IGNORED

Newcastle next season?

reddogkev

McLaren was the only candidate for Newcastle; his position on the board too should mean that if he is "sacked" he will only go upstairs. 

His position at the moment is tricky but not quite yet out of the job.

As for others being approached I wouldn't believe everything read in the papers...they're wide of the mark.

Also If the Geordies think that MA is going to put his hand in his pocket in the summer and buy their way back into the PL.. think on he's lost £1.5 billion since September and the squad he's bought is the one that'll be playing us next season. 

For what it's worth I think they will go down, and it wouldn't be a surprise for the people at the club too. 

For us it's a good away day / weekend.

2 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Haven't Newcastle spent something stupid like 70m in the past year?

Around £81-82m, with a good £30 mill of that in January.

Highly doubt the likes of Shalvey and Townsend have relegation clauses in their contracts too; the latter having made nearly zero impact, mainly down to his persistent injuries, with one report I read saying he might not be fit until summer.

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I reckon they are dead and buried.

Fat Sam will have the nous to keep Sunderland up, and Steve McLaren, is frankly, crap.

One of many incredible 28k Ashton Gate sell-outs to look forward to.

(You'll note I'm still confident of staying up this season!)

I doubt you'll be seeing the likes of Newcastle at Ashton Gate, it'll be more like Burton for you lot.  At least you'll win a few more next season though.  

9 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

Yeah, it's funny that most of you are practically wanking over the thought of Newcastle and Villa etc coming to AG when you're far from safe, talk about running before you can walk.  

No me mate. I`d have a season ticket whether it was the prem or the conference unlike most of your glory hunters.

10 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

Yeah, it's funny that most of you are practically wanking over the thought of Newcastle and Villa etc coming to AG when you're far from safe, talk about running before you can walk.  

3 or 4 wins and were safe. Out of 11 games I'd say we got a pretty good chance especially considering our recent form.

36 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

I doubt you'll be seeing the likes of Newcastle at Ashton Gate, it'll be more like Burton for you lot.  At least you'll win a few more next season though.  

Your Mum says your tea is ready. 

2 minutes ago, Just Red said:

3 or 4 wins and were safe. Out of 11 games I'd say we got a pretty good chance especially considering our recent form.

If you lose to a truly dreadful Wolves side tomorrow it could start off panic stations, especially if results go against you.  

23 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

Seriously is 76 your IQ? You're trolling a city forum? Are you that desperate for human interaction?

4 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Villa and Newcastle will be sell outs and I will definitely be 1 of many thousands going away. 

Genuine question, the last time we played Newcastle at home the crowd was just over 19k. Are you really that confident that we'll get another 8k attracted to that game next season?

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Genuine question, the last time we played Newcastle at home the crowd was just over 19k. Are you really that confident that we'll get another 8k attracted to that game next season?

Was that not the football-segregation-reduced capacity at that point?  I recall the ground held 21k for rugby, 19k and change for football.

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I am far from convinced we would sell out games against Villa and Newcastle. It's by no means certain. When we played West Ham in the cup last year, capacity was only 13k but the game still made general sale. Whilst I appreciate the league is perhaps a bigger draw, it's a stretch to assume we would sell out 27k.

Will be interesting to see how much of a "new stadium bounce" we get.

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Better ground better facilities etc depends on how aggressive we are on season ticket sales. If we sell 20k as per sl's optimistic suggestion then 2k away fans and 5k members and general sales is easily doable. Not just for Newcastle either.

Or I'd suggest it'll be 23-25k for the big games. With up to 20-22 for normal games. All depends on how well we are doing. Although fans have proved loyal this season far more so than some of the clubs a lot higher up the league

39 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

Still ignoring the more difficult questions about the integrity of your club I see. I guess you just don't have the answers.

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes. If 40,000 will go to London to see us play Walsall for the JPT, then I'm sure that another 8k will watch us play Newcastle.

27 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

What's funnier is that after stringing a few decent results together you've forgotten you are still the plaything of a Malaysian bloke who cares so little about your club he changed your shirt colour (to glorious, glorious red) and your fans did naff all to stop him, just took it like the glory hunting chumps you are.  

Can't wait for his next bright idea; I hear he's also a fan of yellow - you okay with that?  Of course you are; it would just be your tradition being spat on, right?  Who cares!

Sure; we might still be fighting relegation after a crap season, but I'd rather that than be one of your fans - we've still got our dignity.

And next year, if we survive, we will see you again; us in our refurbished traditional home, and you in your soulless, half empty bowl of a stadium - any sell outs this season (and I'm not talking about flogging off your traditions and pride btw; I realise you've already done that)?

Once Tan gets bored (and he will) you'll be back to the debt-ridden mess you were before you sold your soul to him. 

Now, THAT will be funny.

11 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Yes. If 40,000 will go to London to see us play Walsall for the JPT, then I'm sure that another 8k will watch us play Newcastle.

It's not that simple Shtanley. That was a final at Wembley, a very rare occasion. It was just a big day out for many.

We've been selling out most games this season, but not every game. So we know our crowd is around 14-16k at the moment. Finding another 13-14k is a big ask. Newcastle are not a United or an Arsenal, especially not at the moment. As I mentioned earlier, our game v West Ham last year made general sale despite only 11.5k tickets being available for home fans. Likewise the West Brom game this year was slow to sell out despite only being a tenner. That suggests to me that a big-ish name alone is not enough to sell out 27k.

14 minutes ago, samo II said:

What's funnier is that after stringing a few decent results together you've forgotten you are still the plaything of a Malaysian bloke who cares so little about your club he changed your shirt colour (to glorious, glorious red) and your fans did naff all to stop him, just took it like the glory hunting chumps you are.  

Can't wait for his next bright idea; I hear he's also a fan of yellow - you okay with that?  Of course you are; it would just be your tradition being spat on, right?  Who cares!

Sure; we might still be fighting relegation after a crap season, but I'd rather that than be one of your fans - we've still got our dignity.

And next year, if we survive, we will see you again; us in our refurbished traditional home, and you in your soulless, half empty bowl of a stadium - any sell outs this season (and I'm not talking about flogging off your traditions and pride btw; I realise you've already done that)?

Once Tan gets bored (and he will) you'll be back to the debt-ridden mess you were before you sold your soul to him. 

Now, THAT will be funny.

Last time I checked we play in blue, thanks to fan power and the fantastic Mr Tan having a change of heart. At least he was man enough to admit he was wrong. 

You'll be in fantastic red playing in league one.  You'll always be in our shadow.  

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's not that simple Shtanley. That was a final at Wembley, a very rare occasion. It was just a big day out for many.

We've been selling out most games this season, but not every game. So we know our crowd is around 14-16k at the moment. Finding another 13-14k is a big ask. Newcastle are not a United or an Arsenal, especially not at the moment. As I mentioned earlier, our game v West Ham last year made general sale despite only 11.5k tickets being available for home fans. Likewise the West Brom game this year was slow to sell out despite only being a tenner. That suggests to me that a big-ish name alone is not enough to sell out 27k.

To be fair, the fact the West Ham game was on the telly could only have impacted sales.  Then again, unless I am mistaken, Palace away in the play-offs went to general sale too.

1 minute ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

To be fair, the fact the West Ham game was on the telly could only have impacted sales.  Then again, unless I am mistaken, Palace away in the play-offs went to general sale too.

No question TV would have had an impact, but I highly doubt there were another 15k who would otherwise have attended!

1 hour ago, Bluebird76 said:

you banned from your own forum then, our just not welcome by your own sheep, don't tell me sheep rape

7 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

Last time I checked we play in blue, thanks to fan power and the fantastic Mr Tan having a change of heart. At least he was man enough to admit he was wrong. 

You'll be in fantastic red playing in league one.  You'll always be in our shadow.  

Still ignoring the tough questions then.

Anyway, if we're so insignificant why are we averaging higher crowds despite competing at the opposite end of the table in a half-finished ground? And averaging twice as many away?

And why are you still here three days after our game with you?

54 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Think last time we played them 19000 was a sell out

Archived