IGNORED

Kodger - lightweight or what?

Robbored

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Poor ol Johnathon was taking some fearful stick from those around me today and I have to say I couldn't argue with em.

"Weak" and "beef up "were amongst less savoury remarks.

Fact is he was and he does.

Wasn't great today but he's not weak as such for his frame. He's pretty slender for his height but holds the ball up fairly well usually.

Also, could you spell his name right? He's been here a while now. Better than how you have been spelling it but still not correct. As an aside, why do so many people call Tomlin "Tomlinson"? It's just incorrect

Very poor lately, and I put that down to the change in formation; I personally don't think he's worth persevering with as a lone man. Possibly we'd be better off giving Wilbs the starting nod and bringing on Kodj and Agard if we're to make that move. 

He was bring beaten up by Berra,  their thug of a number 6. Anyone see the off-the-ball punch in the nuts he gave him?

He needed a bit more protection from the ref. The time that he was sandwiched between one man backing in and another holding him in an arm lock was typical. All just a few feet away from the ref. 

I agree that he looks tired though. Agard probably offers a better option at present.

Difficult one. How much do you persevere with an out of form striker, his positioning (offsides) seems to have got worse, not better. No doubt he is being heavily marked though after gaining such a lot of attention after an excellent start to the season. He used to be exciting and raw, now he just looks fairly average which is such a shame. No doubt he really has been thrown in at the deep end, he has much to learn. With us chasing big name strikers in the Summer Kodjia wasn't ever meant to be out main hope, was he.

Now when he gets the ball I'm already deciding in my head that he probably isn't going to score, trouble is that's how he is likely to be thinking too.

He needs a goal,or 5, to get him sparking again. Maybe LJ will know how to get the best out of him. Hope so as he has a lot to offer if played right. He looks so isolated at times.

When Codger did a Player interview - with a translator - one of the questions he was asked was the difference between the Champioship and the French League he was playing in. The first thing he said was the physicality. That was a few weeks ago.

Looks to me as if he's still not acclimatised to Champioship yet and he really does need to beef up. If he had Agards physic then he'd hold his own far more effectively.

38 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wasn't great today but he's not weak as such for his frame. He's pretty slender for his height but holds the ball up fairly well usually.

Also, could you spell his name right? He's been here a while now. Better than how you have been spelling it but still not correct. As an aside, why do so many people call Tomlin "Tomlinson"? It's just incorrect

To be fair, I always struggle with spelling Jonothan

I believe we've now only scored 2 goals from open play in our past 15 games.

It's worrying, not every week we'll be as lucky as today scoring 2 from set pieces. Somethings not working with the midfield & strikers. Perhaps it is time to drop Kodjia. Something needs to change.

Kodjia is the same amount of letters. It is a strange one people doing that as if it's some awkward name to spell. 

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Really?

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

When Codger did a Player interview - with a translator - one of the questions he was asked was the difference between the Champioship and the French League he was playing in. The first thing he said was the physicality. That was a few weeks ago.

Looks to me as if he's still not acclimatised to Champioship yet and he really does need to beef up. If he had Agards physic then he'd hold his own far more effectively.

Who is this Agard? It's Ayguard FFS

He isn't a loan striker and is doing his part for the team. Early season he was scoring goals but we we're conceding more and losing games.

As a team we have turned things around but a cost to this is Kodjia's form. Personally I would rather he kept played me hoe he is and is winning games than Kodjia getting the headlines while the team is getting beat.

I'm going to be interested to see how LJ uses him in future games and who he brings in to partner or compliment him.

I personally don't think we've seen the best of him yet.

He seems best when running at players and with a ball to run on to.

Likes to play off the shoulder of the last defender and turn him and look for a ball into space and along the ground.

I'd like to see Freeman make a quicker ball...instead of taking so many touch's and allowing defenders to regroup.

Wilbs was slaughtered on here a while back until benched Kod urgently needs the bench as hes adding nothing to the team ATM;

but with Wilbs and Tomlin not able to last a full game, who else can replace him.....apart from that guy who we haven't signed yet and LJ dosent even realise we need yet.

More threat up front required.

5 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Wilbs was slaughtered on here a while back until benched Kod urgently needs the bench as hes adding nothing to the team ATM;

but with Wilbs and Tomlin not able to last a full game, who else can replace him.....apart from that guy who we haven't signed yet and LJ dosent even realise we need yet.

More threat up front required.

Of course he knows we need that old fella ;-) He's just evaluating who would compliment him best.

have a feeling he will start to feature less under LJ, think agard will be given more of a chance in his place. i hope so atleast as in my opinion Kodj really doesnt offer much. hes struggles to time his runs which results in him being offside alot and his finishing isnt good enough.

Archived