IGNORED

U21's now winning as well....

spudski

3 hours ago, spudski said:

...some good results recently...and a cracking 5-4 win over QPR today.

All of a sudden the Club is getting results...across the board...wonder why? ;-)

So the U21s didn't win at all before then?

Those 3 wins in September must have been imaginary, still, that wouldn't fit an agenda, would it?

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So the U21s didn't win at all before then?

Those 3 wins in September must have been imaginary, still, that wouldn't fit an agenda, would it?

What 'Agenda'?

22 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Give over Spud fella, you bitter little man.

Huh? kinnel...no sense of humour...all tongue in cheek fella... :-)

Are the U21's continuing with the 532/352 system or are they changing to the 'playing 2 up top where possible' idea LJ is bringing to the first team? Remember something under Cotts that the U21's would mimic the 1st XI so they could be used to the system if needed to step up.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Are the U21's continuing with the 532/352 system or are they changing to the 'playing 2 up top where possible' idea LJ is bringing to the first team? Remember something under Cotts that the U21's would mimic the 1st XI so they could be used to the system if needed to step up.

They changed pretty much as soon as SC left...just like the first team.

Playing much better and more fluid, more confident in their own ability ( not being told they are crap anymore)...and happy.

Think we may get some come through to the first team from this lot...fingers crossed.

Hated seeing talent being downtrodden before. Think Wade is doing a great job...they really respect him.

26 minutes ago, hodge said:

I think the mimicking the first team idea is a club thing more than a Cotts thing. Got a feeling Sod said something about it

34 minutes ago, City169 said:

I think the mimicking the first team idea is a club thing more than a Cotts thing. Got a feeling Sod said something about it

Clearly makes sense though. Have young players play the system of the first team and get used to it, then when it's time bump them up to the first team from U-21's in a position where they are familiar with and watch them sink or float (hopefully float)

1 hour ago, spudski said:

haha...funny coming from a bloke with 18,000 odd posts and only 3000 likes...you ought to get yer facts right fella before posting crap like that...AGAIN...no sense of humour some people :P

But he does have a point. There's only so many times you can start an anti Cotts thread and not expect feedback. I know you'll protest that it wasn't, but we can all see otherwise. Cotts is gone and you're pleased, we get it. Just try to be dignified now.

By the way, is my posts to likes ratio a little better for you?

11 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

But he does have a point. There's only so many times you can start an anti Cotts thread and not expect feedback. I know you'll protest that it wasn't, but we can all see otherwise. Cotts is gone and you're pleased, we get it. Just try to be dignified now.

By the way, is my posts to likes ratio a little better for you?

I should just like to point out that the ratio has little bearing on the older and higher posters because the 'likes' option only came in more recently. In short my ratio will never catch yours. ;):crying:

It's bloody awesome Fordy...at least you're not a troll looking for an argument every five minutes. :thumbsup:

Seems you can't have a laugh about ol SC yet it was ok to slag SoD off...had heaps of shit over that...but when the tables turn, certain people can't take it...they'll give it out, even change their minds...yet criticise others...hypocrites fella...rule for one...but not another...not aimed at you fella...

And the 'likes' comment was tongue in cheek...but many seem to have lost a sense of humour lately...JD and MI excluded

4 hours ago, spudski said:

It's bloody awesome Fordy...at least you're not a troll looking for an argument every five minutes. :thumbsup:

Seems you can't have a laugh about ol SC yet it was ok to slag SoD off...had heaps of shit over that...but when the tables turn, certain people can't take it...they'll give it out, even change their minds...yet criticise others...hypocrites fella...rule for one...but not another...not aimed at you fella...

And the 'likes' comment was tongue in cheek...but many seem to have lost a sense of humour lately...JD and MI excluded

But there is a difference isn't there. 

One of the two you mention above was one of the worst periods we've ever had to suffer. The other gave us undoubtedly the best season I've ever known in my 27 years a City supporter. So those who seem to have lost their sense of humour perhaps maybe think that enough is enough and we should show a little gratitude. 

As for @Major Isewaterand @Jack Dawe, I'm afraid I'm unwilling to discuss posters who have higher likes to posts ratios than me. They're just like farming whores. I however, am just genuinely popular. 

I think LJ told 20man that he was going to think about loaning out Vyner and maybe Morrell for the rest of this or next season.  I've heard good things about both those kids.  I believe Vyner's a right back and Morrell a centre mid (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd be excited about bringing a right back through as it's a position we are currently ok in but I think will need some strengthening in a season or two.

• Admin
6 hours ago, spudski said:

You see how the forum masses associate @Robbored & Gary Johnson? You & Cotts are viewed in a similar vein. Telling "jokes" at his expense is a little like performing a jig upon his grave, you'll never be allowed to get away with it. 

PS I know no one likes me, please don't point it out! :sad26:

Tell 'ee what lads. Let's just be happy that the U21's are picking up a few results whether it has anything whatsoever to do with the departure of Cotts or not. We've seen from other clubs we seek to emulate (Saints, Swansea...) that the only way to build a stronger future is by nurturing talent you unearth.

This thread reminds me of that scene from Monty Python & the Holy Grail: "This is a happy occasion.  Let's not get bogged down in arguments about 'oo killed 'oo....."

Archived