IGNORED

The 'Right Fit and DNA'...

spudski

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

'Educated' in the ways of Professional football...not in general.

I would put it to you, that it is certain English Managers that are 'uneducated' and are looking for certain types of players.

More often than not, a Scout is asked to look for a certain type of player that fits the managers requirements.

They often see gifted players that the manager isn't interested in.

Gifted players without 'closed requirements' are often found at youth level.

Plus as a Scout, you need to know how to communicate in the right terminology with the Head Scout and coaching staff.

I think you are way off when you say, we are 'the thicko' of World football.

We have some of the most gifted players playing in this country.

I think we're pretty gormless, football wise, compared to other nations, as tomorrow evening will probably demonstrate. But I'll take your point about managers wanting certain things, with results their priority, that's a fair point. They do their masters bidding. But the Brum scout thinks the humble fan is beneath him, whereas the overseas bloke, Ole Nielsen knows that amongst the people that watch players most, there will be knowledge to be tapped. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think we're pretty gormless, football wise, compared to other nations, as tomorrow evening will probably demonstrate. But I'll take your point about managers wanting certain things, with results their priority, that's a fair point. They do their masters bidding. But the Brum scout thinks the humble fan is beneath him, whereas the overseas bloke, Ole Nielsen knows that amongst the people that watch players most, there will be knowledge to be tapped. 

I didn't imply the Brum Scout thought fans were beneath him...he implied it was a nightmare talking to fans in general, because they are not privy to certain information...hense you can't have a conversation on a level playing field.

He implied fans come to a conclusion about players and managers, that often become written in stone, because it's repeated wrongly over and over again...and they can be way off the mark, as they don't know half the circumstances about those players or managers.

@spudski excellent BBC 5Live special on Leicester City on Wednesday night that touched on a lot of your points here. 

The dossier they put together on Vardy was very detailed and when asked Vardy said it was influential in him signing for them as he felt they knew him so well  

I think they put it out on Iplayer or Podcast, worth a listen. 

7 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

@spudski excellent BBC 5Live special on Leicester City on Wednesday night that touched on a lot of your points here. 

The dossier they put together on Vardy was very detailed and when asked Vardy said it was influential in him signing for them as he felt they knew him so well  

I think they put it out on Iplayer or Podcast, worth a listen. 

Thanks for the heads up on that CB's...I'll try and give it a listen some time. :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

What has height got to do with anything,although we know it does matter in these days with coaches,I said a little iniesta as in a kid

The days of taking the kid that has matured quicker, has long gone...there are many kids in British Academy's that are small in stature...go and look at our own if you don't believe me...not being pedantic or funny...but it has changed.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

The days of taking the kid that has matured quicker, has long gone...there are many kids in British Academy's that are small in stature...go and look at our own if you don't believe me...not being pedantic or funny...but it has changed.

I will take your word for it mate,and if so then it's good news,let's hope we don't go to far the other way tho now then

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Ray houghton is perfect example when he used to be on talksport,if you haven't played at the highest level then according to him we haven't got a clue 

Yep, agree.....and although I liked him as a LFC player (he was no Craig Johnston, who he replaced) I think he has become out of touch with the modern game, just like Hansen did.  Hansen was brilliant analytically for years, but the game changed, and although he was still an excellent 'presenter', he was boring going on about defences all the time.

Very few footballers - the people that know the game from the inside - are articulate enough to transfer what they know in their heads, into words we can understand and listen to for much more than a couple of minutes.

Although journalists do not know the game from the inside like footballers, they are skilled at communicating and transfering thoughts about the game into words people can listen to and understand.

I prefer to listen to a broadsheet journo talk about the game than a Harry Redknapp, or Robbie Savage etc. In their defence, it is very hard to talk about football without resorting to cliche and trite, repetitive rubbish. At the end of the day, it's a game of opinions, and that's my opinion. At the end of this day.

12 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Very few footballers - the people that know the game from the inside - are articulate enough to transfer what they know in their heads, into words we can understand and listen to for much more than a couple of minutes.

Although journalists do not know the game from the inside like footballers, they are skilled at communicating and transfering thoughts about the game into words people can listen to and understand.

I prefer to listen to a broadsheet journo talk about the game than a Harry Redknapp, or Robbie Savage etc. In their defence, it is very hard to talk about football without resorting to cliche and trite, repetitive rubbish. At the end of the day, it's a game of opinions, and that's my opinion. At the end of this day.

Glad you`ve set your stall out there Jack.

19 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Interesting thoughts...especially when you read some of the comments on this forum.

Would you call this forum a 'Broadsheet'...or a 'Tabloid'?

I think you are being very disingenuous with your thoughts regarding 'footballers' and tarring everyone with the same brush.

Have you spoken to our players for example?

I think you will find some very well spoken and articulate players...as well as some that aren't...I wouldn't say players are any less or more articulate than the average on here ,or the general public.

19 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Some people confuse an ability to articulate with an ability to manage.

I came across a Brian Clough interview the other day, he used all the wrong words in all the wrong places at all the wrong times.

I'm agreeing with your points BTW and for that reason I'm not getting carried away with the extremely articulate LJ/MA combo, not until they've proved they can manage.

Archived