IGNORED

Season Tickets 16/17

G Block

37 minutes ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

Thank you for your reply BR. Those 400 (assuming everyone renews) won't be with the other 1000 in the atyeo though? What if I renew as 1 of the 1000 and my mates can't (or vice versa). It's all well and good catering for family sections, under 25s, etc but they've not considered the demographic group of keeping ALL atyeo/section82 singers together. Furthermore, wheres the incentive for a mate of mine to be 'recommended' as a new season ticket holder that can't even go in the same stand as me?

If all 1,400 of you agreed you could have moved elsewhere, but from what I took from the other thread on this subject, there was no where else you wanted to go.  I think the club has bent over to accommodate the group as far as possible, thus 400 of you are SOOL.

57 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

What's the policy with age brackets? I currently hold an U-22 ticket as a 21 year old, but will be turning 22 this summer. Can I still qualify for this, or will I have to bump up to the U-25 category? 

Not sure if it's 1st or 31st August or start of season.  Joe's birthday is in September so I know he's ok.

£400 for myself and 2 boys in the Atyeo is fair enough.

Asked them if they wanted to go in the family stand to which the 10 year old said "do we have to sit down?" And the 6 year said "only if there is singing and shouting"

Mission accomplished! 

6 minutes ago, Griffin said:

The prices are fair, however, they aren't cheap enough to fill the stadium.

Exactly. Unless the surveys told them they'd be selling more with a new stand. Look at most other championship clubs and we are in the same region. I get the revenue thing but go and out and get better sponsors. I think £350 would have been reasonable where I sit(Lower Central Dolman). I think it would've attracted a few more and even with a brand new stadium I don't see us selling more than we did last year by too much. I could be very wrong though. It was an easy sell last year. They will find it harder now. I'll still be there though. 

They obviously haven't noticed that the "family" section looks half empty even when the ground is supposedly sold out. I suppose if the seat is sold the club does not mind if it isn't occupied! Extending this section does nothing for atmosphere.

4 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

They obviously haven't noticed that the "family" section looks half empty even when the ground is supposedly sold out. I suppose if the seat is sold the club does not mind if it isn't occupied! Extending this section does nothing for atmosphere.

Agreed. Do what other clubs do and set up a stub hub account allows sc to sell their tickets to other BCFC fans, the sc doesn't lose out and neither does the club as they charge a small admin fee and get any additional match day revenue from programme and refreshment sales etc

I agree. Having 3 kids myself (2 with season tickets) I don't go to every game. 

However if your thinking about the future I can guarantee you 3 more die hard city fans for the next 60 years, and their kids and their kids....

16 minutes ago, Reddie The Eagle Edwards said:

Damn im in s24 so will have to move for the extended family section! In fairness i was warned when purchasing that it was possible we may have to relocate. 

Gutted williams upper tier is not available! 

Is S24 where the free tickets for childrens football teams are already?

So basically if you and ten of your mates sit there, you have to move so that the club can give tickets away for free?

13 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Is S24 where the free tickets for childrens football teams are already?

So basically if you and ten of your mates sit there, you have to move so that the club can give tickets away for free?

It seems that way.. I certainly wasn't warned that we might have to move and im more than a bit peed off at the thought of moving tbh.. Still will see how it plans out

If the away fans fail to bring a full allocation does that mean more tickets will be available for purchase in the for he fans in the atyeo for those games?

I know I'm only one fan and not a season ticket holder, but it's slightly disappointing that on the occasions that I do make it down to Bristol I can't stand with my mates.

I'm in the 'too expensive missed the chance to fill the ground' camp too. Great if you are under 25, but I would have liked the cost to be spread around a little more evenly too. When I first had my ST many years ago you were either a child or an adult, you just lumped the cost. Now it seems you can still get discounted prices 9 years after leaving school??? WTF

And yes, people are saying they are good prices, not great but good for most. Yes, for Championship maybe but they don't look too clever for League One do they, have people considered this. We aren't safe yet.

The free child ticket per adult in the family section and the £50 price in other areas is to be applauded if you have U12s who want to go to games.

However it may / will lead to lots of empty seats where adults have taken up the free / cheap offer but don't take the child to a game that often, I've seen this happening already this season.

£100  extra to sit in the new Williams as opposed to the Dolman in a similar seat is simply a rip off, not opening the upper Williams unless demand dictates (does that mean that ALL lower Williams tickets must be sold first?) confirms my suspicion that the new Williams is being looked on as a complete prawn sandwich area, such a shame for a superb stand that deserves to be filled every game.

Pleased for some fans, very disappointed on a personal level.

Might have missed it, but have they announced the price of the Forever Bristol Membership? 

One other question, do season ticket holders currently have the ability to buy a Matchday ticket for a mate in advance of release for general sale? Hope so. Otherwise a good reason to 'invent' a child to reserve a seat and get in early with an adult upgrade. 

2 hours ago, ojjy said:

I honestly think the prices are too expensive particularly the adult prices.

I appreciate they want to maximise revenue but like others had said it would have been good to see sensible pricing. Maybe £50 off current prices.  

If they were going to do this at all this is the season.  Try and get newbies to buy and keep the regulars happy by giving something back to the fans who have put up with alot of messing about during the rebuild.

Many would have bought tickets because of the build, I got one as I missed a few games last season due to sell outs. With so many seats available on match days they could find that ST sales actually fall and some people pick and choose games. I will get one, and I will still miss games due to work etc, but if the prices rise too much I will have to reconsider . Just would have been nice, for the first season with the ground open, to really go for as near a full ground as possible. 

31 minutes ago, swampy said:

The rugby has it about right in terms of prices:

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/take-advantage-of-season-card-savings-for-201617/

But still the upper tier isn't open!

Much more sensible pricing..  With sort of pricing for the football they could have had potentially 20k season tickets. 

Opportunity lost if you ask me.

Archived