IGNORED

Are you confident we'll stay up?

reddogkev

After we lost away to Reading 1-0, I posted on here that we would be relegated.  The team seemed shattered, confidence had been drained, SC didn't want to change the system etc...

We looked destined for the drop.

Time moves on, and under the watching eyes of Pembo and Wade, results had improved to the extent that we've all seemed quite optimistic we will stay up.

Now, even without that elusive striker we all wanted, I feel we have the squad to keep us in the league (Tomlin will be the difference maker), but do we have the manager?

I still feel we'll be comfortable, and look to finish outside of the bottom 5, but what about you folks?

I was confident of staying up at the start of the season and then right through into the end of Dec. Results were crap.

I accepted that we will probably be relegated mid Jan. Upturn in results!

Due to the above I'm going to confidently say that I can't see us winning a game for the rest of season and will be relegated. 

:thumbsup:

Well, the Skybet have made our odds longer from 11/4 to go down to 4/1 after the weekend. Bolton on the other hand whilst still odds on have gone from 1/8 to 2/9. We remain fifth favourites.

Does not mean a lot, but if people are really sure it is 50/50, worth a small bet to cover the pain (for a night). For those of a more pessimistic persuasion, and would want to be out of it for at least a week in the event of us going down and the gas going up, it's about 12-1. 

I think we have given ourselves a decent chance, not sure I feel more confident than that.

14 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Before Cotts left I was....

When Pembo took over I was....

With Lee in charge I was....

.... Erhummm i mean i am :)

Like to see how the team does in his first game on Saturday though .

I can answer that one for you now, Saturday will be a 1 - 1 draw.  Tomlin to score another penalty after again being fouled (no doubt Mad Mick will say he dived for it).

I mean, City at home to Ipswich just sounds like a 1-1 draw.

I am very concerned that we left the change of Manager / Head Coach too late.

Dont think LJ is the right choice at this point, given our predicament and his hugely limited experience.

I think we have improved since SC went simply because we don't look like we are going to concede every time the opposition cross the half- way line!

Need a striker very soon ( but we all know that)

I hope LJ does not change too much too soon in a bid to impress Mr Ashton, it's going to be close I suspect, but I think we will survive.

It is crucial, in my opinion, that we do.

14 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Nope and while I hope Lee is a success, I cant help but feel that it is wrong man wrong time.

I admire the fact Lee has taken this job now, with the club perched near the bottom.  He's a brave man, and supremely confident in his ability, that's for sure.

Way too hard a question to answer until we see the effect that LJ has...... 

What formation and tactics will he employ? Which players will he continue to pick / drop? How have the players reacted to his appointment and what effect can he have on them?

Key questions that, until we have played a few games (realistically until the end of this month), can't be answered.

Ask me in early March.....

9 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I can answer that one for you now, Saturday will be a 1 - 1 draw.  Tomlin to score another penalty after again being fouled (no doubt Mad Mick will say he dived for it).

I mean, City at home to Ipswich just sounds like a 1-1 draw.

I have a feeling we will lose it 1-2. 

No not confident at all t hat we will stay up. Bolton's results have improved, if they can avoid administration  I think they will escape leaving Charlton Bottom as they are by far the worst team I have seen this season and we only really limped past them last Saturday, Rotherham, I think will go alongside us.

Hope I'm wrong though!!

4 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Way too hard a question to answer until we see the effect that LJ has...... 

What formation and tactics will he employ? Which players will he continue to pick / drop? How have the players reacted to his appointment and what effect can he have on them?

Key questions that, until we have played a few games (realistically until the end of this month), can't be answered.

Ask me in early March.....

Afraid I can't give you until March, you've got to call it now.

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Afraid I can't give you until March, you've got to call it now.

Fair enough....in that case I predict us to win every game under the 'johnson' effect, mounting a late surge into the playoffs, finishing 6th on the final day after beating QPR away 1-0, with a JET og in the last minute. Then us beating burnley 1-0 in the playoff final, with andre gray scoring a last minute own goal.

Don't ask me to comment on the semi-final result though, what will happen there is anyone's call.....

3 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Fair enough....in that case I predict us to win every game under the 'johnson' effect, mounting a late surge into the playoffs, finishing 6th on the final day after beating QPR away 1-0, with a JET og in the last minute. Then us beating burnley 1-0 in the playoff final, with andre gray scoring a last minute own goal.

Don't ask me to comment on the semi-final result though, what will happen there is anyone's call.....

We'll beat Middlesboro 1-0 in both semi-finals...

14 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I admire the fact Lee has taken this job now, with the club perched near the bottom.  He's a brave man, and supremely confident in his ability, that's for sure.

I agree it does show confidence , but also he is on a win / win , stay up and he is a hero, go down and he can blame the previous regime. NOT suggesting for one second that he would want us to go down and I am certain he will do all he can to avoid it, however even after this season he has a 3 year contract - can't really lose.

To answer this question I think it could depend on what happens with MK Dons and Rotherham.

If MK continue to do poorly are they going to want to be a yoyo team from L1 to the Championship, or lose faith and sack the long serving Karl Robinson? I know they've been very loyal to him over the years and he's got them up, but will they allow him to take them down?

And with Rotherham, depending on the manager they get in could have a big bearing on our fate. Warnock is a northerner and might fancy his chances with a team like them, so who knows? One of the most unpredictable relegation battles for a while. Anyone from about 7 teams could get the drop! 

3 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Albert own goals in both I reckon. Who ever said we needed to sign a striker......

Damn, Johnson has mastered this tactic of forcing the opposition into scoring own goals.

I wonder if there is a way to pressing teams into scoring a higher percentage of own goals.  Probably a German word for it.

18 minutes ago, frenchred said:

No not confident at all t hat we will stay up. Bolton's results have improved, if they can avoid administration  I think they will escape leaving Charlton Bottom as they are by far the worst team I have seen this season and we only really limped past them last Saturday, Rotherham, I think will go alongside us.

Hope I'm wrong though!!

Don't worry, you will be wrong, I hope!

Archived