IGNORED

Season Tickets 16/17

G Block

Can only assume this clamour to sit in the Williams upper by a few is because we've never had an upper tier before?

Ok, so a couple of the front few rows will have a good view but the majority of seats in the Williams upper are going to have some of the worst views in the house as you're miles away from the action.

There's a reason the seats at the back at the theatre, concert halls, boxing, tennis etc are the cheapest ones...

3 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Anyone know when potd prices are announced ?dont get to enough games to make a St viable . Am I right in assuming you can still potd in the atyeo  ?

Not if everyone who is already in there renews no, because there won't be any space.

8 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Mate what's your point? Mine is pretty clear. 

Sitting here and typing out the bleeding obvious ain't my style. 

My point?

You make a statement rubbishing the marketing strategy of the club which implies that you know what that strategy is.

I don't know what it is and would be interested to know, so I asked you what it is.

But you haven't said what it is. That is my point.

8 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

My point?

You make a statement rubbishing the marketing strategy of the club which implies that you know what that strategy is.

I don't know what it is and would be interested to know, so I asked you what it is.

But you haven't said what it is. That is my point.

I'll make this really Janet & John.

The strategy lurches from knee jerk to poorly planned and executed.

Granted at times there are glimpses of good but these are few and far between. 

Missed opportunities and occasions that are bordering on alienating existing fans.

The strategy appears to be big on branding and building image but offers little in substance.

To be critical of the club in this matter is justified if you know what your talking about, this doesn't mean I join the ranks of the Boo brigade just want to see my club do better that's all.

Anyway, let's get this thread back on track.

Strikes me the prices are more than fair. No increase, improved benefits for renewals all sounds good.

The central blocks in the Williams do seem a bit prices, but no one renewing is going to be forced to go there by default.

As for not opening the upper Williams, I see that as a stroke of genius. Season after next when we are promoted to the Prem, they can charge the Johnny-come-lately fans whatever they like and fill it with people who would only be there for the opposition.

14 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

Genuine advice please...

I'm not sure about renewing my club seat as this season I moved to the Dolman and opted to by my boy a £50 season ticket as I was going to get him a shirt anyway so saw it as an opportunity for "buy a shirt get a ticket for £20" instead and introduce him to the excitement of life as a City fan.

As he's 5yrs old and won't fully appreciate the Club seats (or come to every game), I'm not buying a lower West Stand ticket as I would have rather been up in the new top tier and now the Family Corner in the South Stand is priced that he would go free I would like to know is it worth going in there instead - view? atmosphere for him etc?

To be honest my biggest concern is how out of place are me and my Dad (who I now drag along with me) going to look in a sea of families as inevitably my boy will end up only coming a handful of times?

Its not the £50 either as personally I think that deal is excellent value for money.

What's the thoughts of the other parents out there as I'm sure I can't be the only one thinking it?

We're in there. First time season ticket holders for Toby & Liam. They don't come to every game (both aged 11, have them together only every other weekend) but when they do they love it. Excellent value last time with free shirt thrown in too. When they don't come I upgrade ;) one of the tickets and take my own dad or the current love of my life.

View is ok, atmosphere is fine. We'll be renewing and as I've said elsewhere £35 on interest free finance for the 3 of us is - to my mind - excellent value. Even if the football has at times been dire!

41 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Strikes me the prices are more than fair. No increase, improved benefits for renewals all sounds good.

The central blocks in the Williams do seem a bit prices, but no one renewing is going to be forced to go there by default.

As for not opening the upper Williams, I see that as a stroke of genius. Season after next when we are promoted to the Prem, they can charge the Johnny-come-lately fans whatever they like and fill it with people who would only be there for the opposition.

Personally I have never considered "no one is forced to buy it" an acceptable excuse for over-pricing.

No one has to sit there, but some might reasonably wish to sit on the half way line in our new main stand and expect to pay a reasonable price. I don't consider £529 for what could still be League One football to be reasonable.

29 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

I mean the view from the upper Dolman against Lower West stand , having sat in the lower Williams a few times , it was crap 

You do realise the new stand isn't an exact replica of the old one don't you? The lower tier of the West Stand alone is as big as the Williams!

37 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

We're in there. First time season ticket holders for Toby & Liam. They don't come to every game (both aged 11, have them together only every other weekend) but when they do they love it. Excellent value last time with free shirt thrown in too. When they don't come I upgrade ;) one of the tickets and take my own dad or the current love of my life.

View is ok, atmosphere is fine. We'll be renewing and as I've said elsewhere £35 on interest free finance for the 3 of us is - to my mind - excellent value. Even if the football has at times been dire!

Thanks, had a good think about it today and going to move into the South Stand. 

Cheers

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Can only assume this clamour to sit in the Williams upper by a few is because we've never had an upper tier before?

Ok, so a couple of the front few rows will have a good view but the majority of seats in the Williams upper are going to have some of the worst views in the house as you're miles away from the action.

There's a reason the seats at the back at the theatre, concert halls, boxing, tennis etc are the cheapest ones...

It's true that the view from the back of the upper tier will not be the best, but I don't think it will be the worse. The worst must be low down in the South Stand or Atyeo when the play is at the other end of the pitch. When that happens it's difficult to tell what's really happening. 

The upper tier could have been available for season tickets and POTD at a price that reflects what you get - i e similar to Dolman as the view is not so good, but comfort is better. This would have allowed ex Williams fans to move back at a reasonable price. 

44 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It's true that the view from the back of the upper tier will not be the best, but I don't think it will be the worse. The worst must be low down in the South Stand or Atyeo when the play is at the other end of the pitch. When that happens it's difficult to tell what's really happening. 

The upper tier could have been available for season tickets and POTD at a price that reflects what you get - i e similar to Dolman as the view is not so good, but comfort is better. This would have allowed ex Williams fans to move back at a reasonable price. 

Got no problem with the upper tier being retained for overflow only. For your average game, a 16k-ish attendance would look a lot worse spread over all 27,000 seats - and it would do nothing for the atmosphere.

Well, after a day of reflection, and a year in the Atyeo, we'll be moving to the Dolman to sit as near friends as we can get. We've had STs there in the past and in truth we would have been there this season but there were apparently no seats available when we asked a year ago. We considered the new stand, but as others have said the difference in price makes a big impact on our finances. £100 per ticket for a bit more leg room. Can't justify that to the rest of the family. 

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Well, after a day of reflection, and a year in the Atyeo, we'll be moving to the Dolman to sit as near friends as we can get. We've had STs there in the past and in truth we would have been there this season but there were apparently no seats available when we asked a year ago. We considered the new stand, but as others have said the difference in price makes a big impact on our finances. £100 per ticket for a bit more leg room. Can't justify that to the rest of the family. 

I think the Dolman will be rammed again next season given the price differential for the move to the Williams. 

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I think the Dolman will be rammed again next season given the price differential for the move to the Williams. 

In which case we may be unlucky! Last year I was given to understand that the Dolman was sold out to folk moving from the Williams…if they stay we'll have to think again….and justify that £100!!

My lad will renew his st  in the atyeo.   However due to work  I can only make a dozen games a year  so potd when I can make , in case I've missed it somewhere what is the configuration of the atyeo ?   1000 home fans , 1000 away , surely there will still be a neutral area .  Like area n 37 currently is.   Cheers for any help 

1 hour ago, shelts said:

Greedy bastards  the same as the rest. Plenty of television money around and cheaper tickets by several Premier Teams. We have lost a chance to give back to the City community. Embarrassed to be honest. 

Far too simplistic to dismiss this as an issue of greed. A loss-making business which has just invested a fortune in its infrastructure is not in a healthy position to start giving back to the community - especially if we expect to see performances on the pitch improve.

That is not to say I am defending the specific prices set; I absolutely agree that the West Stand tickets are overpriced. But the range of ticket prices will have been designed with the intention of maximising overall revenue. In turn, maximising revenues then enables the club to compete more effectively in this division.

We are competing against clubs with parachute payments and larger average attendances. We all complain when we see players go to other, richer clubs. TV money at Championship level is significant, but nowhere near to the same extent as it is in the Premier League. 

If the board thought that overall revenues would be maximised by selling all season tickets for £200, there would be no reason not to do that. Clearly they don't believe that is the case. I don't believe it's due to personal greed that tickets are priced where they are.

What isn't in question is that football in general is too expensive. But the price of football in a broader sense is a much bigger issue than just Bristol City.

4 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

What is the reasoning behind new season card holders having to pay £20 for membership. Thought it was part of a season card already.

They are paying for an enhanced level of membership with additional benefits such as away ticket priority. The standard membership benefits still apply.

Archived