IGNORED

Bolton

Marina's Rolls Royce

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

So do we think they will avoid admin then? Them going into admin would be a huge boost to us but takeover, Holdsworth looks relatively likely.

Think they'll be fine and avoid a sanction. That isn't based on any knowledge, just a feeling that they'll get enough time afforded to them to get their affairs in order.

I don`t think they will avoid it. They`ll pay HMRC to avoid being wound up and then go into admin. Whether they will then do it straight away and take the 12 point hit this season or delay (i.e. gamble on staying up) and take the deduction for next who knows? I`m not sure when the cut off point is for them to get the deduction this season but it can`t be far away. Personally, I think they might wait and take it next year - if they stay up, they`re in the championship albeit starting next year with -12 points but if they take it now they`re almost certainly down. If they don`t take it and still get relegated they will be a big fish in league 1 and might fancy themselves to overcome a -12 penalty anyway.

Who knows? Glad I don`t have to decide!

As they've just sold Euxton- their state of the art Prem quality training ground with it's gym, offices, astro turf pitches, swimming pool etc- it's a bitter blow and a real statement that they're not looking upwards any more. What is unclear is where this money has gone/is going. It may well go to paying the emergency loans. 

They have the case at the High Court tomorrow when they either have to pay £3m to HMRC ( very good idea) or try for yet another adjournment as a take over is close. Big big gamble as a judge may feel they're playing for time and have already had enough. 

Meanwhile Sportshield ( fronted by Holdsworth) may be questioning exactly what they're buying. BWFC have been asset stripped. They are the preferred bidder but have only just been given the info to do the due diligence. This is a consortium that wants to make money not perform an act of community service. The clock's ticking for Bolton and no matter what happens tomorrow there are big problems ahead.

I think they'll get relegated either way  . 

4 minutes ago, Kodjia said:

If Bolton get liquidated will there only be 2 relegation places?

We need @Tomarse to produce an 'expunged' league table....what a great word.

Bolton have given opposition teams 58 points from 32 games, so given up almost 2 points a game.  City giving their single point back for one game, would make us one of the benefitters should they go out of business.

Bolton have beaten Rotherham (but also lost), MKD (but also lost) Blackburn (and a draw, so Blackburn also a winner) and Wolves (same as Blackburn).

I think this Holdsworth deal is really an insurance policy and not necessarily a very likely or imminent purchase.

I think what they've done is put themselves in a position whereby if they weren't/aren't able to pay HMRC they could say 'a bit longer before winding up, please, we have an interested purchaser'. Could be wrong but that's my cynical feeling. 

Complete guess, but would expect them to get a shorter period of grace tomorrow using the well tested 'it is nearly sorted, honest gov' defence.

The moment they really believe they have no chance, would fully expect them to hit the administration button, rather than get liquidated. Not sure why they have not done that already really, clean sheet in the 1st division and all that.

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I think this Holdsworth deal is really an insurance policy and not necessarily a very likely or imminent purchase.

I think what they've done is put themselves in a position whereby if they weren't/aren't able to pay HMRC they could say 'a bit longer before winding up, please, we have an interested purchaser'. Could be wrong but that's my cynical feeling. 

Yep.

And they will get away with it.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14290310.Wanderers_racing_against_the_clock_on_takeover_deal/?ref=mr&lp=8

Friday from the Bolton News, last sentence...

"Sources at the club remain confident they will be able to demonstrate that a deal with a new owner is close enough to earn an adjournment when they attend the court in London on Monday morning."

Sounds like playing for time, and another good earner for the legal profession.

Also seen the gist of this posted a few times now:

"With a winding-up order to be heard at the High Court on Monday, over unpaid VAT and PAYE tax bills amounting to £3million, Davies had been seeking to conclude a sale prior to Saturday's game against Queens Park Rangers, but potential reasons behind the delay have begun to emerge.

Davies is seeking bonus payments from television and sponsorship revenue in the event that Bolton appear at Championship level or above at any stage before 2021, as well as demanding a suite is named in his honour at Macron Stadium."

You would let one of the most historic clubs in the country fall over for the sake of a suite? Nose and face, or what!

Piece in today's Times on Zac Clough gently slagging us off. Says he phoned his Dad (Twitter pal with some on here) when our bid came in. Dad laughed and said "No way". Classy to say that to a National paper, respectful and humble...NOT. Could have just as easily says " I wanted to stay with Bolton" but said we were "trying to improve", but it was a sideways move. Won't be sideways next year though huh Zac?

3 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Piece in today's Times on Zac Clough gently slagging us off. Says he phoned his Dad (Twitter pal with some on here) when our bid came in. Dad laughed and said "No way". Classy to say that to a National paper, respectful and humble...NOT. Could have just as easily says " I wanted to stay with Bolton" but said we were "trying to improve", but it was a sideways move. Won't be sideways next year though huh Zac?

He'll look a bit silly when he finally does leave after relegation.  Should just keep his trap shut.

26 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

But they're (respectfully) laughing at us. So they can Trott off (to L1)

someone is laughing at someone!

7.5m up front 12.5m over 5 years, to buy the club, however the club has 179m in debt with nowhere near enough in assets to cover the debt (players,ground other assets not worth anywhere near 179m). They are likely to go down, but will fight to stay up until its impossible, then they have to start finding real money.

My instinct is Holdsworth and his merchant bankers are a temporary situation while they find a Jordanian billionaire....Well if the Sags can do it Preston one of the fabled names of English football should be able to!

• The title was changed to Bolton
10 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

01_29085944_604602_2714947a.jpg

They could end up in the same situation as Portsmouth still paying players years down the line. Some of these figures for players I am struggling to remember are horrendous. http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/player-by-player-breakdown-of-what-pompey-owe-1-5468027

On 22 février 2016 at 16:14, REDOXO said:

someone is laughing at someone!

7.5m up front 12.5m over 5 years, to buy the club, however the club has 179m in debt with nowhere near enough in assets to cover the debt (players,ground other assets not worth anywhere near 179m). They are likely to go down, but will fight to stay up until its impossible, then they have to start finding real money.

My instinct is Holdsworth and his merchant bankers are a temporary situation while they find a Jordanian billionaire....Well if the Sags can do it Preston one of the fabled names of English football should be able to!

Or Bolton even ...

Archived