IGNORED

What a joke - trying to book season ticket

sh1t_ref_again

8 minutes ago, FForbes said:

Having gone for seats in Block W17 (the only ones available online earlier in the day) and then seeing Bristol Sport's notice about system problems I phoned and on eventually getting through was able to switch into Block 13 (at extra cost obviously !) without any hassle. What a surprise that was !!

I have always found the ticketing people very good in person, it is the IT systems which let the club down.

9 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Yes but both systems should have worked and the club asked people to use online so the phones wouldn't get swamped, it's unfair that those who acted as the club asked may have lost out. They have the means to put it right so should do. I know you're very smug because you got the seats you wanted by not following the club's advice, but why not consider some of your fellow supporters who haven't been so fortunate?

I'm not being smug. Just saying what I think the club's response will be.

.....and yes, both systems should have worked.

• Admin
21 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I would imagine their response would be that there was a choice to book online or over the phone and that everyone had that option.

and am sure like in the past we will get some kind announcement by the end of the week saying what a success the online sales were :shutup:

Same every year. And every year the excuse is 'this is because we are redeveloping the stadium, won't happen next year - promise'.

Who on earth tested each scenario to ensure it worked, and who commissioned the video that failed to tell people how to book properly.

Suggest the club cancel all sales and start again when the system works. At least that would give everyone the chance to get the seats they wanted.

8 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I have always found the ticketing people very good in person, it is the IT systems which let the club down.

I think they're going to have to find more of them for the next few weeks since nobody's going to trust the online system now, most people will phone up to buy ST's

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Same every year. And every year the excuse is 'this is because we are redeveloping the stadium, won't happen next year - promise'.

Who on earth tested each scenario to ensure it worked, and who commissioned the video that failed to tell people how to book properly.

Suggest the club cancel all sales and start again when the system works. At least that would give everyone the chance to get the seats they wanted.

It never ceases to amaze me that Steve Lansdown allows these companies to take the piss like they do. If I was a billionaire* and one of my service providers continued to let me down like our IT providers do, I'd **** them off out of it quick smart.

* A proper one, not a gAss type one who can't afford to build a stadium.

6 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

Is there really any 'fair' way to do this? Those that got the seats they were after would argue that they didn't do anything that anyone else couldn't have done. Feel sorry for those at work who don't have ready access to phones or Internet. 

If you forget about online, say you had two ticket windows and people queue up for a few hours before it opens (as we used to do), then when it comes to opening time one of the windows doesn't open so all the people in that queue can't buy tickets, then that's what's happened today

4 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

At least it might all be fixed by the time they get home!

Ok then, maybe not......

Or maybe so!!

From the official website:

Online ticketing problems resolved.

Please be aware that the technical issue with Season Card renewals has been resolved and you can now purchase online throughout the Lower West Stand.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. 

With just under three thousand football fans and just over a thousand rugby supporters eligible to buy in this first period, there is plenty of space in the Lower West Stand to cater for demand. 

The reason for planning our season card renewals in phases is to ensure that we allow fans the time to purchase the seat they want. 

This first priority period is for 2014/15 Williams seat holders to return to the West Stand or renew their existing seat. The second priority period begins at 10am Monday, April 4th. 

Please be aware we are also operating extended phone lines during the five sales periods.  These are: Monday to Thursday 9am to 8pm and Fridays/ weekday matchdays 9am to 5pm. 

Naturally the phone lines are experiencing a high volume of calls and you will be asked to call back if our queue limit is at its maximum in order to prevent you from excessive wait times on the phone. 

We thank you for your patience.

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/update-online-renewals-for-season-cards-3031457.aspx#PPhEuYde5e46ZJiB.99

Before anyone get's on my back, I'm not calling anyone an idiot on this board (although there are a few :whistle:).

Sometimes, IT people try to make things 'idiot proof' and forget that in trying to do this, 'someone will make a better idiot'. As a consequence of this approach, they throw common sense out of the window and make it more complicated that it should be (no user acceptance testing takes place either).

If you suspect that you won't get on with BCFC's ST web process, ring them up. While you are there, complain that their website is shite and hopefully things will change in future (having been inundated with complaints).

BTW, I'll buy my ST online later in the week and it will be the simple 'renew' - I'll see how things pan out in the Williams (or whatever it's called) over the coming year to see if it's worth making the move from the Dolman to the W stand.

Gave up online very early after the reported confusing messages and inability to pick a seat, got through to the phone lines about 11am then waited 50 mins to actually get through 

Sorted out the three tickets I wanted from a very helpful member of staff (plus other helpful bits and bods about my seats / stand) I'm ok with ordering via the net but this reminded me how much I prefer talking to a person.... 

6 hours ago, flipflopcity said:

Finaly got through to Sue.. and booked for the West Stand.. 

It my be of interest Sue Said that if you were relocated from the Williams you need to say you don't want to renew your current seats so you then get an option to move... 

That means you have to reject your existing seats before you know if there are any seats free that you want!

Brilliant.

Just got six for me and my pals in W12. I didn't 'give up' my South Stand ticket or anything like that? The website is not the easiest to use but after a few attempts managed to figure it out.

Logged in with my supporter ID and password. Chose 2016/17 Bristol City Season Card / Add to basket.

Under select stand I chose W12.

A plan with red and green dots shows up. I clicked on 6 green dots to turn them blue then add to basket.

After that it allowed me to assign the seats for me and my mates (my mates tickets were previously linked -  from buying away tickets).

Than all I had to do was pay the £2.8k !!

Good luck.

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

I would imagine their response would be that there was a choice to book online or over the phone and that everyone had that option.

I didn't have the choice to purchase over the phone - on the 30 odd occasions I rang from 9.50am this morning I got a recorded message saying they were busy, it's best to buy online and then cut me off, every time.

2 hours ago, Red white and red said:

Ok, so I tried to book online 3 times- didn't work, phoned 3 times- didn't get through! Just managed to get 3 tickets not where I wanted them. Why is the entirety of block 14 corporate or for 'faces'? And the people who have sat in the centre of the Williams for years pretty much forgotten/disregarded.... Annoying.

Is that because the tickets you wanted were unavailable or because they were more costly than you wanted to spend?

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It cut me off automatically after the recorded message saying it's better to buy online - around thirty times this happened....complete joke

You just have to keep redialling until it tells you you're in the q, I tried about 30 times before I got in, then had to wait 45 mins before I could speak to anyone

Would it not be a good idea for the Club to get into the eighties before attempting to get to the nineties?

The capability of producing a stable, simple IT ticketing system appears well beyond us at the moment.

Given that, should we not try and get a proper phone system sorted? At the very least, have a decent call-waiting capacity with an indication of where you are in the queue and an approximate waiting time. 

4 hours ago, Red white and red said:

Ok, so I tried to book online 3 times- didn't work, phoned 3 times- didn't get through! Just managed to get 3 tickets not where I wanted them. Why is the entirety of block 14 corporate or for 'faces'? And the people who have sat in the centre of the Williams for years pretty much forgotten/disregarded.... Annoying.

Why is there any seating for the corporates?  Wouldn't they all be in the boxes or in the corners for the Heineken Lounge or whatever it's called?

So a completely frustrating experience all round. Couldn't book anything online this morning. 2 chaps I used to sit next to in C block in the Williams, right in the middle, supporters for a combined period of over 100 years, shunted out to W17 as the only thing they could book online this morning & not what they wanted.

I gave up this morning. This evening I can get tickets but only if I pay the extra £20 for Plus membership. However I can't choose my seat any more as no seating plan. Just given a row & seat in a block which is usually not where I want to be. Haven't got time for this.

Really poor that yet again the club's IT has messed up. Why weren't we assigned similar seats to what we previously had? That was what we were promised but yet again the average supporter is messed around & another bit of goodwill is eroded. If we are customers rather than supporters, the customer experience stinks!

I don't know which company was used to set up this online process but it cannot be one with a tried and tested and proven track record.  Poor show Bristol City.  I went online at 10 am and simultaneously phoned the ticket office.  For 51 minutes I tried everything to get the seats I wanted using the online "facility", encountering all of the problems listed in this thread.  At 10.52 the phone was answered and the consultant helped me get my four seats pretty close to where I had hoped to be in W13.  Job done.

I don't know how many hours of season card holders' lives were wasted these last 16 hours but it must be well in access of 5,000.   Five thousand hours we will never get back.  Still it was an improvement on last year's fiasco which took me over 2½ hours and a £15 excess on my phone bill.  Perhaps for 2017/18 we'll have it down to 5 minutes as we rebook our seats for the Premiership!!

Going to be an absolute nighmare next week when the rest of us all have to renew at once. Should have been sales periods for every stand. Have a horrible feeling that it won't be able to cope with that amount of people on it.

Club should've negotiated with the same company that sold our Wembley tickets last season to do it for us. 

1 hour ago, Gilts said:

Going to be an absolute nighmare next week when the rest of us all have to renew at once. Should have been sales periods for every stand. Have a horrible feeling that it won't be able to cope with that amount of people on it.

Club should've negotiated with the same company that sold our Wembley tickets last season to do it for us. 

I hope this isn't tempting fate, but surely next week, when most of the transactions will simply be renewing an existing seat, will be easier?? 

Archived