IGNORED

Season Tickets 16/17

G Block

Bit disappointed they haven't been lowered at all in attempt to fill more seats. Ok matchday prices will end up being more expensive but it's unlikely there will be any sell outs, making having a season ticket somewhat pointless for those that can't attend every game.

Also seeing as the whole concourse is open to everyone, what's to stop people purchasing a cheaper ticket in the south stand then just going to sit in one of the many thousand empty seats in the new west one?

12 hours ago, ojjy said:

Much more sensible pricing..  With sort of pricing for the football they could have had potentially 20k season tickets. 

Opportunity lost if you ask me.

Obviously this is adjusted for the fact they only play 11 home games in the premiership which is where they are aiming to be....

If a true comparison is made the cheapest ticket in the Atyeo is £13 a game for rugby and £13 a game for football...

In the south stand the comparison is that the rugby fans will pay £18 a game whereas football fans will pay £15!

Good to see Bristol Sport shafting the 'favoured' rugby fans again!

50 minutes ago, NYTRAM said:

This is not the case. Having done this twice already, I can assure you that those without season tickets have to pay. The bonus is the flag bearing or pitch tour.

eh i have a season ticket and paid for a ticket over there when my lads team got those seats with the ground tour etc... i dont mind though, we had a great day, SL was in the dressing rooms on the tour and let all the kids have there picture taken with him, a genuine lovely bloke and a day we will both never forget.

6 minutes ago, tts_city said:

eh i have a season ticket and paid for a ticket over there when my lads team got those seats with the ground tour etc... i dont mind though, we had a great day, SL was in the dressing rooms on the tour and let all the kids have there picture taken with him, a genuine lovely bloke and a day we will both never forget.

You should have been able to move for the game. Many in our club did this. 

51 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

You must have missed our Chief Operating Officer who only this week described our fan base (not our customer base, thank you) as "truly spectacular." Some of us thought he had gone way over the top using such terms about our support, or even our potential support.

Our new loan signing, Peter Odemwingie, interviewed after Fulham, said he had been told we are a "sleeping giant."

Then there's the 40,000 that went to Wembley, yet again, for the lower league cup final that we've been to so many times now (we only need 24k of that 40k).

My guess is, Bristol Sport will say, there's our fan/customer base. It's already there. Whether they have pitched the prices correctly, to turn all these once-in-a-while fans into season ticket holders, we will see. Be great to see it, but seeing will be believing in this case.

As I understand it, the "suits" down Bristol Sport is all about "marketing" and all that. That is their expertise. That's what they "do." Getting this right is what they are there for. How can they fail with our "truly spectacular" fanbase chomping at the bit?

We could teach old 'Van Winkle' a thing or two about sleeping.....hilarious.

13 hours ago, swampy said:

The rugby has it about right in terms of prices:

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/take-advantage-of-season-card-savings-for-201617/

But still the upper tier isn't open!

The prices per game are roughly similar, if not better for City, so you could argue City have it just as right.

I know some people won't make all games; but short of scrapping STs, there's not much City can do. You get your seat guaranteed for every home game, for the price you pay.

13 hours ago, RedM said:

Much much better prices, odd really considering it was said to be very overpriced in comparison with the football this season. Also I guess these could be Premiership prices if they get promoted, that looks an absolute bargain.

Another thing, if our blue neighbours had built a lovely new state of the art stand (as if ha ha), and they decided not to open the top tier for more than a couple of matches a season, we would be ripping the **** out of them good and proper. It's embarrassing we aren't using the ground to its full potential.

I'm sure they will have their fun with this-cant blame them...embarrassing indeed.maybe listening to supporters would have helped the club make smarter choices.

45 minutes ago, tts_city said:

SL was in the dressing rooms on the tour and let all the kids have there picture taken with him, a genuine lovely bloke and a day we will both never forget.

What the hell happened in the dressing room to ensure a day you and SL will never forget??

Please tell me it wasn't one of those prison shower episodes?

To echo what loads of you have already said, I think the prices for the West Stand are far too expensive. By at least £50-£60. To be honest, they should have been the same price as the Dolman Centre. I currently sit in Lower Dolman and was going to move to the new stand, but I'm unsure now. £100 more for pretty much the same view. And there's already plenty of legroom in the Lower Dolman. Good prices for younger fans though, so well done City for that.

This Season Card Member Plus thing is (possibly) with a view to us getting promoted...yep, hard to believe at present.

One thing to consider, long term, if we ever make it to the Prem, getting away tickets will be extremely difficult for anyone not a season ticket holder. You get about 3,000 away tickets at most clubs in the Prem. I'd like to see them reintroduce the loyalty point system for away tickets bought, based on distance travelled, time and day of the fixture etc. Would reward fans who travel to many or most away games and means not missing out when you've got 12,000+ season ticket holders all scrambling to get 3,000 tickets. Anyway, for another day...

53 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

I'm sure they will have their fun with this-cant blame them...embarrassing indeed.maybe listening to supporters would have helped the club make smarter choices.

I'd really like to know the results of the marketing survey some of us had by email a few weeks ago. I can't believe so many people advised them to make the West Stand so much dearer and only open half of it! 

It's a shame that match day prices haven't been announced yet.

I need to work out do I renew my season ticket and hope I make as many games to get my money's worth (was very easy this season as was only 7 games) or do I just come back when I want to and get tickets just for those games. This is the problem with living in London. 

Just looked at Cardiff, Wolves, Forest and Brum season ticket prices for next season...ours are very comparable to all four. I think three of them have season tickets going for over £500. You've got to remember it's really only a small-ish number that are being sold at the premium price, most season tickets are much cheaper.

That said, I've been a big advocate of reducing prices this season in an attempt to try and fill the stadium because I do think the support is out there if the price is right. That's clearly not the immediate aim of Bristol Sport, for whatever reason.

Providing we stay up I still expect sales to go well and top last season's figure. There is a buzz about the club with the new stand opening. BS obviously feel they can shift the £529 season tickets and I wouldn't bet against them doing it. Bristol is a wealthy city and maybe they will tap into a new 'type' of fan...

If we could get near 15k season ticket holders at these prices that would be a very good achievement IMO. Assuming the top tier remained closed that would mean the 'lower bowl' (capacity circa 22k) would feel close to full most weeks.

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

You must have missed our Chief Operating Officer who only this week described our fan base (not our customer base, thank you) as "truly spectacular." Some of us thought he had gone way over the top using such terms about our support, or even our potential support.

Our new loan signing, Peter Odemwingie, interviewed after Fulham, said he had been told we are a "sleeping giant."

Then there's the 40,000 that went to Wembley, yet again, for the lower league cup final that we've been to so many times now (we only need 24k of that 40k).

My guess is, Bristol Sport will say, there's our fan/customer base. It's already there. Whether they have pitched the prices correctly, to turn all these once-in-a-while fans into season ticket holders, we will see. Be great to see it, but seeing will be believing in this case.

As I understand it, the "suits" down Bristol Sport is all about "marketing" and all that. That is their expertise. That's what they "do." Getting this right is what they are there for. How can they fail with our "truly spectacular" fanbase chomping at the bit?

It's what they do and yet they continually are doing it wrong.

If they were doing it for me they would have been bombed out a while ago now.

For what it's worth I offered some friendly advice at the beginning of the season and it fell on deaf ears.

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I'm a bit concerned about the 'SEASON CARD MEMBER PLUS' scheme, where you pay an extra £20 to get larger discounts but also LEVEL 1 priority for cup matches and away games. Does that mean someone else can purchase my seat for a cup match before I can?

It's only £20 extra for new season ticket holders. Those renewing get it as standard.

4 hours ago, WTMS said:

It would not be a home when a signif cant percentage either A/ Don't like the stand B/ Don't think it will work 100% C/ It would be the last stand they move to. Then there are the view - safety issues and mass upheaval.

People in the South stand now could alternatively look at how they make it their home.

There we have it. Simply there is people like you who don't want to be apart of the new stadium and are quite happy to remain in an older part of the ground.

Maybe you should give the SS a try before dismissing it? 

They extended the family section by 1 k and Simply told those who are in that section they have to move. Had the Atyeo group wanted to move the same would have happened.

Good luck getting a seat when we play Man United in the fa cup.

18 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

It's what they do and yet they continually are doing it wrong.

If they were doing it for me they would have been bombed out a while ago now.

For what it's worth I offered some friendly advice at the beginning of the season and it fell on deaf ears.

You don't know if it is wrong yet.

And it depends on the criteria you are judging it against. 

5 minutes ago, Just Red said:

There we have it. Simply there is people like you who don't want to be apart of the new stadium and are quite happy to remain in an older part of the ground.

Maybe you should give the SS a try before dismissing it? 

They extended the family section by 1 k and Simply told those who are in that section they have to move. Had the Atyeo group wanted to move the same would have happened.

Good luck getting a seat when we play Man United in the fa cup.

In a cup situation, the Atyeo STHs will obviously be given a seat elsewhere before general sale begins.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I'd really like to know the results of the marketing survey some of us had by email a few weeks ago. I can't believe so many people advised them to make the West Stand so much dearer and only open half of it! 

At a recent meeting Bristol Sport did make reference to that survey regarding the Atyeo - Dolman.

Bristol Sport - BCFC data indicated numbers relocating from the Dolman could be on the high side.

For those who did not receive the survey.  How would fans indicate preference on pricing?

13 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Somebody has lost the plot at  Bristol Sport. .First rule of Marketing . Build the customer base first ,room for price increases later .

The early bird ST  prices for the new West stand are prohibitive  (huge increase form the old Williams prices) almost certainly resulting in the lower section  being sparsely populated  as many fans stay in the much cheaper Dolman. Old Proverb-Better to live in a cave and look at a Palace than live in a Palace and look at a Cave.The  West upper tier with the best view in the Ground , is planned to be completely empty all season!  What complete madness.The first season  of the new build was (is) a one- off opportunity to bring new fans to the Gate and the ST pricing  should have been imaginative, designed to reward current ST holders and encourage new supporters. 20,000 ST holders should have been the goal-instead  many like me will pay on the day and select my games as there are sure to be thousands of spare tickets for every home game, unlike the past 2 years when demand exceeded supply

We now have the  prospect of our loyal  fans (15,000) spread thinly over 4 sides of our 27,000 stadium  with subsequent lack of atmosphere from about 11,000 empty seats every home match.

My preferred option was for the Atyeo to be for away fans only, could be filled several times next season (Aston Villa etc) with certain increases in attendance as most away teams sold out their limited allocation this season. This also  generates revenue with easier policing and reduced stewarding too. The South Stand should have reverted to the  East End as our Home end with a singing section and unreserved standing allowed behind the goal. The move to the Atyeo for our vocal support  is very recent and a packed and colourful  South Stand would have been a formidable sight and sound for our team to kick towards in the second half ,as it was for all of my living memory as first the Shed and latterly the East End. Family enclosure in the Lower Dolman leaving the SS for the committed  fans.

That would have meant our fans  sqeezed into 3 sides of the ground ,aesethically better with improved acoustics too. With creative pricing and some imagination ,we should have been able to attract another 5,000 new or lasped fans and filled the West Upper Tier. What a shame this one off opportunity seems to have been missed. 

This is spot on, my thoughts exactly, to be honest we could have a spread out effect around the stadium because of their lack of imagination.

The West Stand ( Its not the Williams anymore ), is a joke both on price and not filling the top, most people who were moving over wanted to go up there not down lower which is a worse view than the Dolman, the prices are over the top, as usual the marketing whizz kids have not got a bloody clue, pack them in should have been the motto.

As for the 'special ones' in the Atyeo, that is more ridiculous everytime it moves on, just tell them they have to move, it was always going to be so once the stadium rebuild anyway, if they were in the body of the stadium it would help the atmosphere, where instead they are in a small corner of a crappy stand, and honestly you cant hear them half the time in other parts of the ground. 

All in all it could be a patchwork quilt of a crowd especially in lesser games, I  would like to think they would at least rethink the West stand seating and prices, but I doubt they give a toss. 

4 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I'm a bit concerned about the 'SEASON CARD MEMBER PLUS' scheme, where you pay an extra £20 to get larger discounts but also LEVEL 1 priority for cup matches and away games. Does that mean someone else can purchase my seat for a cup match before I can?

No, it means if we draw say Liverpool away in the FA cup, and get an allocation of lets says 4000, those with season card member plus status will be able to have first dibs on tickets, before regular season card holders.

21 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

All in all it could be a patchwork quilt of a crowd especially in lesser games, I  would like to think they would at least rethink the West stand seating and prices, but I doubt they give a toss. 

I think it will end up the opposite of this.  The POTD prices will surely be in line with the season ticket prices.  The new capacity is 27k but if the top tier is closed then that takes us down to about 21.5k.  This season we have had 15k crowds.  If you allow for an extra 1k home fans and 1k away fans that takes us up to about 17k.  With the prices as they are, the POTD fans will surely buy the cheapest tickets first in advance so we will end up selling out Atyeo / S Stand / Dolman every week with the West stand being pretty empty and the only one open for rock up on the day fans.

16 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

No, it means if we draw say Liverpool away in the FA cup, and get an allocation of lets says 4000, those with season card member plus status will be able to have first dibs on tickets, before regular season card holders.

Isn't this a way of just making more money for the club?

I don't understand the point of it really.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Isn't this a way of just making more money for the club?

I don't understand the point of it really.

Yep, but it doesn't cost existing season ticket holders any extra, just new ones.  I'm only trying to help with people's queries if I can, don't shoot the messenger :) 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Yep, but it doesn't cost existing season ticket holders any extra, just new ones.  I'm only trying to help with people's queries if I can, don't shoot the messenger :) 

Ah okay, I suppose it's good to see loyalty to existing ST holders.

Not shooting, just curious! 

Archived