IGNORED

Mark Little

EmersonsRed

3 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Thought he defended fairly well when he had to, no glaring errors, just caught out of position a couple of times. 

Really?, he looked to me like somebody on his holidays strolling around looking at the sights and for their goal he was so far out of position he might have been taking a selfie, far too casual all game.

Don't agree at all; his aggression and availability for Freeman meant their right hand side was nullified for much of the game.

Yes; didn't cover himself in glory for their goal, but the whole move saw multiple errors from multiple players, so not leaving that at his door.

Happy for him to continue there in Ayling's absence.

9 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

That was poor defending all over from our own goal kick,couldn't get hold of the ball then all out of position. Pretty much one lapse in concentration all by the team 

Radio Bristol's commentator reckoned Pitman was a yard offside for his goal, still Little should have been closer to him.

Aylings injured...who else in the squad is going to fill this place better?

Ok Little had an average game...but what other defender doesn't make mistakes that lead to goals in this league.

He had an 'average' game...so did others...but we won, and generally we were solid as a team all over the park.

Give the lad a break...we all know Ayling would be playing if fit.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Aylings injured...who else in the squad is going to fill this place better?

Ok Little had an average game...but what other defender doesn't make mistakes that lead to goals in this league.

He had an 'average' game...so did others...but we won, and generally we were solid as a team all over the park.

Give the lad a break...we all know Ayling would be playing if fit.

He gave the ball away far too often and almost always dangerous positions, he was OK further up the pitch with Freeman, but was generally poor, I am surprised that he is struggling to adapt so easily from his wing back position into his full back position, he just looks off of the pace to me.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He gave the ball away far too often and almost always dangerous positions, he was OK further up the pitch with Freeman, but was generally poor, I am surprised that he is struggling to adapt so easily from his wing back position into his full back position, he just looks off of the pace to me.

From what I saw, he looked like you say...but I really don't think he needs a thread about how poor he was.

He had an off game...he's struggling...but who else could we play? Like I said...Ayling would be playing if fit...plus it was a far more solid team performance...and we won.

I thought Bryan was off the pace too...but he's clearly not 100% either...strapped up knee and inner thigh.

The manager can only pick what he has available to him...and today, I think he got it spot on.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

From what I saw, he looked like you say...but I really don't think he needs a thread about how poor he was.

He had an off game...he's struggling...but who else could we play? Like I said...Ayling would be playing if fit...plus it was a far more solid team performance...and we won.

I thought Bryan was off the pace too...but he's clearly not 100% either...strapped up knee and inner thigh.

The manager can only pick what he has available to him...and today, I think he got it spot on.

I never started the thread, merely adding my opinion.

I agree about Bryan, I suspect he was rushed back to enable Tomlin to play central, which is great because Freeman actually looked like Freeman today, but Bryan's best work was defensively IMO.

I never mentioned the manager but he didn't get anything wrong his substitutions were spot on.

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I never started the thread, merely adding my opinion.

I agree about Bryan, I suspect he was rushed back to enable Tomlin to play central, which is great because Freeman actually looked like Freeman today, but Bryan's best work was defensively IMO.

I never mentioned the manager but he didn't get anything wrong his substitutions were spot on.

Never said you did mate...just stating a fact.

I know you never mentioned the manager...just putting in an opinion and adding to a flowing conversation like you do when talking naturally..

1 hour ago, samo II said:

Don't agree at all; his aggression and availability for Freeman meant their right hand side was nullified for much of the game.

Yes; didn't cover himself in glory for their goal, but the whole move saw multiple errors from multiple players, so not leaving that at his door.

Happy for him to continue there in Ayling's absence.

Agreed. And lets not forget he's clearly not match as well. Littles stats; P 7 L 1 Pts 12

We won. We are on a run. Not sure yet if Pitman was offside yet, but if he was then you can hardly blame Little for the decision.

The bloke is playing in a team that has just won two on the bounce and has hit some form....!!I suppose at least Pack and Freeman are getting a rest!

Take the win and move on to Dons. Little has the shirt and there is not much chance of that changing anytime soon!!

27 minutes ago, Youngish said:

He got zero protection from Freeman today. 

Worth pointing out - Freeman had a really good game today, but he was leaving Little with a lot more work to do behind him (as opposed to Bryan/Golbourne)  it was a worthwhile trade off though. We looked a lot more fluid today, was nice to see a good attacking display with a pretty solid defence, and later stages bringing Wilbs and Agard on to keep pressuring their back 4 so they could not push up as they were looking for the equalizer was solid (and playing down the clock.... solid).

Archived