IGNORED

T20 World Cup

Fordy62

That six by Stokes off the last ball probably telling. Really only at risk of losing thanks to the spinners. Hopefully NZ don't play it as well. Big step up in class ahead tho 

12 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Outstanding again from Kohli. Brilliant stuff.

Well done to Afghanistan too. Flying the flag for the Associate Nations.

Afghanistan really look a promising side.  Just shows we should be encouraging the associate nations not excluding them from tournaments. At least playing each other in tests would be a start 

1 hour ago, MichaelRobartes said:

That was a special innings considering the pressure he was under.

13 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Afghanistan really look a promising side.  Just shows we should be encouraging the associate nations not excluding them from tournaments. At least playing each other in tests would be a start 

It wasn't that long ago that AFG were in level four of World Cricket's pyramid. Then they were awarded promotion to level three along with the Channel Islands. It might show how far the Afghans have since come if they had a test series against the likes of Zimbabwe and/or Bangladesh.

On 3/26/2016 at 21:00, MichaelRobartes said:

Your personal/national allegiances aside, do you (and the greater public) not always want the 'smaller' nations to do well?

Afghanistan/West Indies or, personally, Bangladesh/India (How could they have cocked that one up - I was watching it live and willing them on!).

Rugby: Japan/South Africa - What a game. The England/Wales game was exciting, but bore no comparison to the tension and historic importance of the J/SA game.

Football: Numerous national/international matches over the years - I go back to (North) Korea/Italy in 1966 or even Byron Moreno in 2002.

We all (unless it's against our team) want the underdog to win. 

Why do the relevant authorities (I understand fully the financial pull of TV money) try to eliminate and make disappear the whole essence of sport?

:grr: Money.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Your personal/national allegiances aside, do you (and the greater public) not always want the 'smaller' nations to do well?

Afghanistan/West Indies or, personally, Bangladesh/India (How could they have cocked that one up - I was watching it live and willing them on!).

Rugby: Japan/South Africa - What a game. The England/Wales game was exciting, but bore no comparison to the tension and historic importance of the J/SA game.

Football: Numerous national/international matches over the years - I go back to (North) Korea/Italy in 1966 or even Byron Moreno in 2002.

We all (unless it's against our team) want the underdog to win. 

Why do the relevant authorities (I understand fully the financial pull of TV money) try to eliminate and make disappear the whole essence of sport?

:grr: Money.

I think that most people do, Phil. I remember saying after Japan's win over the Boks at the World Cup that it was one of the best sporting things I'd ever seen. That's what it's all about. Of course it pisses you right off when you're on the wrong side of the underdog story, but it's part of the reason we love sport.

I didn't have the pleasure of seeing Afghanistan's win over the West Indies, but I'm really pleased for them, and not just because of Ireland's status as an associate, though we've been somewhat disappointing of late. Yes it was a dead rubber and yes Gayle didn't play, but Afghanistan could well have KO'd England a few days before as well. That level of performance was no fluke.

It's a shame that we (the associates) have had to put up with the ridiculous qualifying structure put in place for the last two T20 World Cups and, as if that isn't enough, are now to be excluded altogether.

The whole thing stinks.

You'd say that's 30 short of where they should have been. It's purely how we go against there spinners.

Anyone got a stream? Bastards in work have nicked my skyGo login and I'm stuck in a hotel with no sky.. 

7 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

You'd say that's 30 short of where they should have been. It's purely how we go against there spinners.

Anyone got a stream? Bastards in work have nicked my skyGo login and I'm stuck in a hotel with no sky.. 

No bar to watch it in?

Archived