IGNORED

Just how carp are Man City?

reddogkev

Can't even score against Norwich.

Can't even beat Man ure.

Humiliated by Leicester.

Will they finish out of the top 4 this season?  The Hammers to pip them?

And they spent 50 million on Sterling... ha ha ha!

My god, Pep's got his work cut out for him!

One of their fans rang 606 tonight; "Our Manager is trying to sabotage the team and ensure they don't qualify for the Champions League. The Manager knows he's going in  a few weeks time, so is trying to ruin it for the next man".

7 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Can't even score against Norwich.

Can't even beat Man ure.

Humiliated by Leicester.

Will they finish out of the top 4 this season?  The Hammers to pip them?

And they spent 50 million on Sterling... ha ha ha!

My god, Pep's got his work cut out for him!

And Liverpool stuffed em at home too!

Theyve lost more home games this season than the last four seasons added together?!

3 minutes ago, 22A said:

One of their fans rang 606 tonight; "Our Manager is trying to sabotage the team and ensure they don't qualify for the Champions League. The Manager knows he's going in  a few weeks time, so is trying to ruin it for the next man".

You've got to love crazy radio maniacs and their conspiracy theories!

2 minutes ago, gloucester robin said:

I think its great for the premier league that the so called big four are pretty poor this season,the only problem is it could impact on englands champions league places!

If you're not good enough, you're not good enough, that's how the competition should work.

27 minutes ago, 22A said:

On the same phone in the presenter said that this summer Man U, Chelsea and Man City will be having a major clear out of players and then asked Wrighty where will all these players then go and how will they be replaced with all the major clubs chasing after the same top players.

That really hits the nail on the head as far as top flight football is concerned. You can give the clubs ever increasing TV deals, but you cannot overnight make more world class players. All that will happen is that in their desperation to "buy" instant success, the clubs will create a sellers market meaning that even more relatively average players will be paid ever more overinflated salaries.

28 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Symptomatic of how piss poor the Premier League is. A shadow of what it was 5-10 years ago.

Indeed; a far cry from 2007-08, when we had three of the four Champions League semi-finalists. People talk about the Premier League as the "greatest league in the world" - in reality, Aguero is probably the only one of the world's top 15 or 20 players who plays here now.

14 minutes ago, gloucester robin said:

I think its great for the premier league that the so called big four are pretty poor this season,the only problem is it could impact on englands champions league places!

Unlikely the Premier League will lose its 4th Champions League spot just yet - all Italian teams are already out of Europe this season whereas Man City and Liverpool are still standing, at least for now. Can't see Man City beating PSG over two legs without Kompany, De Bruyne and Hart, but you never know. 

10 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Unlikely the Premier League will lose its 4th Champions League spot just yet - all Italian teams are already out of Europe this season whereas Man City and Liverpool are still standing, at least for now. Can't see Man City beating PSG over two legs without Kompany, De Bruyne and Hart, but you never know. 

Apparently had juventus not conceded the injury time equaliser to Bayern then the Italians would have claimed a 4th spot .

As it is the premiership is safe with 4 teams for the next two champions leagues.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Indeed; a far cry from 2007-08, when we had three of the four Champions League semi-finalists. People talk about the Premier League as the "greatest league in the world" - in reality, Aguero is probably the only one of the world's top 15 or 20 players who plays here now.

If this is the case, why?

Is it the weather is better elsewhere? do they play less games elsewhere? can't be more money abroad surely. Do they pay less tax abroad?

Is the Tory government to blame, that's my bet.

2 minutes ago, Stephen Lewis said:

If this is the case, why?

Is it the weather is better elsewhere? do they play less games elsewhere? can't be more money abroad surely. Do they pay less tax abroad?

Is the Tory government to blame, that's my bet.

Shame the Government can't cut premier league players' wages!

I hope they fail epically! I hate the premier league all bar a few teams, the way its structured does not build solid sustainable teams that can compete at the highest level it rewards failure with huge TV deals.  And when a smaller team does well... big team buys all their good players so they can win the following season and benches them.  It's the reason England have such a weak national team relative to our population.

33 minutes ago, downendcity said:

On the same phone in the presenter said that this summer Man U, Chelsea and Man City will be having a major clear out of players and then asked Wrighty where will all these players then go and how will they be replaced with all the major clubs chasing after the same top players.

That really hits the nail on the head as far as top flight football is concerned. You can give the clubs ever increasing TV deals, but you cannot overnight make more world class players. All that will happen is that in their desperation to "buy" instant success, the clubs will create a sellers market meaning that even more relatively average players will be paid ever more overinflated salaries.

That is a fascinating point, you have to wonder if the pot of world-class players is diminishing?  You've now got at least ten or twelve super-rich clubs around Europe chasing the same group of players, and you can add China to the mix.  It also fascinates me that AC Milan have not achieved anything substantial for at least 10 years now, perhaps more, yet they were a true giant of the game.

Not enough top class players to go around anymore.... where is the next big batch of talent coming from?

It sure isn't coming from within Europe.

Is South America still producing world-class Brazilians or Argentinians?

1 hour ago, BS15_RED said:

Symptomatic of how piss poor the Premier League is. A shadow of what it was 5-10 years ago.

This. 

Me and my mates used to really enjoy the champions league nights at uni watching all the English clubs get through as far as they did. Now we are lucky if any of them reach the knockout stage.

55 minutes ago, gloucester robin said:

And? It doesn't really impact anyone outside of the fans of the likes of Man City, Arsenal etc.

I don't see us finishing 4th in the Premier League anytime soon!

I just love it that a team like City (doesn't have to be just Man City though - applies to Man U, Chelsea etc) spend million's and millions and yet they turn in poor performances like that regularly. Then you get teams like Leicester who are huge underdogs that continue to grind out results week in week out for a fraction of the expense and put these big teams to shame. It restores a little bit of faith that there is life in the PL and hope for the 'smaller' teams yet.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

That is a fascinating point, you have to wonder if the pot of world-class players is diminishing?  You've now got at least ten or twelve super-rich clubs around Europe chasing the same group of players, and you can add China to the mix.  It also fascinates me that AC Milan have not achieved anything substantial for at least 10 years now, perhaps more, yet they were a true giant of the game.

Not enough top class players to go around anymore.... where is the next big batch of talent coming from?

It sure isn't coming from within Europe.

Is South America still producing world-class Brazilians or Argentinians?

All the time I read speculation about one of the top clubs being interested in some player I've never heard of and quoting transfer fees of £45m+. It doesn't take a genius to work out what those players will expect as wages.

Agents must rub their hands with glee at the thought of dealing with owners with more money than sense, whose clubs are being given ever greater amounts of TV money so that those owners are desperate to spend their money on ridiculous transfer fees and the Tv revenue on over inflated wages ( both of which help to line the agents' pockets) in the belief that spending those amounts of money will give them certainty of success.

Of course Leicester's success could be a one season wonder, but it has shown the big spending of the top premier league clubs to be the equivalent of the emperors new clothes, especially as it has been overseen by a manager deemed not good enough by one of those top clubs owned by one of the wealthiest, and biggest spending of the lot.

Paying the biggest fees and wages only guarantees that you sign the player. It doesn't guarantee that you buy a team.

The inflated amounts of money in the game only seem to have put a higher price on mediocrity.

11 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Whose going to win the Champions League this year, Quater airlines or Fly Emirates!

It looks like the premier league could be won by the equivalent of RyanAir.

Archived