IGNORED

No Cole Skuse

Nuno Gomes

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I think korey is the better player but its a shame it would of been nice to give cole a reception

What!?

They are different types of midfielders. Smith has an attacking element to his game whilst Skuse is more defensive. If you want compare defensive midfielders then it should be Pack and Skuse.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What!?

They are different types of midfielders. Smith has an attacking element to his game whilst Skuse is more defensive. If you want compare defensive midfielders then it should be Pack and Skuse.

That debate won't last long...

1 hour ago, Collis1 said:

Bold claim.  Skuse has been playing at a higher level for a much longer time at a bigger club.

Skuse is 29, Smith is 25 (according to wiki)

It quotes 'In July 2010, Smith was handed the number 18 shirt and continued to play regularly as Norwich won promotion to the Premier League' - so Smith was playing regular football at this level as a 19 year old (if my maths is correct), presumably let go as he wasn't ready for the Prem

I'd take Smith over Skuse in a heartbeat

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What!?

It's about personal preference robbo and mine is I rate smith more then I rate skuse 

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It's about personal preference robbo and mine is I rate smith more then I rate skuse 

Of course it's all individual opinions but to me Skuse at City was almost an unsung master although he did win the Supporters Player of the Year one season. That award meant a great deal to him.

As for Korey Smith - no doubt he's a classy player and he may develop the same class as Skuse but IMO he's not there yet.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Of course it's all individual opinions but to me Skuse at City was almost an unsung master although he did win the Supporters Player of the Year one season. That award meant a great deal to him.

As for Korey Smith - no doubt he's a classy player and he may develop the same class as Skuse but IMO he's not there yet.

You've been watching a different player for two seasons then...

Smith is a far better player than Skuse . Best midfield player we've had since Gerry Gow . If he could score 4 or 5 a season he'd be the complete midfield player . 

Pack is coming on a treat lately as well . 

Skuse was always a promising player for me , who never quite fully blossomed , and looked a bit jaded last 2 seasons at the Gate . Nice bloke though. 

4 minutes ago, redapple said:

Smith is a far better player than Skuse . Best midfield player we've had since Gerry Gow . If he could score 4 or 5 a season he'd be the complete midfield player . 

Pack is coming on a treat lately as well . 

Skuse was always a promising player for me , who never quite fully blossomed , and looked a bit jaded last 2 seasons at the Gate . Nice bloke though. 

Closest I`ve seen to Gary Shelton in recent years.

8 minutes ago, redapple said:

Smith is a far better player than Skuse . Best midfield player we've had since Gerry Gow . 

Gerry Gow - the greatest midfielder that I've ever seen playing for City. Terrific visionary player with quick feet. Hard as nails as well. He and the opposition midfield kicked lumps out of  each other and to mention Korey Smith in the same sentence is laughable.......:disapointed2se:

I was/am a big Skuse fan and thought he was a very underrated player for us but Korey is by far the better player.

Cole did the simple things well but never really stood out in games, unlike Korey who is MOTM more often than not.

The balls he pinches, the way he reads the game, the neat turns and shimmy's he does when receiving the ball and his general awareness of whats around him is prem class.

Still only young and will keep improving.....Korey is a class act.

Just now, yardy said:

I was/am a big Skuse fan and thought he was a very underrated player for us but Korey is by far the better player.

Cole did the simple things well but never really stood out in games, unlike Korey who is MOTM more often than not.

The balls he pinches, the way he reads the game, the neat turns and shimmy's he does when receiving the ball and his general awareness of whats around him is prem class.

Still only young and will keep improving.....Korey is a class act.

korey is a very good player that's for sure, but never underestimate Cole because Mick McCarthy knows a good player when he see's one. I believe Cole has all the attributes to be able to play in the premiership not my words but Mick McCarthy's

1 minute ago, hay dens party said:

korey is a very good player that's for sure, but never underestimate Cole because Mick McCarthy knows a good player when he see's one. I believe Cole has all the attributes to be able to play in the premiership not my words but Mick McCarthy's

I didn't underestimate Cole i just think Korey is better, and i also think Cole could do a job in a prem team...

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

What!?

Wow. It's funny how we all see things differently. For me Smith is clearly the defensive midfielder of the two. 

1 hour ago, redapple said:

Smith is a far better player than Skuse . Best midfield player we've had since Gerry Gow . 

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Gerry Gow - the greatest midfielder that I've ever seen playing for City. Terrific visionary player with quick feet. Hard as nails as well. He and the opposition midfield kicked lumps out of  each other and to mention Korey Smith in the same sentence is laughable.......:disapointed2se:

I think in your excitement @Robbored you've overlooked @redapple's use of the word "since" there

Archived