IGNORED

Newcastle next season?

reddogkev

I reckon they are dead and buried.

Fat Sam will have the nous to keep Sunderland up, and Steve McLaren, is frankly, crap.

One of many incredible 28k Ashton Gate sell-outs to look forward to.

(You'll note I'm still confident of staying up this season!)

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

I think the 3 teams currently sitting in the relegation places will be coming down, Villa are gone, Newcastle and Norwich don't seem capable of winning at the moment.

Just hope that Villa look to rebuild their squad and sell us Baker.

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Villa are either going to smash the Championship next year or plummet down into League 1. Both Villa and Newcastle seem rotten to the core as clubs at the moment, but Newcastle for me have a strong XI that shouldn't be anywhere near the relegation zone IMO. 

Agree totally about Newcastle, they should be top 12 without a doubt.  Haven't they been bottom 3 all season though?  Can't believe Mac wasn't sacked months ago.

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Agree totally about Newcastle, they should be top 12 without a doubt.  Haven't they been bottom 3 all season though?  Can't believe Mac wasn't sacked months ago.

Can't remember who said it this weekend, but they were saying that McClaren is a coach, not a manager. 

He's really lost his way there, but it doesn't sound like he's getting much support from the club, and he also has little say in transfers either. 

I'd take McClaren here as a coach alongside Lee and Pemberton mind you!

15 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Can't remember who said it this weekend, but they were saying that McClaren is a coach, not a manager. 

He's really lost his way there, but it doesn't sound like he's getting much support from the club, and he also has little say in transfers either. 

I'd take McClaren here as a coach alongside Lee and Pemberton mind you!

I think that was Martin Keown on MOTD

I think I read somewhere that they didn't have relegation clauses in their contracts either. So the likes of Shelvey, Townsend, Cisse, Sissoko, Perez are going to be on big, big money for the championship. If they don't go straight back up within the first year, maybe the second, they are in big trouble.

Newcastle have apparently spent £81.6m on players this season (according to the ever reliable Wikipedia), yet look utterly dire.

All the more incentive for us to stay in this division; trips to and visits from the likes of Villa and Newcastle (and possibly Sunderland, though I think they'll stay up).

Both clubs have problems far, far deeper than just the results on the pitch, and I'd be very interested how the Villa chairman thinks he'll be getting the sale he wants with them loitering in the Championship (and I've no doubt Garde will be gone as soon as their relegation is confirmed).

Norwich or Sunderland worry me; both are making a fight of it, but just lack that bit of quality that is needed at the top table, and think that if either came down, they'd likely keep their managers, and their teams would be well equipped to go straight back up, much like Hull and Burnley this year. 

52 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Villa and Newcastle will be sell outs and I will definitely be 1 of many thousands going away. 

Newcastle away last time around was as one-sided a 0-0 as I ever recall watching.  Remember to take spare oxygen for the ascent to the away end.

Not as bothered re going back there as getting to Villa Park.

Can see Villa coming down and staying down for a while, they make Newcastle look pretty normal right now

Villa away on opening day next season, sun shining, thousands of City going up there.....we'll get Burton at home though, I suspect!

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Can see Villa coming down and staying down for a while, they make Newcastle look pretty normal right now

Villa away on opening day next season, sun shining, thousands of City going up there.....we'll get Burton at home though, I suspect!

If it means we are still in the championship I'd take Burton at home!

1 hour ago, Southstandoriginal said:

That would be nice but Villa will be watching his form here with interest and will know that he can do a job for them in the champ.

I said on another thread. Villa will hope to off load players , but if they don't have relegation clauses who would take them? Not many covered themselves in glory in the Prem, and who would want to pay massive wages for the players performing as they have done ?

I'm hoping they get stuck with lots of high earners and we get Baker as a cast off :fingerscrossed:

Archived