IGNORED

Should City Appoint Lee Johnson.

Dynamite Red

Should City Appoint Lee Johnson.  

323 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

But then he might be out of our reach? Surely better to get someone who's about to achieve something and its with us?

But why would we ever consider him and want him to be 'within our reach'?

With last season's success and the stadium rebuild we were really onto something here. Talk about coming to an abrupt halt.

We should have identified three proven managers at this level and interviewed them thoroughly and offered the preferred one the salary he wants. Too many clubs offer average players loads and good managers not enough. Therefore they end up with overpaid average players and can't attract good managers.

So they never progress. We are looking like we could be one of those.

The manager is the one who should be looked after first and foremost - Pearson, Moyes or Warnock. Yep we don't know if they were actually approached and we don't know if they actually turned us down. But I think if we'd offered one of them the job at the start of November, paid them well and let them just get on and manage the club, we'd have been fine.

10 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I just edited your poll DR to add the option of no strong feelings either way, as I'm sure many haven't got a strong feeling for either vote (myself included)

Hope that's ok

Surely it's a yes or no answer. You either wish him to be appointed to the position or not. Can you change it back please.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not until he's achieved something decent as a manager.

I am sure that opinion isn't in the slightest bit influenced by the fact that Gary Johnson happens to be his father!  Of course not :)

I think this is a progressive and, quite probably, inspired appointment if it pushes through.  A young ambituious manager, an affinity to the Club, won't require much settling in, favours young player development, plays good football and has done astute transfer dealings within low budget. 

Surely this is a joke.  If Lansdown appoints LJ we get just another average manager, it was only recently that he managed to get Barnsley winning after a awful run in League 1, yes League 1 and believe it was 12 games without a win and here we sit at the foot of the table awaiting relegation.  Looking at his stats he's managed 156 won only 56 games, drew 45 and lost 53, yes Mr Average.  What is the point of investing all that money into revamping Ashton Gate when you are out of the Championship, this bloke will not be the one to save us from playing rovers next season!  Gary Monk would get my vote but like normal, no good manager wants to come to City............

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

But why would we ever consider him and want him to be 'within our reach'?

With last season's success and the stadium rebuild we were really onto something here. Talk about coming to an abrupt halt.

We should have identified three proven managers at this level and interviewed them thoroughly and offered the preferred one the salary he wants. Too many clubs offer average players loads and good managers not enough. Therefore they end up with overpaid average players and can't attract good managers.

So they never progress. We are looking like we could be one of those.

The manager is the one who should be looked after first and foremost - Pearson, Moyes or Warnock. Yep we don't know if they were actually approached and we don't know if they actually turned us down. But I think if we'd offered one of them the job at the start of November, paid them well and let them just get on and manage the club, we'd have been fine.

Because he just won the JPT and got promotion from L1 for example? His stock could possibly increase after this season. People are just so hung up on Lee Johnson the ex City player, views are being severely blinkered. 

3 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Surely it's a yes or no answer. You either wish him to be appointed to the position or not. Can you change it back please.

But for us fence sitters who don't like to undermine a manager before he's even picked a team and to the same extent don't want to give unwavering support before he's even been interviewed need a box to tick. :yes:

Don't have a view either way at this point to be honest. I'd quite like him because he has a history/fondness with the club and I always tend to prefer up and coming managers than ones who are one job from retirement or are only here because it's a job.

I understand why there are concerns (although I don't understand why there's yet more moaning and toy throwing by fans) but ultimately if the club feel he's the best candidate then I'll support him; you know what with being a supporter and all.

4 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

But for us fence sitters who don't like to undermine a manager before he's even picked a team and to the same extent don't want to give unwavering support before he's even been interviewed need a box to tick. :yes:

That was the whole point, the question is unbiased so was trying to avoid fence sitting. Simple yes or no.

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Because he just won the JPT and got promotion from L1 for example? His stock could possibly increase after this season. People are just so hung up on Lee Johnson the ex City player, views are being severely blinkered. 

He hasn't just won the JPT, the final isn't until 3rd April...

Well if you can see into the future can you tell me if we stay up or not?!

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He hasn't just won the JPT, the final isn't until 3rd April...

Well if you can see into the future can you tell me if we stay up or not?!

You've totally missed the point and just replied with sarcasm.

8 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

That was the whole point, the question is unbiased so was trying to avoid fence sitting. Simple yes or no.

But there are some who haven't made their minds up yet and/or aren't able to give a yes/no answer because they just don't know.

I'm not feeling massively excited about it, but nor am I going all "please god no!" like I am if Colin were to be appointed.

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

But there are some who haven't made their minds up yet and/or aren't able to give a yes/no answer because they just don't know.

I'm not feeling massively excited about it, but nor am I going all "please god no!" like I am if Colin were to be appointed.

I'd have warnock all day long over an unproven manager who was not popular as a player. 

Archived