IGNORED

Worst city 11

Sorry a bit bored with no football so got talking to a mate on the worst 11 players that have played for us. I have been watching from 1987 so some players young fans may not have heard of, I did struggle keeper wise as had some decent keepers.

I have gone for

1. Mike Stowell - no reason needed to pick someone.

2. Brian Mitchell 

3. Gus Ceaser

4. Dave thompson

5. Shaun Dyche

6. Tony Dinning

7. Herpal Singh - on loan from Leeds 

8. Carl Hutchings

9. Iain Baird

10. Steve Jones

11. Bas Savage

Bas Savage...

Been told by a player for City that when "Bad" turned up for training and showed off his skills the players thought he was from the (then) hit TV show on C4 "Faking It"

A few looked around to see if there was a cameraman lurking filming it too. 

He was a new level of shite.

Kilkenny would get in my worst city 11, probably not the worst technically but couldn't stand him wearing the city shirt.....no effort, too much moaning, too much pointing, sideways passing and generally one of the most frustrating players to wear our colours!

The worst goalkeeper imo is Harry Nicholson who played one game in 1960-61 season in a 3-2 home win v Halifax.

The worst striker is John Palmer who made a handful of appearances in 1982-83. He would have made Bas Savage look like Messi. The only mitigating circumstances were that it was the first season after the financial collapse in 1982 and Terry Cooper with no money to spend on players/wages, needed bodies and signed him from Weston Super Mare FC.

Went through a spell mid to late 80s where we had a few loan keepers in .we had one called Ian something in threw a couple of goals in .on his only appearance was sent back after that .want to say Bennet but don't think it was .lawrie Pearson a left back got swapped for Russell bromage 

4 hours ago, pjg11 said:

Went through a spell mid to late 80s where we had a few loan keepers in .we had one called Ian something in threw a couple of goals in .on his only appearance was sent back after that .want to say Bennet but don't think it was .lawrie Pearson a left back got swapped for Russell bromage 

Ian Leigh :juggle:

7 hours ago, That Louie Donowa goal said:

Sorry a bit bored with no football so got talking to a mate on the worst 11 players that have played for us. I have been watching from 1987 so some players young fans may not have heard of, I did struggle keeper wise as had some decent keepers.

I have gone for

1. Mike Stowell - no reason needed to pick someone.

2. Brian Mitchell 

3. Gus Ceaser

4. Dave thompson

5. Shaun Dyche

6. Tony Dinning

7. Herpal Singh - on loan from Leeds 

8. Carl Hutchings

9. Iain Baird

10. Steve Jones

11. Bas Savage

Would think Forbes Phillipson-Masters would at least be on the bench??.....and Mike Hooper in goal,please.

47 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Bo Anderson? James was worse than Stowell also...

Only on OTIB!

53 England caps. 4th most premier league appearances. One time most clean sheets in the premier league record. Most consecutive appearances in the premier league. And an MBE for services to football. But here at OTIB we know better - really he was up there with Bas Savage,..... 

Really???

David james in goal. Ive been going since the mid 80s. Forget what he did before he arrived at city, some of his goal keeping was a joke. Was it at home to watford where he came out to the penaly spot to punch a cross away and punched it into our net.

Fonts might be in there for some of his later displays although maybe not as he was actually decent to begin with.

Richard foster and mark wilson were appaling also.

Archived