IGNORED

Newcastle next season?

reddogkev

3 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Bluebird has played a blinder on this thread.  You lot are too easy. Just ignore him.

:robbored:  <--- Bluebird out fishing

Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting banning Trolls?

There would be virtually no posts.

Uncle TFR

P.S. Your momma is so fat ..........

On 3/7/2016 at 23:43, samo II said:

Newcastle have apparently spent £81.6m on players this season (according to the ever reliable Wikipedia), yet look utterly dire.

A truly shocking waste of money given where they sit in the table. That said why are we not surprised by it one jot given the supremely naive decision by the Big Fat Direct One to give the Umbrella Man the job in the first place? If they do go down which looks more likely than not now in my view it will probably top the decision to give Garde the job at Villa which was truly a bungle of epic proportions in itself.

On 3/7/2016 at 01:10, Charliesboots said:

McLaren was the only candidate for Newcastle; his position on the board too should mean that if he is "sacked" he will only go upstairs.

They gave The Umbrella Man a seat on the board as well? That elevates the decision making from supremely naive to incompetent foolhards.

20 hours ago, samo II said:

I'm presuming Vincent Tan is Jesus in this metaphor, bring those soulless zombies do exactly what he says?

Nobody in Malaysia would argue because nobody had heard of him when I did a straw poll over the weekend.

51 minutes ago, MigratedRobin said:

80M and relegated! Must be some sort of record. Personally I cannot wait to have a look around St. James park and Villa Park - both for the first time. :thumbsup:

Has to be surely.

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

A truly shocking waste of money given where they sit in the table. That said why are we not surprised by it one jot given the supremely naive decision by the Big Fat Direct One to give the Umbrella Man the job in the first place? If they do go down which looks more likely than not now in my view it will probably top the decision to give Garde the job at Villa which was truly a bungle of epic proportions in itself.

Indeed; both Garde and McClaren were odd appointments, no question, while their fellow relegation strugglers seem to have either done right by the person who got them up and backed them (Norwich), or gone for the pragmatic option by bringing in a known quantity for that sort of situation (Sunderland).

You get the impression that if either of the latter two mentioned get down, they'll be retooling under their current gaffers and will be undoubted favourites for promotion next time out.  Newcastle and Aston Villa; I've less of that sense.

Archived