IGNORED

McInnes on City - uncomfortable reading...

Olé

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I don't know if it's better. 

I don't believe it to be good.

We've appoint football men into positions that we didn't have before (Ashton and burt)

we we have stopped paying stupid wages

we are finally seeing acadmney players actually coming through and getting a chance in the first team

we have invested money in correct places (youth team facilities etc)

we we finally have decent food and reasonably priced drink at the ground

The thing is, the minute we get back in this league we're straight down the bottom again and struggling, only this time with a much smaller defecit. This is the worry. The cock up behind the scenes is different but the result out on the pitch is the same.

We can only hope and pray we pull out of this and do better next summer

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

To be fair Screech one Zulu looks much the same as any other Zulu, so you pick the ones with sharpest spears during training.

it's nothing that we didn't know but to have it confirmed in this way is difficult reading.

I don't disagree with much in the article, but we would all like to point the finger somewhere else rather than accept some of the blame for our sacking. Lets be fair, it was a mess, but his signings like Jody Morris and Richard Foster added to the crap.

1 minute ago, Jack Dawe said:

The thing is, the minute we get back in this league we're straight down the bottom again and struggling, only this time with a much smaller defecit. This is the worry. The cock up behind the scenes is different but the result out on the pitch is the same.

We can only hope and pray we pull out of this and do better next summer

We can't compete in this league until the ground is finished and we price tickets correctly so we get decent crowds

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We've appoint football men into positions that we didn't have before (Ashton and burt)

we we have stopped paying stupid wages

we are finally seeing acadmney players actually coming through and getting a chance in the first team

we have invested money in correct places (youth team facilities etc)

we we finally have decent food and reasonably priced drink at the ground

and still can't sign players.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well apart from not be able understand how to sign players especially strikers.

We can't afford them and the ones we thought were in our price range the other club wouldn't sell

we can't force clubs to sell to us or players to sign contracts

is that really so hard to understand

produce a list of all this mystical strikers we could afford and wanted to actually play for us 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

We can't compete in this league until the ground is finished and we price tickets correctly so we get decent crowds

We should be able to survive though, and comfortably. But we're a way off that at the moment.

We already knew this he and SoD were put in a position of having to massively cut the players wages and numbers but found it hard to move players on as they were comfy here. The players knew what was happening, and no matter how professional a players is, when you are earning above market money, for little effort because you know your future is elsewhere( as the club needs to let you go) then you cannot be at your best, you do not have the same motivation as a lean team all fighting for their positions and jobs.

I remember posts on here when we think McInnes realised that the squad were simply not playing for him and he started to drop our more senior players.

We should be able to survive though, and comfortably. But we're a way off that at the moment.

We are 3 points clear of danger with most of the teams around us still having to come to Ashton gate 

I'd rather been in our position then rotherhams boltons or charltons

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Our crowds are "decent" already. Next year, if we stay up, they could be better than decent

30 minutes ago, Olé said:

Didn't see this posted anywhere - interesting reading - from The Times:

“I needed simplicity after Bristol City, which was an absolute ... I can’t say it,” he says. “After Bristol I just needed to strip everything right back, and do the job the way any football manager is supposed to do his job.
“Bristol City had fought relegation for three or four seasons prior to me. I kept the club up in 2012 and, looking back now, that was when I was in my strongest position there. At the end of that season I should have been kicking and screaming to finally get things done properly at that club.
“We had players haemorrhaging money at Ashton Gate, earning 14k or 15k a week which the club couldn’t afford. But I wasn’t convinced the club wanted to deal with the situation. I had four different managers’ signings in the dressing room. It was incredible.
“I remember one of my first days at training; all these players parked their cars and came over the hill towards me in their red training gear. There was maybe 40 or 50 of them — it was like watching Zulus coming towards me. I had to try to ship loads of them out on loan and get the squad down to an acceptable level.
“We managed to keep the club up in 2012, having been way adrift when I arrived there. The board had said, ‘if we go down with Derek McInnes, we’ll come back with Derek McInnes’. I had regiments of players I had to move on, but these guys had nowhere to go. Bristol City was Utopia to them — they were on great money. The club was vastly over-paying its players by thousands of pounds per week.
“Everything at Bristol was a mess, including some of the posturing for power in the boardroom. That’s why I said, at Aberdeen, I just needed simplicity. I needed to get back to doing what a football manager does.
“Bristol City taught me one key lesson — when things are going your way, and you are hot, then insist there and then on getting things done. Because it can all change so quickly. You go from a king to a clown.”

McInnes fails to mention that he learnt he was not good enough to manage in England and went running back to the mickey mouse leagues in Scotland.But it is so much easier to blame others.

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We are 3 points clear of danger with most of the teams around us still having to come to Ashton gate 

I'd rather been in our position then rotherhams boltons or charltons

We've been a "shambles" this season, up until three weeks ago. Any attempt to dress it up any different is a nonsense

Reading this thread kind of sums up the issue with our fans for me, here it is in black and white the same thing many have suspected being made clear and what do many of our fans do...... look for ways to blame McInness. I swear some of our fans would rather just ignore the hard truths about this club and keep their rose tinted glasses on.

We've been a "shambles" this season, up until three weeks ago. Any attempt to dress it up any different is a nonsense

We've been far from a shambles

we are actually putting up and players are actually trying the hardest compare that to when we got relegated last time when the team gave up after 20 games and we were regularly 2 or 3 down after 25 minutes

your expectations are far too high, 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

We can't afford them and the ones we thought were in our price range the other club wouldn't sell

we can't force clubs to sell to us or players to sign contracts

is that really so hard to understand

produce a list of all this mystical strikers we could afford and wanted to actually play for us 

So (not including loans) in the past 18 months we have actually signed 3 players is it? one of whom pissed off after a few weeks and the everybody from SL down through to SC ****** up the whole of the summer window? and the highlighted word says it all 'thought' it's supposed to be a professional game run by professionals, I don't have to produce a list of mystical strikers I leave that to others and they patently failed and other clubs around us didn't and don't seem to have a problem signing players.

is it really that hard to understand?.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We've been far from a shambles

we are actually putting up and players are actually trying the hardest compare that to when we got relegated last time when the team gave up after 20 games and we were regularly 2 or 3 down after 25 minutes

your expectations are far too high, 

But the outcome is the same: a relegation struggle. 

Expecting a team that won L1 at a canter to survive in the Championship is too high an expectation? Then SL's are too high as well then. How are Preston getting on? Seen how "decent" their crowds are?

Anyone at the Fulham game that didn't see a "shambles" doesn't know what they are looking at, likewise the transfer windows. We just have to hope this was all down to Cotts, otherwise things are grim

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just confirms what I've said all along...that the infrastructure at the club was appalling whilst Del was here and he needed help. 

Zero scouting, zero chain of command... he was doomed to fail.

Only when SOD arrived did some structure to the club begin to appear.

Yep sadly forgot about winning games though.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just confirms what I've said all along...that the infrastructure at the club was appalling whilst Del was here and he needed help. 

Zero scouting, zero chain of command... he was doomed to fail.

Only when SOD arrived did some structure to the club begin to appear.

We were a L1 club in the Championship, and it has felt very much the same again for most of this season

Archived