IGNORED

Wibs, is it time to hang up your boots?

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Agree with the sentiment, but then again he was a key part in a double winning season and our first title in longer than (I don't recall the years). He's borderline with the rest of the squad; for now until/when we achieve lots more :) 

Fair comment. I would say collectively the squad will go down as legendary, but strangely I don't think any one individual will.

6 minutes ago, cityboy said:

Good grief, that report is just terribly written. I couldn't get through it, despite usually liking to see an opposition point of view.

Thought you may have been exaggerating, got half way through before I realised I hadn't understood a word. I think he was trying to be a bit Stuart Hall !

Ipswich were looking for the equalizer, they brought more forwards on and were getting a couple of chances, so LJ countered by bringing on fresh attacking legs,  Wilbs and Agard telling them to pressure the back four, run the channels, peg their team deeper making things hard for them - then the final minutes they also wound down the clock brilliantly...

One thing I really liked, when we were at 2-1 LJ did not pull off attacking players and stiffen our midfield/defence - we kept playing and looking for more goals, in fact the way things were going I would have said 3-1 looked more likely then 2-2. I really hope this is LJ's intent, because I like it.

He was fantastic today along with Agard when they came on it turned the game back in our favour. Yes it was at a lower level but it's been a bit of a shame Wilbs and Agard haven't played together too much this season, considering they were so effective last season.

I don't think the ball "stuck" up their end as much after Wilbs came on. I didn't notice Tomlin easing up particularly at that stage, but it was clearly a pre-arranged switch after an hour and I can't criticise Lee for his thinking.  Wilbs did a job yesterday. I think he's in his last season though.  At this level at least.

8 hours ago, cityboy said:

Good grief, that report is just terribly written. I couldn't get through it, despite usually liking to see an opposition point of view.  Ipswich Match Report - Fans Forum

Quite bizarre! It reads as if it was written in Albanian and then put through a poor quality Albanian to English software translator.  Either that or it was on those experiments where a chimpanzee is given a keyboard and types random letters.  Eventually, given an infinite amount of time, it will type the complete works of Shakespeare and other things including a Bristol City v Ipswich match report.   This was one of those efforts that just about managed to suggest it might be a Bristol City V Ipswich match report but the reality was chimp style random gibberish.

8 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I don't think the ball "stuck" up their end as much after Wilbs came on. I didn't notice Tomlin easing up particularly at that stage, but it was clearly a pre-arranged switch after an hour and I can't criticise Lee for his thinking.  Wilbs did a job yesterday. I think he's in his last season though.  At this level at least.

Agree, I thought the double substitution yesterday was a masterstroke, the dynamic suddenly changed and their defenders who had already had put a shift in had to re group and had a different problem to deal with.

5 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Doesn't Wilbs have the same clause in his contract as last year? Once he reached a certain number of appearances it triggers another year?

Nothing against the fella at all, just asking.

I believe he does but whether he opts to take it up is another matter. It depends on how much he still enjoys it I guess.

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I believe he does but whether he opts to take it up is another matter. It depends on how much he still enjoys it I guess.

It's all £££ in the bank for him though. I wonder if he didn't want to invoke it, weather he and the club would come to a deal financially? 

As his family is up in Manc land (I think), that would not surprise me TBH.

He is still very fit and lean....not fit enough to charge around for 90 minutes week in week out at this level, so I suspect he'd like to play regularly.  If we stay up, you'd think his opportunities would become more limited.  Top bloke, great pro...like Wade, would like to see him stay around, but think he will still want to play.  Would still be a handful fir a full season in League One....that's not me trying to disrespect him.  He's still got 6 goals this season, probably at least 5 more than a lot of people would've guessed.

8 minutes ago, ciderup said:

It's all £££ in the bank for him though. I wonder if he didn't want to invoke it, weather he and the club would come to a deal financially? 

As his family is up in Manc land (I think), that would not surprise me TBH.

He does strike me as the type that would want to bow out when it suited him rather than when he can`t do it any more. Anyone know if he`s doing his badges?

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He is still very fit and lean....not fit enough to charge around for 90 minutes week in week out at this level, so I suspect he'd like to play regularly.  If we stay up, you'd think his opportunities would become more limited.  Top bloke, great pro...like Wade, would like to see him stay around, but think he will still want to play.  Would still be a handful fir a full season in League One....that's not me trying to disrespect him.  He's still got 6 goals this season, probably at least 5 more than a lot of people would've guessed.

As he's based in the north west, I could see him taking a partial payment from us and carrying on for another year or 2 in that area at a lower level. Loads of L1 and L2 clubs in that immediate area that would like to sign him I should think.

Good luck to the bloke if that was the scenario. While Wade is based in the Bristol area AFAIK, with Wilbs family oop North, I can't see him hanging around here for a non playing role.

37 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He does strike me as the type that would want to bow out when it suited him rather than when he can`t do it any more. Anyone know if he`s doing his badges?

He is. He already has a 'Northern Soul, Keep the Faith' badge and he is saving up for the 'Daryl Clarke interferes with animals' badge.

11 hours ago, Chappers said:

Truly awesome post by a towering giant of the Forum. Yes, you are right, maybe "Much respected" is more apt.

Yep. The Much Respect Wilbraham South Stand! Like that! 

Agard and Wilbo when called on really put them in a bind. A truly great shift. 

Starting and playing the living nuts off of Wilbo was a SC issue. We won't see that again. But for 30 to win a game we will plenty for the next few months. I Hope!

11 hours ago, Collis1 said:

I watched the game on TV and can see where the OP is coming from. He looked a bit slow and rusty compared to the other players. Still a useful player though.

Wilbs did excellent when he came on as did Agard , they stretched Ipswich again just when things were getting tense, maybe didn't come over on the box , but definetly so.

15 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Didn't think he contributed anything to the game today.

You mean he didn't tell the Ipswich players that the local news might be worth watching or that there was a 9.2% decrease in coffee sales on the 16:19 service from Weston Super Mare to Chippenham on a Wednesday in January?

WILBS OUT! WILBS OUT!

Archived