IGNORED

El Classico My Arse

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

I like the style of Football they play and admit I like to watch them, but that's a long way away from loving them!  

As for the Prem, cheating goes on in all the games, the same as in all the top leagues, or, are you saying that all the players who come from other leagues suddenly become saints when they enter England?!! 

No I am saying cheating exists in all leagues worldwide, however the Spanish league and this game especially seems to be the pinnacle that has taken it to another level.

Each to own I guess.

Im watching the entire game and am really enjoying it. 

I just accept that I'll see loads of falling over and feigning injury but it is what it is.

Ramos got a second yellow and Madrid are down to 10 men but winning 1-2.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

No I am saying cheating exists in all leagues worldwide, however the Spanish league and this game especially seems to be the pinnacle that has taken it to another level.

It's this game, it doesn't happen ( for instance ) when Barcelona play the other Madrid team.

21 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

That's the problem, these players are everything they say they are and i'm glad that enough football broke out in amongst the theatrical shit to see 2 goals scored.

They can be bemused as much as they like, they are just cheats and 10 minutes was all I could personally stomach.

Yep, that's exactly it. They're both good enough sides to not need to go in for all the amateur dramatics, and when some actual football breaks out it's usually top quality. Tonight was no exception.

Whenever I have seen Barcelona play any important match they feign injury worse than any other side (champions league final last season) and are probably the most ungracious side in the world who cannot take any side being better than them. That's just their arrogance

1 minute ago, BA14 RED said:

Whenever I have seen Barcelona play any important match they feign injury worse than any other side (champions league final last season) and are probably the most ungracious side in the world who cannot take any side being better than them. That's just their arrogance

Everyone has their own opinion mate, mine is that you couldn't be more wrong! 

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Each to own I guess.

Im watching the entire game and am really enjoying it. 

I just accept that I'll see loads of falling over and feigning injury but it is what it is.

Ramos got a second yellow and Madrid are down to 10 men but winning 1-2.

I do try, for instance I started to watch the Germany v England game and expected to turn it off after 10 minutes, but I thoroughly enjoyed the game 2 sides going for it like international matches of old (when they used to mean something). On the strength of that I watched the England V Holland game and barely lasted 10 minutes with that one, incredibly tepid game.

Yes it is what it is shameless cheating, I will continue to try to watch European games but sadly I rarely manage to last a whole one.

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Haha indeed; mine is that BA14 hit the nail on the head and furthermore that was a crap immitation of a 'classico' on both side's part. 

I respect that just my point of view whenever it isn't going their way they throw their toys out the pram.

Fantastic football team don't get me wrong not denying that

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Bill they are pretty bad in all games but this game brings the worst out of both of them.

I personally find it a very difficult watch, most of these pussies would retire if they faced some of the midfielders that were plying their trade when Gerry Gow was in his pomp.

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Haha indeed; mine is that BA14 hit the nail on the head and furthermore that was a crap immitation of a 'classico' on both side's part. 

It wasn't the best of games was it, mind you, the way the TV company hyped it up for about 2 weeks meant that it would have to be exceptional to hit the hype.

I actually feel sorry for Leicester next season in either the champions league or Europa league, although they play 'real' football, with the odd mistimed tackle and have actually been a breath of fresh air to the dire prem this season, they will be easy meat for the professional cheats of Europe, they'll need a huge squad of players.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Bill they are pretty bad in all games but this game brings the worst out of both of them.

I personally find it a very difficult watch, most of these pussies would retire if they faced some of the midfielders that were plying their trade when Gerry Gow was in his pomp.

See E's I just don't get that, I will sit down and watch them play just about every Sat/Sun evening, it's THIS game, it does not happen in the normal league game. Big ( even though this isn't a derby game, it could be classed as one) derby games bring out the worst in people/players. When we play a Bristol derby it's different from ' normal' games. Man Utd Liverpool games used to be like this ( not anymore though, no passion). Watch RM or Barca play Atletico,Seville etc etc and you won't see the antics you saw early on tonight. 

9 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It wasn't the best of games was it, mind you, the way the TV company hyped it up for about 2 weeks meant that it would have to be exceptional to hit the hype.

What I detest is how you're a dumbass if you don't appreciate it - "a game for the purists". Frankly many of the games at the 'top' are crap: seen plenty of dire Man U v Man City (interchange either with Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, AC Milan, Juve, Barca, Real etc). 

The difference is in Spanish football no-one wants to admit it. No pundit wants to admit it was crap, it was a poor spectacle on what it could, and should, have been. 

There is also, for me, an inability to see past the play acting. I sit there calling every player a nobhead and begin seething at top quality, exceptionally skilled players, doing all they can to conspire to ruin a spectacle. 

9 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

See E's I just don't get that, I will sit down and watch them play just about every Sat/Sun evening, it's THIS game, it does not happen in the normal league game. Big ( even though this isn't a derby game, it could be classed as one) derby games bring out the worst in people/players. When we play a Bristol derby it's different from ' normal' games. Man Utd Liverpool games used to be like this ( not anymore though, no passion). Watch RM or Barca play Atletico,Seville etc etc and you won't see the antics you saw early on tonight. 

I'm not convinced, atl v real has its fair share.

I won't claim to be an avid watcher of Spanish footie but i do watch a game or two a month min. Barca, in particular, seem to 'practice' for this game in those leading up to it - ie I'm not sure they feign more in this fixture than most.

Only a handful of Barca games outside the el Classico and champs league I see a season admittedly, but I can't say I notice in them a vastly different approach. In all the play acting and the feigning are as big a part as pass ad nauseum. 

18 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

With refereeing the way it is now, Gerry Gow would be red carded during the warm up, let alone lasting the game itself!

24 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I agree. For all Barcas nice football, they are just as good at play acting and ruining a game. How often when losing does an opposition player get sent off. It's how they operate. 

10 minutes ago, 29AR said:

What I detest is how you're a dumbass if you don't appreciate it - "a game for the purists". Frankly many of the games at the 'top' are crap: seen plenty of dire Man U v Man City (interchange either with Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, AC Milan, Juve, Barca, Real etc). 

The difference is in Spanish football no-one wants to admit it. No pundit wants to admit it was crap, it was a poor spectacle on what it could, and should, have been. 

There is also, for me, an inability to see past the play acting. I sit there calling every player a nobhead and begin seething at top quality, exceptionally skilled players, doing all they can to conspire to ruin a spectacle. 

The play acting goes over my head now ( it used to bother me ) I've got used to it, it's everywhere in every league in every country. I watch it every Saturday night on Channel fives highlights of our football, it's in league two, players feigning injury, holding faces when touched on shoulders etc etc. 

I didn't find tonight's any worse than I've watched for years, just about every Chelsea game involves at least two or three instances of it.

No one is going to do anything to stop it,so just accept it.

If people don't want to see it, then start watching there local games, I watched a toolstation western league game this afternoon, not one cheat on the pitch, but the quality was abysmal! 

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I agree. For all Barcas nice football, they are just as good at play acting and ruining a game. How often when losing does an opposition player get sent off. It's how they operate. 

I think the majority opinion is turning against Barca, not helped by the media spending a decade of telling us all we must love them. The media ruined Liverpool in the same way amongst the neutrals. 

As Robbored alluded to, it's a legitimate way of playing football overseas; why can't the media admit they are skillful, but at the same time rotten cheats? 

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The play acting goes over my head now ( it used to bother me ) I've got used to it, it's everywhere in every league in every country. I watch it every Saturday night on Channel fives highlights of our football, it's in league two, players feigning injury, holding faces when touched on shoulders etc etc. 

I didn't find tonight's any worse than I've watched for years, just about every Chelsea game involves at least two or three instances of it.

If people don't want to see it, then start watching there local games, I watched a toolstation western league game this afternoon, not one cheat on the pitch, but the quality was abysmal! 

I won't suggest it only exists there, but I think there's a line and Barca in particular relish in crossing it. Only this season Hazard's antics in game one led to Mourinho's demise. I am aware it exists, but I'm also aware of the extent. In Spain, you can barely go a minute without seeing someone grabbing their shin and rolling 5 yards.

17 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

i'll try to take your word for it but with 2 of world footballs worst offenders in Suarez and Neymar, I think you might this one a stretch Bill.

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The day play acting goes over my head will be the day that hell freezes over, I find it like the obscene amounts of money and the corruption of the officials who run the game to be abhorrent and always will.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

i'll try to take your word for it but with 2 of world footballs worst offenders in Suarez and Neymar, I think you might this one a stretch Bill.

Suarez did it here E's, but the whole of Liverpool's team and the Prem didn't get called cheats because of it, it seems that some are trying to tarnish Barcelona and the Spanish league because of the same though!! Seems hypocritical to me.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

Suarez did it here E's, but the whole of Liverpool's team and the Prem didn't get called cheats because of it, it seems that some are trying to tarnish Barcelona and the Spanish league because of the same though!! Seems hypocritical to me.

Yes he did but luckily the prem are still amateurs compared with most of the Spanish league and especially Suarez and Neymar.

8 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I won't suggest it only exists there, but I think there's a line and Barca in particular relish in crossing it. Only this season Hazard's antics in game one led to Mourinho's demise. I am aware it exists, but I'm also aware of the extent. In Spain, you can barely go a minute without seeing someone grabbing their shin and rolling 5 yards.

Strange, because except for Barca v RM games I just don't see it, all I see is a lot of top quality footballers playing quality football. 

I think the point is these are near enough the best 22 you can get on a pitch skill-wise. They shouldn't resort to it.

Then there's the point of extent: no-one is suggesting it doesn't happen week in week out; game in game out in the Premier League, Championshp too. But even then it's generally a handful of incidents per game, not a few handfuls each 45. 

Furthermore it's acknowledged and chastised over here with pundits running the rule over incidents for a whole half time break. Watch Spanish football and that was "a game for the purists"... No it really, really wasn't. 

in todays Hull v City game, Huddelstone got in some really meaty but fully legal and well timed tackles in midfield, especially early on in the game (probably what cast the dye for the rest of the game) he would not have got away with them in this game, Neymar, Suarez or Ronaldo would still be rolling around feigning injury.

Archived