IGNORED

The Whole World and Their Dogs after Flinty.

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

The bonus of so many clubs supposedly after him - ££££!!!! Like to see us hold out for a change but i'd be looking to over price one of our players for a change and ask for £4m. We might not think hes worth it but about time we got what seems to be the going rate for players. Tarkowski from Brentford to Burnley for £6m was it recently??!!??

11 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Love him as a player, but have to say if they were watching him on Tuesday the goal we conceeded will not have done him any favours. 

Agree. Woeful performance.

Flint to Chelsea? Really?! Love the bloke, but that really would be one hell of a step up!

Seems a strange rumour to me, but heads certainly will have been turned by Aden this season i'm sure - especially now he has really settled in to this league

10 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

If he ends up at either of those clubs I'll eat my hat.

I'm not so sure Everton do have history of buying from lower league clubs, Stones came from Barnsley and I'm pretty sure they bought someone else from there recently but Chelsea, yeah right, I agree with you here.  However the scenario could be Stones to Chelsea, Flint to Everton though

7 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Tarkowski from Brentford to Burnley for £6m was it recently??!!??

If he went for that amount then surely if a prem club come calling we should be asking for more than that! Mings went for what, 8 Million last year when he moved from Ipswich? Got to mark up massively if these big clubs coming calling

Can't see Everton being in really, no disrespect to Flint but with new money and top four ambition I would expect them to be looking at current internationals.

Chelsea rarely shop in the Prem let alone the Championship.

Villa , although a bigger club and massive potential are a basket case atm.

I could see WBA , coming in but not at £4m. They'd try and get him on the (relatively) cheap.

Sun'land another possible, Championship title contenders next year.

I think he's playing at the peak of his powers and the step up might be a step too far. That's not to say he is worse than some playing there now. Took him a while to find his feet this year but looks the part  now, so who's to say he wouldn't do a job in the top flight , he has improved year on year.

Glad he didn't have a stormer in front of the scouts Tuesday though.

Not the first time I've heard the Chelsea link to Flint and that was from a very close person to their club.

Of all the clubs listed above if Chelsea came calling he should go in a heartbeat, the others are basket cases in comparison.

Would love him to stay but the inevitable will come and I certainly wish him the best.

I must confess that when City signed him up to a new 4 year contract at the start of the season i did think it was over the top however now it looks inspired.

If he wants to go , you could n't blame him, we just need to maximise our return on investment.

I love him to bits but no player is irreplaceable and a nice fat fee could help us bring in some more quality.

Perhaps Flint was aware of the interest and watching scouts on Tuesday and this affected his performance, because he certainly wasn't at his best.

Still, they'll be evaluating him over numerous games, not just that one, and he's generally very solid.

Anyway, this can't be true, Robbored assured me Flint would never make a Championship player.

I'd be looking for 5m. minimum if those calibre of clubs are genuinely interested.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Perhaps Flint was aware of the interest and watching scouts on Tuesday and this affected his performance, because he certainly wasn't at his best.

Still, they'll be evaluating him over numerous games, not just that one, and he's generally very solid.

Anyway, this can't be true, Robbored assured me Flint would never make a Championship player.

I'd be looking for 5m. minimum if those calibre of clubs are genuinely interested.

5m minimum plus add ons , 200,000 for each new tattoo for example .:yes:

• Admin

Sadly Flint has been done by a long ball out from the back two games on the trot now - O'Donnell managed to save at Hull, but no so lucky against Rotherham

A big part of his game still needs to improve, BUT saying that when he joined us he looked rusty but improved, the start of this season he struggled but then improved.... maybe just maybe

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sadly Flint has been done by a long ball out from the back two games on the trot now - O'Donnell managed to save at Hull, but no so lucky against Rotherham

A big part of his game still needs to improve, BUT saying that when he joined us he looked rusty but improved, the start of this season he struggled but then improved.... maybe just maybe

All defenders at every level make mistakes or get shown up occasionally. It's his all round game they'll be assessing, as well as his aggressive demeanour, his superb disciplinary record, and his will to win.

Flint's goalscoring record is a huge plus for him and there's no reason he couldn't continue this in the PL, in fact with the pinpoint corners and free kicks coming in from better players, he could even improve it.

He'd be a gamble of course, but his suitors will have noted that he's stepped up to the plate to take on, and master, every challenge his career has put in front of him so far, so you can see why it's probably a gamble at least one of the clubs mentioned will feel worth taking.

29 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Love him as a player, but have to say if they were watching him on Tuesday the goal we conceeded will not have done him any favours. 

Might have done us one though! :laugh:

I have said multiple times that villa will be watching, but now it seems so are a number of clubs. Luckily Flinty's deal was renewed so it will take a very decent offer for city to listen.

Codge is inevitable as is Smith and Bryan for the attentions of clubs and scouts. This is the five pillars policy in action and the revenue that if sales are made will go to underpining spending and the academy. I hope AF is here next season with Baker, but I guess we will see.

14 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Might have done us one though! :laugh:

I have said multiple times that villa will be watching, but now it seems so are a number of clubs. Luckily Flinty's deal was renewed so it will take a very decent offer for city to listen.

Codge is inevitable as is Smith and Bryan for the attentions of clubs and scouts. This is the five pillars policy in action and the revenue that if sales are made will go to underpining spending and the academy. I hope AF is here next season with Baker, but I guess we will see.

I'm sure Villa must have watched Baker in his time here - several games where he & Flint have stood out, they could do a lot worse next season

40 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

All defenders at every level make mistakes or get shown up occasionally. It's his all round game they'll be assessing, as well as his aggressive demeanour, his superb disciplinary record, and his will to win.

Flint's goalscoring record is a huge plus for him and there's no reason he couldn't continue this in the PL, in fact with the pinpoint corners and free kicks coming in from better players, he could even improve it.

He'd be a gamble of course, but his suitors will have noted that he's stepped up to the plate to take on, and master, every challenge his career has put in front of him so far, so you can see why it's probably a gamble at least one of the clubs mentioned will feel worth taking.

They probably wouldn't even see it as much of a gamble tbh. 

Relatively speaking, much like our £50k "punt" on Garita. £2m or so would be nothing.

Archived