IGNORED

Worst city 11

39 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

so many players bought in under the osman reign: pennyfather, baird, robinson, mitchell, etc. I remember a match away at brentford when we got smashed 5-1 and everyone turning on brian mitchell: 'mitchell, **** off home, mitchell, mitchell **** off home.' it felt like the whole end was singing at him. never seen a player get roasted by his own like that. he was appalling. 

As for the manager, yeah, that'd be Osman. To ship out Jacki was criminal and angers me to this day! But to then replace quality like that with his over-the-hill mates was unforgiveable. I'm firmly of the opinion he set us back years and one result at liverpool doesn't excuse him. 

I remember that Brentford game.  2-1 down at HT, think Cole or Jacki hit the post just before the break, then ship 3 quick goals in the 2nd half, seemingly one after another from corners.  Clueless stuff.

1 minute ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I remember that Brentford game.  2-1 down at HT, think Cole or Jacki hit the post just before the break, then ship 3 quick goals in the 2nd half, seemingly one after another from corners.  Clueless stuff.

the result aside, it was a cracking day out with a massive, rowdy following from us. i would love to see highlights of the game again to see if we were really as bad as i remember. and everytime a goal went in We Will Rock You would come blazing out of the PA. if i'm right, we had the last laugh when we relegated them on the last day of the season beating them 4-1.

Worst keeper for me would be Mark Combe, he was a young keeper who played one game but was awful. Another one game wonder is Clemens Zwijnenberg (he played for Feyenoord before us) but was awful at Ipswich under Ward.

More of Osman's great signings Rodney McAree, Colin "Dead" Loss, Abdul Kamara and Ian Brown.

Manager would be Osman, only player I know who ever got booed when scoring for City

41 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Worst keeper for me would be Mark Combe, he was a young keeper who played one game but was awful. Another one game wonder is Clemens Zwijnenberg (he played for Feyenoord before us) but was awful at Ipswich under Ward.

More of Osman's great signings Rodney McAree, Colin "Dead" Loss, Abdul Kamara and Ian Brown.

Manager would be Osman, only player I know who ever got booed when scoring for City

that was a surreal moment - i think the reason for that was that he had just got rid of jackie (who bizarrely was allowed on the pitch before to say goodbye!?). or am i getting my games mixed up - it's easy to do so, the football we played was totally forgettable. 

1 minute ago, poland_exile said:

that was a surreal moment - i think the reason for that was that he had just got rid of jackie (who bizarrely was allowed on the pitch before to say goodbye!?). or am i getting my games mixed up - it's easy to do so, the football we played was totally forgettable. 

You are spot on. Southend at home. Jacki was allowed to say goodbye on the pitch beforehand. Osman scored a really good header just before half time and at least half the crowd booed.

2 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

You are spot on. Southend at home. Jacki was allowed to say goodbye on the pitch beforehand. Osman scored a really good header just before half time and at least half the crowd booed.

I was certainly one of the boo-ers! on a similar note, there was a match a few games on (I'm pretty sure Barnsley at home) where we lost 2-0. The atmosphere was mutinous and completely poisonous. At one stage, standing in the corner of the open end, there were a few of us who openly started supporting barnsley - not something i'm particularly proud of but a good indication of how bad things had become. Osman apologists must be mad! 

7 hours ago, Cunnyfunt said:

David Partridge, Jody Morris, Ricky Foster, Darren Jones, Hutchings

Darren Jones played (use the term loosely) as a CB away at Blackpool under Wilson. 5-0 down at half time pushing for a playoff spot. He had a shocker. 

Seem to recall Jody Morris putting in a cruncher of a tackle against the sags in a pre-season friendly (Louis Carey's testimonial?) and thouggt we'd done good by getting him down from Perth. How wrong I was. He was an utter shitehawk and a legend in his own Instagram timeline. Shocking decision from McInnes who has since ill-advisedly criticised the board/SL/everyone but himself for him not being a success here. The ****. 

On 3/24/2016 at 23:17, Charliesboots said:

Bas Savage...

Been told by a player for City that when "Bad" turned up for training and showed off his skills the players thought he was from the (then) hit TV show on C4 "Faking It"

A few looked around to see if there was a cameraman lurking filming it too. 

He was a new level of shite.

Shit player but gave his best

10 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Yes he did play in that game. Your posts a shocker.

Didn't he come off the bench in the 2nd half to replace Danny Coles?

We were 5-0 down at half time and Tony Thorpe got a consolation goal after coming on as a sub himself.

18 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Didn't he come off the bench in the 2nd half to replace Danny Coles?

We were 5-0 down at half time and Tony Thorpe got a consolation goal after coming on as a sub himself.

That is true. I was so S*** faced I thought he started but he defiantly did play in the game and he was terrible all the same. 53rd minute I believe. Massively over weight and all over the place, couldn't believe we we didn't ship more! Couldn't believe more that I didn't leave at half time with the rest of the away end! Great weekend, bad game. 

Archived