IGNORED

Blue Lines: Unfortunate Title, Brilliant Record.....

Jack Dawe

1 hour ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Blue Lines may have had the wrong colour but a fine City fan called Avalanche put that right: http://www.red-lines.co.ukhttp://www.red-lines.co.uk/thebeautifulgame.htm Unf now deceased (the site, not Avalanche).

Great site that was. Avalanche used to post on here in the early days, and had a page on his site dedicated to the City: http://www.red-lines.co.uk/thebeautifulgame.htm

6 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Set me off remembering Ashton Court in the 1980s (only years I went):  recall The Flatmates.  One or both of Brilliant Corners and Blue Aeroplanes.  No idea who else.  Happy days, I guess.

The Brilliant Corners and Blue Aeroplanes definitely played Ashton Court festival. Both played benefit gigs to keep the festival going as they were always struggling for pennies. I loved that festival. 

8 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

get GT to give it a spin on Saturday

Got no chance of that being played me thinks, something more of a bigger hit might be required, it sneaked into the top 100 no mean feat back in the day. Anyone that can get that played will get a Thatchers from me,  please play it at half time please as I'm not in the ground till 2.55!!!

14 hours ago, Steve_C said:

Great idea, not just Massive Attack but our City is full of all genre's of music.

There must be other artists/ bands that are City.

Personally love punk and metal but not sure which Bristol bands are red. 

the vice squad, dave batemen, rip.

13 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Post Beki Vice Squad, corny backing vocals at the end by assorted City boys. Dave ( guitar) was a big City fan, sadly no longer with us.

that's mad, that's me singing at the start with tim and Charlie.

and blue lines a masterpiece I still have in the car to this day

Although the female rapper is not from Bristol, this song from Tricky's last album always sounds to me like a perfect football song - boombastic, rowdy and crucially, based on loud guitar-driven rock so appealing to a wider range than if it was actually just rap (it's not, in fact Tricky dispenses with this rapper in some of his live shows anyway).

BTW love MA but surely Tricky (and Russ Conway!) are the biggest selling music acts actually from #SouthBristol?

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Not really a football song and don't know if they're City fans, but a great summer tune and all filmed on North Street...

Top tune. 

From Taunton originally. 2 of them at least. I went to college with Ian Merchants younger sister many moons ago. Not that being from Taunton precludes you from being a City fan of course! 

On 10/02/2016 at 15:44, BRISTOL86 said:

I know nothing about Massive Attack but every week I think to myself how utterly crap the pre match atmosphere is, in no small part down to utterly appalling nondescript chart music..

It's consistently baffled me for 25 years.

We play the most generic bull shit.  

It could be so much better but sadly speaks volumes about our club knowing nothing of what it is to be a football fan and how interwoven with elements of society it is.

Probably the wrong elements. 

Archived