IGNORED

El Classico My Arse

I gave up after 10 minutes.

Player falls down = free kick, player slips = free kick, player runs into a player = free kick + all of the writhing in agony, 22 cheats with another 14 waiting on the bench, it's like watching a very poor and very camp ice skating holiday on ice show.

7 free kicks? I haven't seen 1 foul.

and then the linesman misses 2 Barcelona players at least 3/4 yards offside almost resulting in a goal, confounded by a Real defender running into Suarez and rollin around like he had been shot.

20 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Player falls down = free kick, player slips = free kick, player runs into a player = free kick + all of the writhing in agony, 22 cheats with another 14 waiting on the bench, it's like watching a very poor and very camp ice skating holiday on ice show.

and then the linesman misses 2 Barcelona players at least 3/4 yards offside almost resulting in a goal, confounded by a Real defender running into Suarez and rollin around like he had been shot.

I agree with you in principle because it's dire but you can't be offside from a goal kick.  Commentator really should have known that 

22 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Bang on the money,when you got boxing like that el Clas can do one

It's certainly been poor, regardless of how the commentary has tried to spin it,

Only thing that could really kick it off is an early Real goal in the second half, or someone losing a man.

Sadly, thanks to the tonne of pointless fouling, it looks a lot more likely to be the latter that will spark it off.

2 minutes ago, samo II said:

It's certainly been poor, regardless of how the commentary has tried to spin it,

Only thing that could really kick it off is an early Real goal in the second half, or someone losing a man.

Sadly, thanks to the tonne of pointless fouling, it looks a lot more likely to be the latter that will spark it off.

WTF, there has been some real fouls since I switched it off?.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

WTF, there has been some real fouls since I switched it off?.

You're right; the majority is 'theatre', to be fair.

One or two actual challenges, but there is a tendency to drop even before fouls hit - very poor.

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

No idea how Ramos is still on the pitch mind 

He's a walking red card, to be sure.

Started the second half as the first ended, unfortunately; think the commentator cursed it by saying Barca have found the net in some crazy number of fixtures in a row this season.

I don't think I have seen an entertaining version of this fixture in the last 10 years, and I didn't watch it before that so basically I have never seen this game deliver a good game. Massive hype that never delivers.

56 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The linesman didn't miss anything ( if your talking about the Suarez miss) it all came from a goal kick!! Which the commentator showed he doesn't know the rules of Football, surely a well paid commentator should know you can't be offside from a goal kick??? Incredible.

edit, I see someone mentioned the same, further up the page. 

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

The linesman didn't miss anything ( if your talking about the Suarez miss) it all came from a goal kick!! Which the commentator showed he doesn't know the rules of Football, surely a well paid commentator should know you can't be offside from a goal kick???

OK, shows how interested I was I thought it was just a kick out by the keeper, everything else is spot on though?.

i'm trying to think of another sport that allows this level of cheating.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

OK, shows how interested I was I thought it was just a kick out by the keeper, everything else is spot on though?.

i'm trying to think of another sport that allows this level of cheating.

The Premier league....oops sorry, sport!

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The linesman didn't miss anything ( if your talking about the Suarez miss) it all came from a goal kick!! Which the commentator showed he doesn't know the rules of Football, surely a well paid commentator should know you can't be offside from a goal kick??? Incredible.

edit, I see someone mentioned the same, further up the page. 

Bizarre rule though. If ROD punts it up to JK from a goal kick he can`t be offside but if Flinty hoofs it to him from the six yard line he can be.

51 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

it's pretty but it's not football and million miles away from being sport.

Blimey! EMB I'm surprised that you don't appreciate just how talented and skilful these guys of both teams are. To a man they are all superb footballers and the cream of Eurppean football. Top drawer. 

Its now 1-1 and and really hotting up. 

As for the diving and feigning injury that's what you get with Latino football. It's in their psychology to try and trick the referee. It's all part of the game to them. They are bemused at us Brits when we critise them for cheating. They can't understand why.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Bizarre rule though. If ROD punts it up to JK from a goal kick he can`t be offside but if Flinty hoofs it to him from the six yard line he can be.

Rules from dead ball situations are completely different than if the ball is in general play, unfortunately a lot of Football fans don't even know a lot of the rules for the game they support, that's bizarre imo!

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Blimey! EMB I'm surprised that you don't appreciate just how talented and skilful these guys of both teams are. To a man they are all superb footballers and the cream of Eurppean football. Top drawer. 

Its now 1-1 and and really hotting up. 

As for the diving and feigning injury that's what you get with Latino football. It's in their psychology to try and trick the referee. It's all part of the game to them. They are bemused at us Brits when we critise them for cheating. They can't understand why.

That's the problem, these players are everything they say they are and i'm glad that enough football broke out in amongst the theatrical shit to see 2 goals scored.

They can be bemused as much as they like, they are just cheats and 10 minutes was all I could personally stomach.

24 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Bill, I know you love Barca but really are you honestly trying to suggest that anything in the prem is worse than the El Travesty?.

I like the style of Football they play and admit I like to watch them, but that's a long way away from loving them!  

As for the Prem, cheating goes on in all the games, the same as in all the top leagues, or, are you saying that all the players who come from other leagues suddenly become saints when they enter England?!! 

Archived