IGNORED

Steve Stevie Brooker Stevie Stevie Brooker

Big Red Rich

12 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Believe it was Coventry away 3-0 win 08/09. Scored away at Blackpool first game last minute winner IIRC aswell

That goal at Blackpool was equally epic timing…almost forgot that we were soaked to the skin!

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Last I heard he was player/coach at Buxton. The goal I always remember was away at MK in the hockey stadium. He scored very early and we held on to win 1-0.

I was there...... And missed the goal as I was trying to get a ticket. Ffs

A very good player was Brooker. Strong, hard and useful goalscorer. How we could do him now.

He was a tad injury prone and he had a knee problem that was ( supposedly ) mistreated by the City physios and he eventually moved on carrying the same injury. I remember reading about it at the time.

A real shame that he never really recovered full fitness.

39 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

Didn't he score at home against Norwich as well,think we won one nil but they battered us.

It was 2-1 Frampton. It's linked in the report at the top of the page.

Remember Dion Dublin getting a great reception when he was subbed as it was his last season before retirement.  Norwich were battering us and we were holding on at 1-1. Last minute free kick humped up to Brooker and in it went. Can't believe it was 8 years ago.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

A very good player was Brooker. Strong, hard and useful goalscorer. How we could do him now.

He was a tad injury prone and he had a knee problem that was ( supposedly ) mistreated by the City physios and he eventually moved on carrying the same injury. I remember reading about it at the time.

The fault regarding his knee injury was actually entirely down to the player.

Who goes on holiday by plane when they have been specifically told not to do so by their medical team?

His last goal for us was at the Ricoh the season after the Norwich game, by the way.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Ex player? Zzzzzzzz

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The fault regarding his knee injury was actually entirely down to the player.

Who goes on holiday by plane when they have been specifically told not to do so by their medical team?

Obviously you're ITK about the real cause of Brookers knee injury.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Obviously you're ITK about the real cause of Brookers knee injury.

No, just the fact that he completely ignored the prescribed course of treatment which meant he wasted an entire summer's rehabilitation and was never the same player for us again..

I honestly believe he could have been one of the best ever strikers to play for this club. He had everything- no slouch, strong,good finisher and good in the air. 

Wasn't there a cock up with our physio/ doctor at the time, that meant that he never fully recovered from injury? I vaguely remember there being a court case/ medical negligence issue?

1 hour ago, MrBibs said:

It was 2-1 Frampton. It's linked in the report at the top of the page.

Remember Dion Dublin getting a great reception when he was subbed as it was his last season before retirement.  Norwich were battering us and we were holding on at 1-1. Last minute free kick humped up to Brooker and in it went. Can't believe it was 8 years ago.

You've got a good memory.

Archived