IGNORED

Early leavers

BigAl&Toby

Didn't meet the Rail Songsters today so had a much more enjoyable time 

Excellent performance too and great to have 3 more points in the bag. Looking forward to MK Dons next week - but I'll give the train a miss.

My "was it you" question this week though was was you one of those who left before the end?

2-1 up, LJs first game in charge, 5 minutes added time, and people are starting to leave. 

Miss the traffic. Catch a bus. Hike to get on the single carriage at Parson Street?

I'm intrigued. Genuinely.

Always leave around 87 minutes, it saves loads of time getting away from the stadium by car. Yes I do miss the odd late goal etc etc, but I accept that.

Before Bristol became the yellow paint capital of England I used to stay to the end, these days it's such a pain in the arse parking.

19 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Excellent performance too and great to have 3 more points in the bag. Looking forward to MK Dons next week - but I'll give the train a miss.

My "was it you" question this week though was was you one of those who left before the end?

2-1 up, LJs first game in charge, 5 minutes added time, and people are starting to leave. 

Miss the traffic. Catch a bus. Hike to get on the single carriage at Parson Street?

Had to walk down the steps and wait at the exit - one friend had work in Taunton at 6.

27 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

He is t he reason why you can't get chips #DMS

You can if you walk into one if Bristols many take-aways - just ask for a ' Cod Lot ' and you'll get a nice bit of battered fish to go with 'em.. bit of salt 'n vinegar on and yum get stuck in, use your fingers to eat and get 'em nicely greased up ready for the night ahead! .. :)

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Didn't leave early today but have done before when I need to.

Simple fact is if you leave the Dolman upper blocks on 90 minutes as opposed to waiting until the whistle you will save yourself up to half an hour queueing and sitting in traffic on the way home.

Sometimes it's worth hanging around, sometimes it isn't, sometimes life is more important that clapping a bit and calling yourself a superfan.

I just don't get the traffic excuse. Never leave early, not because I consider myself a "super fan", but because I've never seen the need. Always back in Chippenham within the hour and never find the traffic more than a mild irritation. No gridlock that I'm aware of.

Anyway my life's not that interesting that I'm in such a hurry to get back to it. Especially when I've spent around £30 to be at the game in the first place.

Just don't get the mentality.

Depends on the state of the game, if we are winning comfortably then will go a few minutes before end, if losing by a couple then same applies although Leeds caught me out. If it's close and we are holding on or looking likely to punch something then I will stay to the end. Yesterday stayed to the end and sat in traffic for 5 - 10 min so wasn't too bad

I've never left a match early in my life, but that's my choice and I appreciate others have their own reasons for doing it.

What has always annoyed me though are the people that want to leave early but try to see as much of the game as they can before they leave whilst walking at a snails pace blocking the view of people who are planning on staying til the end.

If you decide to leave early, then please don't dawdle :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

You can if you walk into one if Bristols many take-aways - just ask for a ' Cod Lot ' and you'll get a nice bit of battered fish to go with 'em.. bit of salt 'n vinegar on and yum get stuck in, use your fingers to eat and get 'em nicely greased up ready for the night ahead! .. :)

Before you go to the Pineapple..? 

12 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I just don't get the traffic excuse. Never leave early, not because I consider myself a "super fan", but because I've never seen the need. Always back in Chippenham within the hour and never find the traffic more than a mild irritation. No gridlock that I'm aware of.

Anyway my life's not that interesting that I'm in such a hurry to get back to it. Especially when I've spent around £30 to be at the game in the first place.

Just don't get the mentality.

I have exactly the same opinion. I generally stay until the end and clap the players/manager off. It then takes me about 5 minutes to get to Ashton Road, a further 5-10 minutes to walk to the car. I've only once been caught in major traffic/congestion in the hundreds of times visiting the Gate and that was when I stupidly went down Coronation Road when there was road works. Google Maps says the quickest I should get back to my home in Herts is 2.5 hours - over the last couple of seasons the earliest I have made it back is 7.30, and latest 8.30 (and that was due to the M4 being shut!). 

Edit - Of course the reason I make it away so easily is because so many people have left early. 

Archived