IGNORED

T20 World Cup

Fordy62

27 minutes ago, 22A said:

So the minnows play each other with only the top few being allowed to compete v the "Big Boys". Will we see that in football or rugby?

Meanwhile Scotland & Ireland are already out after two games.

Just a case of bundling up the qualification process with the final tournament.  They just happen to be split for football and rugby.  And as for filtering out the minnows, it already happens.  Here, the Cayman Islands were eliminated in March 2015 in the 1st round of CONCACAF World Cup 2018 qualifying (away goals defeat to the mighty Belize.)  The big boys (USA, Mexico etc) didn't get involved until the 4th round that started in November 2015.

49 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Oh dear oh dear. Arfff... all that T20 cricket doing India the world of good. Oh.

NZ had beaten them 4 times in a row and India were still favourites!

Did you see the first over? 6,w,0,6...

there are going to be some big scores this tournament. 

30 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Copied and pasted from BBC Sport:

England: Roy, Hales, Root, Morgan (capt), Stokes, Buttler (wk), Moeen, Rashid, Willey, Jordan, Topley.

West Indies: Charles, Gayle, Samuels, Bravo, Ramdin (wk), Russell (wk), Sammy (capt), Brathwaite, Badree, Taylor, Benn.

I like the Windies going in with two keepers - innovative or what?

8 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I like the Windies going in with two keepers - innovative or what?

There's talk of them playing with no wicket keeper when Jos Buttler bats. Apparently they're considering having him half way back to the boundary to eliminate the ramp shot. 

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

There's talk of them playing with no wicket keeper when Jos Buttler bats. Apparently they're considering having him half way back to the boundary to eliminate the ramp shot. 

Fa shizzle? Makes sense, if true, I guess

14 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Fa shizzle? Makes sense, if true, I guess

England kind of did it in the warm up game with Mumbai when Buttler was playing for them, Billings would stand on the markers with 1 glove already off.

35 minutes ago, hodge said:

England kind of did it in the warm up game with Mumbai when Buttler was playing for them, Billings would stand on the markers with 1 glove already off.

Didn't realise that. The more I think about it the more it makes sense

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

On the positive I have just purchased my ticket for Friday 17th June to watch Gayle dismantle Glos at the County Ground. Every cloud and that...

Should be a cracking night. However when he's not playing for Somerset he's just another player.. Perhaps the club should remember that practically came out in 100% of the Windies this afternoon

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Should be a cracking night. However when he's not playing for Somerset he's just another player.. Perhaps the club should remember that practically came out in 100% of the Windies this afternoon

I'm literally rescheduling my eurostar back from Lille (Wales game the day before) as we speak to get back in time for it!

Agree on the twitter thing though...

Archived