IGNORED

1989-90 Team List

Thommo

Hello all,

I was wondering if I could get some historical help on a Bristol City line up. I have watched the Bristol City 3 v Chelsea 1 FA Cup match from 1990 and I'm trying to confirm the City line up. Would be great if some could fill in the blanks for me. Here's what I have so far:

1. ? ?

2. ?  Llewllyn

3. ?  Bailey

4. Gary Shelton

5. ?  ?

6. ? ?

7. ? ?

8. ? ?

9. Bob Taylor

10. ?  Smith

11. Robbie Turner

12. ? ?

15. ? ?

Fingers crossed someone can help out.

1 hour ago, Thommo said:

Hello all,

I was wondering if I could get some historical help on a Bristol City line up. I have watched the Bristol City 3 v Chelsea 1 FA Cup match from 1990 and I'm trying to confirm the City line up. Would be great if some could fill in the blanks for me. Here's what I have so far:

1. ? ?

2. ?  Llewllyn

3. ?  Bailey

4. Gary Shelton

5. ?  ?

6. ? ?

7. ? ?

8. ? ?

9. Bob Taylor

10. ?  Smith

11. Robbie Turner

12. ? ?

15. ? ?

Watch the game against Swindon in the previous round as well, happy days!

Sinclair

Llewellyn** Humphries** Newman** Bailey

Gavin** Shelton** Rennie **Smith

Taylor **Turner

Subs: Miller , Mellon

Good team that, followed them everywhere but can't drink like that any more :yawn:

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Sinclair

Llewellyn** Humphries** Newman** Bailey

Gavin** Shelton** Rennie **Smith

Taylor **Turner

Subs: Miller , Mellon

Good team that, followed them everywhere but can't drink like that any more :yawn:

They were the dog's b******s. Just about my favourite City team of all time. When Nicky Morgan was added to the line-up later that season they were even better. A joy to watch.

2 hours ago, Thommo said:

Hello all,

1. Andy Leaning

2. Andy  Llewllyn

3. John Bailey

4. Gary Shelton

5. Rob Newman

6. David Rennie

7. Mark Gavin

8. Andy May

9. Bob Taylor

10. Dave Smith

11. Robbie Turner

12. ? ?

15. ? ?

36 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I'm just trying to remember the Chelsea team now. Was it Vialli and Zola up front, Dessaily and Le Buff at the back, and Johnny Bumstead in midfield? What a team, couldn't live with us mind....

I have no idea who may or may not be in the Chelsea team that day without looking it up, but I can tell you it wasn't them. About 7-8 years ahead of yourself there guv :ph34r:

John Bumstead (no relation to the Bum-less Jon Stead), top drawer. Knew it was the Bummer.

Dave, Steve, Ken, Graham, Tone, John, Kev and, er, Kerry, those were the days. Now it's all Diego this, Cesc (what sort of a name is that ffs) that, Pedro, Edin, Jose...ffs....

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

err..dave rennie? also youre about 6 years out with dykstra

bit like portishead

I realise Rennie played in midfield for us, just saying that on that website the only player listed under midfielder  was GS.

Oh and Portishead is the future I'll have you know, it's your view of it that is 6 years out of date :).

I have fond memories of that team - very entertaining to watch with two exciting wingers in Gavin and Smith and Super Bob up front. I was behind the goal in the EE for the Chelsea game and from what I remember it was a fantastic atmosphere (and mayhem between those two central EE pillars when we scored). Also I remember that in the game against Swindle in the previous round, they hit the bar with a free kick near the end and some of their fans in the open end celebrated because they thought it had gone in. It was amusing to see the truth slowly dawn on them. Getting thumped by Cambridge in the next round wasn't as fun.

A golden era for my when I was a youth. Followed home and away in them days. A horrible day if my memory serves me and they bought six thousand and had the whole of the open end, I watched in the Enclosure and was scared to death by the Chelsea . Two proper wingers for us, Smith quick as u like and the trickery of Gavin. I remember us beating Swansea at the vetch on a Tuesday night four nil. Great side that. Agh the memories. 

This was my first season and was probably one of the best short of Rovers winning the league!  Will always remember the last game of the season (against Wallsall I think) we won 4-0 but there was a pitch invasion before the end, they managed to clear the fans back who then lined the pitch all the way round.  Junior Bent came on as a sub and was running down the wing with fans in touching distance, great days!

Archived