IGNORED

Are you confident we'll stay up?

reddogkev

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Not confident we will stay up, however feel we can do it. The results under Pembo & Wade, 7pts from 4 games, if continued would see us pull well clear. Also as things stand we are not in bottom 3.

So all down to the impact LJ has, whether we stay up or not from here is all on his head. As someone else said if LJ starts tinkering to impress Ashton, or just to make his mark, it could all go tits up.

Will be able to predict much better after Saturday's game. Here's hoping for our first back-to-back wins which would send confidence soaring. 

Makes you wonder why we didn't stick with Pembo and Wade, thought they were exactly what was needed and the players reacted and dug deep for them.

9 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Makes you wonder why we didn't stick with Pembo and Wade, thought they were exactly what was needed and the players reacted and dug deep for them.

The club is between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Appointing any manager ( even the likes of Pearson, Moyes etc) could undo the work done by Pembo and Wade and back in even more trouble. However if they stuck with Pembo and things had turned for the worst, then many fans would immediately blame the club for not paying to bring in an experienced manager.

Also keeping Pembo in charge till the end of the season would be seen by many as the cheap option, i.e.SL not being prepared to " put his hand in his pocket" to fund our survival. Keeping Pembo and Wade in charge would then create another problem if we survive this season, as what would the club then do? If we gave Pembo the job long term then he has no managerial experience - completely contrary to what the majority of fans have been calling for -  and once again many would see it as the club going for the cheap option, especially if next season started badly.

It's an easy job, this running a football club. Unless, that is you are doing so from behind a keyboard.

14 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I'm really hoping LJ is smart enough to let Pembo have a strong influence for the rest of the season. Suddenly switching to his own style could be a catastrophe. 

My instinct is that he will play the smart game, hope so anyway!

12 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Was confident with Pembo in charge but not LJ, I really think the guys out of his depth and I can't say that I was overjoyed with a 3.5 year contract for a manager who so far has done nothing.

I genuinely hope I'm wrong as I believe he cares about the club but if he wants to keep us up play Tomlinson through the middle and get a striker in NOW.

Pemberton is still here, and Johnson strike's me as intelligent and humble enough to listen to the advice of a man who oversaw 7 points from games....unlike his predecessor.

17 hours ago, cynic said:

I'm also confident that we'll stay up.

Not sure who will go down other than Charlton and Bolton if they go into admin or wound up (really couldn't give a toss if they do or don't), but it won't be us.

As part of the "football family", I wouldn't want to see Bolton wound up.  Are you not able to empathise with their blameless supporters?  I'd be disappointed if supporters of other clubs took your stance if we were in the same situation. 

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Pemberton is still here, and Johnson strike's me as intelligent and humble enough to listen to the advice of a man who oversaw 7 points from games....unlike his predecessor.

Indeed. Dont like the Johnson appointment one bit but the guy does seem humble and not stupid enough to suddenly come in and start changing a team/tactics that has been solid AND getting us points. Im very confident we will now stay up to be honest, i think there are teams still yet to be dragged in that will have a say aswell. Bolton Charlton and im going to say it but i think Fulham are my dark horses to go down..

1 hour ago, bris red said:

Indeed. Dont like the Johnson appointment one bit but the guy does seem humble and not stupid enough to suddenly come in and start changing a team/tactics that has been solid AND getting us points. Im very confident we will now stay up to be honest, i think there are teams still yet to be dragged in that will have a say aswell. Bolton Charlton and im going to say it but i think Fulham are my dark horses to go down..

Is Bolton Charlton, Bobby and Jack's lesser known brother?

13 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Not confident we will stay up, however feel we can do it. The results under Pembo & Wade, 7pts from 4 games, if continued would see us pull well clear. Also as things stand we are not in bottom 3.

So all down to the impact LJ has, whether we stay up or not from here is all on his head. As someone else said if LJ starts tinkering to impress Ashton, or just to make his mark, it could all go tits up.

Will be able to predict much better after Saturday's game. Here's hoping for our first back-to-back wins which would send confidence soaring. 

Agree fully with the tinkering. And worryingly if you read the Korey Smith interview you can read into it that he is already tinkering. 

I feel that our survival is more in the hands of the teams below us. I don't see our form changing any time soon so if suddenly Rotherham, Bolton or Charlton find some form we could really be in the sh*t. I really do hope our form changes for the better but right now I just don't see it.

8 hours ago, Spike said:

I feel that our survival is more in the hands of the teams below us. I don't see our form changing any time soon so if suddenly Rotherham, Bolton or Charlton find some form we could really be in the sh*t. I really do hope our form changes for the better but right now I just don't see it.

What form are you referring to?! Our form is 7 points from the last four games. Maintain that and we easily survive.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

How confident are we all feeling today?  Loving the gap between us and the bottom 3, just need to start climbing the table.

Very. Not out of the woods yet by any means but I`ve seen enough recently to know we are better than most of the crap below us. We will start to climb the table now - beat MK next week and we`re guaranteed to at least one place.

Next two games (MK away and Brighton home) I really hope we can get 4 points - we get that and we'll be on the right track.  Looking at the sides we've played, and the form we've shown, I think we can be positive about our chances.

Ourselves and MK both hitting a patch of form has come at the wrong time for the likes of Rotherham and Charlton, as means next weekend we could both go as much as 6 and 7 points clear of them both respectively, even just with a draw, which wouldn't slow our momentum (that is presuming their away games at Fulham and Burnley go with form).

Staying hard to score against and keeping up the sort of attacking pressure we displayed yesterday, and I think we have every chance of being at this level next season.

Not at all confident during SCs final days as manager, we were doomed with him.

Now,we have a great chance of staying up as the last 5 games indicate.More solid, organised... we've knocked off two teams in the top 8, averaging 2 points a game in the last 5.. conceding just 2. Hope we can keep that up but I'm alot more confident now

On 11 February 2016 at 11:28, downendcity said:

The club is between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Appointing any manager ( even the likes of Pearson, Moyes etc) could undo the work done by Pembo and Wade and back in even more trouble. However if they stuck with Pembo and things had turned for the worst, then many fans would immediately blame the club for not paying to bring in an experienced manager.

Also keeping Pembo in charge till the end of the season would be seen by many as the cheap option, i.e.SL not being prepared to " put his hand in his pocket" to fund our survival. Keeping Pembo and Wade in charge would then create another problem if we survive this season, as what would the club then do? If we gave Pembo the job long term then he has no managerial experience - completely contrary to what the majority of fans have been calling for -  and once again many would see it as the club going for the cheap option, especially if next season started badly.

It's an easy job, this running a football club. Unless, that is you are doing so from behind a keyboard.

However there is a large amount of fans that look at LJ as the cheap option and the contract length ridiculous.

Off course we all want him to do well but I'd have preferred a shorter contract, with clauses.

Archived