IGNORED

T20 World Cup

Fordy62

11 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

You can bet the wanchors at The S*n will have a field day tomorrow - they`ll do their best to destroy what confidence he has left.

When do we play in anything next? Hopefully he`ll have got over it by the time we do - players like him and Joe are the future for us if we have any hope of being competitive in any form of the game.

County season starts this week. Time to get heads down and just play some 4 day stuff. I guess they all might have 2 weeks off first.

14 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

I know this is probably controversial right now, but Eoin Morgan is not good enough to be in the squad, let alone captain it. To replace him, I'd look no further than Stokes. He's a real leader, and it would probably help him move on from that diabolical over.

If anyone it'll be root with a view to naturally taking over from Cook in test game in due course.

morgans been very good captain in field, just shit out of form with the bat

11 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

I know this is probably controversial right now, but Eoin Morgan is not good enough to be in the squad, let alone captain it. To replace him, I'd look no further than Stokes. He's a real leader, and it would probably help him move on from that diabolical over.

Not at all controversial, for me that's been apparent for some time. As for Stokes being a natural leader that final over seemed to encapsulate the saying ''all brawn and no brain.'' If Stokes was bowling to his captain's instructions I take it all back. What on earth can that lengthy discussion with Morgan before the start of the over have been about? 'What's the best way to go about losing from here? 

18 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

i'd question whether it would effect Roots performance. Stokes is a natural leader.

So is Root by the sounds of things, in like his second season at Yorkshire apparently he was one of the top guys in terms of a guy to go to for things. Big presence for a young guy.

8 hours ago, marshy said:

Not at all controversial, for me that's been apparent for some time. As for Stokes being a natural leader that final over seemed to encapsulate the saying ''all brawn and no brain.'' If Stokes was bowling to his captain's instructions I take it all back. What on earth can that lengthy discussion with Morgan before the start of the over have been about? 'What's the best way to go about losing from here? 

Very harsh. Couple of bad balls yes but the batman still gotta hit them and 4 sixes on the trot was incredible hitting.

29 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

People would do well to remember Stokes is the youngest member of that side 

Which makes one wonder why he was given the last over. Was that Morgan's decision or the usual England committee huddle?

Hindsight is easy. Could argue Root could have bowled another and then Willey and Jordan would have closed out. 

Stokes bowled superbly against NZ at the death. I think the first six mentally did him.  99 out of 100 England win that game. 

Archived