IGNORED

El Classico My Arse

41 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

in todays Hull v City game, Huddelstone got in some really meaty but fully legal and well timed tackles in midfield, especially early on in the game (probably what cast the dye for the rest of the game) he would not have got away with them in this game, Neymar, Suarez or Ronaldo would still be rolling around feigning injury.

No doubt they would but the PL is like no other major European league. We didn't see Ronaldo or Saurez rolling around or feigning injury when they played over here. They knew that A) the refserees/managers wouldn't tolerate it and B) the fans/media would berate them as cheats.

Its very different in Latino leagues all over the world.

2 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Well done Ronaldo hope Real hold on now. Will love seeing Messi's face after the game

Doubt messi will be too bothered when he has another league winners medal in May.

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

No doubt they would but the PL is like no other major European league. We didn't see Ronaldo or Saurez rolling around or feigning injury when they played over here. They knew that A) the refserees/managers wouldn't tolerate it and B) the fans/media would berate them as cheats.

is your nose growing Pinocchio?.

Youtube is especially awash with Suarez dives and feigned injury rolls whilst at Liverpool.

in his case Dalglish defended him to the hilt every time and so did Rogers until Suarez admitted in a foreign rag that he did dive, he got away with enough so A) is false. 

11 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Don't most of the Spanish league play over here now though?!

Well Bill, 8 MOTD games, 1 obvious dive by Coutinho which was highlighted and condemned and a few what I call premiership fouls (minimal contact), there was more 'unsportsmanship' in the first 10 minutes of El Plastico last night than the highlights of those 8 games and Liverpool v Spurs was as a good a game as you will see anywhere and an off colour Harry Kane still showed his undoubted class with a world class finish, Man City were unplayable at times against Bournemouth, a great fightback by Swansea, great never say die spirit from Norwich and an old fashioned game West Ham v Palace.

and I ain't the greatest lover of the prem when it attempts to imitate the cheating that goes over your head.

I suspect I know where you are trying to go but some home grown players have become just as bad the foreign players in the prem, but luckily it is not as bad as Spain.

36 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

WWE!!!!

20 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Believe it or not, I was just thinking the same. That`s what this match has turned in to these days, a WWE exhibition bout.

That is a great analogy, football is becoming a very sad parody of professional wrestling and that is taking it outside of the realms of sport, just like wrestling.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well it's certainly antique.

What, with a walnut burr veneer, Queen Anne's cabriole legs and a touch of woodworm?

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

Yes we did, they did it plenty, so did Bale, van Nistelrooy, and several other players. The difference is over here it's one or two players in a team that do it a lot, in Barca and Real it's seems both teams got lessons from Tom Daley. 

Archived