IGNORED

Bolton

Marina's Rolls Royce

36 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

They could end up in the same situation as Portsmouth still paying players years down the line. Some of these figures for players I am struggling to remember are horrendous. http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/player-by-player-breakdown-of-what-pompey-owe-1-5468027

Still one of the most insane list of wages owed ever... and all the local businesses probably got at best a couple £100 each.

54 minutes ago, Kodjia said:

Didn't they sign Amos last summer? Seems stupid if they knew how much shit they were in

Yep, they did and I honestly heard Neil Lennon say at the weekend that he hoped the takeover would go through very soon so he could "sign a few players".

They look more and more like Pompey did, but without anywhere near as big or fanatical a fanbase.

Personally I hope they do go into administration, they completely deserve it, look at some of those wages, Feeney is very average, some of the others (Dobbie aside, he's on about what they all should be) are shocking decisions.

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, they did and I honestly heard Neil Lennon say at the weekend that he hoped the takeover would go through very soon so he could "sign a few players".

They look more and more like Pompey did, but without anywhere near as big or fanatical a fanbase.

Personally I hope they do go into administration, they completely deserve it, look at some of those wages, Feeney is very average, some of the others (Dobbie aside, he's on about what they all should be) are shocking decisions.

There are issues with Holdsworth having the £15m required to run them next year. Still possible the takeover could collapse somewhat.

18 minutes ago, !james said:

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2016/3/7/11171750/bolton-wanderers-d-day-in-court-live

Back in court today, should find out this afternoon if having points deduction... 

I was thinking, when would the point deduction take place? This season or next? Im sure, most Bolton fans are prepared for relegation so any sane fan would take the point deduction now rather than be cut adrift next season. 

4 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Don't understand, how they can keep getting adjournments. Amount of smaller clubs wound up for much less money owing, and Bolton keep getting by for another fortnight.

Seem's to me they are being let off lightly indeed, no more adjournments though, if the courts not happy the next time they are due in its Liquidation.

3 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Don't understand, how they can keep getting adjournments. Amount of smaller clubs wound up for much less money owing, and Bolton keep getting by for another fortnight.

To be fair the judge and HMRC are not very impressed, and that is coming from Bolton.

"The club has stretched judicial discretion." is what the judge said, and HMRC don't believe that Bolton have a plan to pay them, so want them liquidated.

I'm not smart enough to know what looks like happening here, but doesn't exactly seem great for them; admin for certain, surely.

Take no pleasure in the possibility of them vanishing, but you do have to wonder about the decision making that leads to a club into this situation.

13 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Seem's to me they are being let off lightly indeed, no more adjournments though, if the courts not happy the next time they are due in its Liquidation.

Let's not forget that Bolton have beaten both MK Dons and Rotherham this year. Liquidation would mean a wiping out of those results. Would be very sorry to see Bolton go but if they do it won't do us any good.

27 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

There is no way back from liquidation though and so if there is a remote chance of saving the business then that's preferable to pulling the plug when it cannot be put back. 

If a credible plan for recovery came up before the next adjournment I wouldn't be surprised if they nabbed even another one despite comments. Wouldn't bet on it though. 

17 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Let's not forget that Bolton have beaten both MK Dons and Rotherham this year. Liquidation would mean a wiping out of those results. Would be very sorry to see Bolton go but if they do it won't do us any good.

How does all that work, exactly?  Is there precedent?

To be fair; having a quick look at it, we'd lose a point thanks to our draw, but others around us might suffer too.

Blackburn have got three points off them, Fulham one, Charlton have drawn with them twice, Leeds have got four points off them as have Forest, Huddersfield three, Rotherham beat them four nil and then lost 2-1 so would lose goal difference, and though MK lost to them recently they beat them in August, so it levels out.

As you say; have no wish to see them go under, but we'd actually do far better than many down around us if their results were wiped out.

12 minutes ago, samo II said:

To be fair; having a quick look at it, we'd lose a point thanks to our draw, but others around us might suffer too.

Blackburn have got three points off them, Fulham one, Charlton have drawn with them twice, Leeds have got four points off them as have Forest, Huddersfield three, Rotherham beat them four nil and then lost 2-1 so would lose goal difference, and though MK lost to them recently they beat them in August, so it levels out.

As you say; have no wish to see them go under, but we'd actually do far better than many down around us if their results were wiped out.

You're absolutely right. I was obviously having a senior moment there. Nurse!

15 minutes ago, samo II said:

They are starting to sound like a good team! 

13 minutes ago, Calculus said:

You're absolutely right. I was obviously having a senior moment there. Nurse!

One thing I noticed; they are next in court on 21 March - the Monday after we play them.  

Could end up that we are the last team ever to play Bolton Wanderers F.C.

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They are starting to sound like a good team! 

It highlights how important it is that we beat them when we play them, as other than Fulham who still have to play them at home last day of the season, everyone else has beat them at least once.  And when a division has a team like that, if you want to avoid joining them as whipping boys, it is key that that you beat them.

So whether they cease to exist the Monday following or not, we really must beat them.

37 minutes ago, samo II said:

By the time they next go back to court, we will have played our second game with them.  If we beat them and they went bust we would lose 4 points so would be worse off; if we don't win we would be better off than Rotherham and MK

6 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

By the time they next go back to court, we will have played our second game with them.  If we beat them and they went bust we would lose 4 points so would be worse off; if we don't win we would be better off than Rotherham and MK

It's a good point; would be bizarre if we beat them only to find ourselves on fewer points on Monday!

Is there an previous example of this happening in the league system?  I hope they stay afloat, but what would be the ramifications if they fold?  They'd not be relegated, so wouldn't be taking a spot in League One; would that mean there would be an extra promotion spot for League Two (and presumably the National League)?

It would certainly set the cat amongst the pigeons in this division, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, samo II said:

Yes, there is a precedent. When Accrington Stanley resigned from the forth division in March 1962 their results were expunged from the records.

They got into the Prem by living beyond their means and stayed there on the same basis . After being relegated they carried on in the same manner hoping to get back to the big time and big money but they came unstuck and the parachute payments ran out . 

How can this be fair on teams like Bristol City , Rotherham, MK Dons , even Bristol Rovers who have to play on a playing field that is rather hilly if not mountainous ? 

How is it there was no time given to Hereford United to get their finances together . One rule for one , one for another . 

I hope we thrash Bolton on March 19th , give Zach Clough some serious stick , and remind there arrogant fans that they're going down with the Rovers , and that that they're just a small club in Scotland . 

13 minutes ago, redapple said:

They got into the Prem by living beyond their means and stayed there on the same basis . After being relegated they carried on in the same manner hoping to get back to the big time and big money but they came unstuck and the parachute payments ran out . 

How can this be fair on teams like Bristol City , Rotherham, MK Dons , even Bristol Rovers who have to play on a playing field that is rather hilly if not mountainous ? 

How is it there was no time given to Hereford United to get their finances together . One rule for one , one for another . 

I hope we thrash Bolton on March 19th , give Zach Clough some serious stick , and remind there arrogant fans that they're going down with the Rovers , and that that they're just a small club in Scotland . 

Looking forward to that !

Not sure the little runt knows what is going to hit him on the 19th ?!

1 hour ago, samo II said:

It's a good point; would be bizarre if we beat them only to find ourselves on fewer points on Monday!

Is there an previous example of this happening in the league system?  I hope they stay afloat, but what would be the ramifications if they fold?  They'd not be relegated, so wouldn't be taking a spot in League One; would that mean there would be an extra promotion spot for League Two (and presumably the National League)?

It would certainly set the cat amongst the pigeons in this division, that's for sure.

The last team to fold mid-season were Aldershot: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991%E2%80%9392_Football_League#Third_Division_2

If Bolton were to fold then one less team would be relegated from the Champ, one less from League 1 and so on all the way down the pyramid

4 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

The last team to fold mid-season were Aldershot: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991%E2%80%9392_Football_League#Third_Division_2

If Bolton were to fold then one less team would be relegated from the Champ, one less from League 1 and so on all the way down the pyramid

Cheers for that; wasn't sure how it panned out in that scenario, but makes sense.

Would probably play more havoc with those teams up and around the playoff chasing teams; having a quick look, a you might see a fair bit of movement between around 9th and 3rd place, with the likes of Brighton profiting over Hull and others.

Even just admin would put them down; in that instance, a win on 19 March is more than essential. 

21 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

That Division 2 table makes for harrowing viewing.

Not sure if this is correct or not but I'm sure I have read it somewhere that if the team is virtually down the points are deducted the following season, and they will start on minus points, if that is the case Bolton might have to take the hit next season if they do go into administration.

Archived