IGNORED

Missing flags again!

BCFCS82

10 minutes ago, BCFCDEL said:

I bet if I witnessed someone potentially steal from you, you'd want them named, the lads in S82 put a massive amount of effort in to all they do for some pikey runts to steal their flags. 

Earlier this season I believe a man "lost" a wallet with a considerable amount of money in it. By your logic, I could name anyone within the South Stand as they "could" be the perpetrators. 

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Are you choosing to miss the point or don't you understand? You've named someone, publicly, who probably didn't do anything wrong.

There's loads of flags in there, it's just as likely to be anyone else as it was the person you mentioned. There are plenty of ways to find out who it was - naming people, at random, in an accusatory manner and thus potentially starting harmful rumours isn't going to help the situation.

Am I missing the point you ask? Hahaha. Have a day off pal. 

<name removed> will be questioned to discover if he took the flag or not, if it's a no which I'm sure it will be then that's the end of it if yes then I'm sure he can explain why and give the flag back. 

I've named him so if he has taken the flag, either by mistake or on purpose, S82 can retrieve it back, not to start any rumours or bring harm to the lad. Stop trying to blow something completely out of proportion.

28 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

They haven't stated which flag is missing so no need to name someone directly who could have had nothing to do it. Think that name should be removed.

I'm not normally one who calls for moderation on the forum, but with accusing someone with evidence which is circumstantial at best doesn't sit right with me either.  

17 minutes ago, BCFCDEL said:

I bet if I witnessed someone potentially steal from you, you'd want them named, the lads in S82 put a massive amount of effort in to all they do for some pikey runts to steal their flags. 

Did you actually witness the potential stealing though? 

Can you confirm it was that flag which went missing?

Can you confirm that no-one else touched it after the individual you named? 

2 hours ago, BCFCDEL said:

Am I missing the point you ask? Hahaha. Have a day off pal. 

<name removed> will be questioned to discover if he took the flag or not, if it's a no which I'm sure it will be then that's the end of it if yes then I'm sure he can explain why and give the flag back. 

I've named him so if he has taken the flag, either by mistake or on purpose, S82 can retrieve it back, not to start any rumours or bring harm to the lad. Stop trying to blow something completely out of proportion.

I think you could say that you knew someone, and then question them. Perhaps disclosing their name privately to relevant people is also acceptable, but slander is not on. These things should be on a need to know basis. Most of us do not need to know. 

Just want to bump this but also make the point that some of the missing flags were only recently purchased and only enjoying their 2nd outing. A lot of money was spent recently on 12 new 2-pole designs. 

I'm a positive thinking chap. This has happened before and the people that took them quickly owned up and confessed that if was a genuine mistake.  Hopefully the same can be said this time. 

So please, if anyone took them, or knows someone who did, please give me or BCFCS82 a message on here (or on Facebook/Twitter) where you'll also see these messages. No questions asked and no repercussions. I'm sure they were taken mistakenly. 

What we do really want to get across though is that all of our flags, banners and displays are 100% fan-funded. These are not BCFC property but are the property of the fans. There are about 15 fans who are actively making this thing happen, with the incredible support of everyone who's purchased stickers from us. It's bloody hard to keep this up and keep designing stickers, raising funds, designing flags, setting up displays, clearing up afterwards etc. So please, if you can, let me know if a flag was taken. 

I'm sure if these aren't returned, a funder could be set up. I know one surpassed £150 odd for the fella who'd lost his wallet at the gate, so I'm sure people would donate once knowing the costly nature of these flags. 

Keep up the hard work, doesn't go unnoticed by the fans, even if it is relatively ignored by the club. I saw people walking along the side road (name escapes me) to the left of the Atyeo with a few flags and they were mainly families who had clearly made an honest mistake, unfortunately I was in too much of a hurry to stop them, so sorry about that. 

I must say I met these lads the other sat morning putting flags out in section 82 and they work very hard to create a unique atmosphere at the gate ,so if your reading this and have a flag bring it back next home game ,nothing said.only I hope someone doesn't point you out as the flag nicker 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Getting the club to put out a tannoy announcement prior to kick off about the flags - and to be returned, and again, if possible 5 mins before time would prevent any 'misunderstandings' maybe ?

Given how few pay on the dayers there are that use that stand, and how pretty much everyone else knows it's a fan funded initiative, I'm amazed at how many flag were accidentally collected.

One or two over a season, can understand that, but 7 in one game?

I fear some deliberate dishonesty.

33 minutes ago, cider head said:

The chap that was named in this thread did take the flag home with him thinking they were free hand outs.

He is bringing it back next home game.

He has apologised - 1 flag back at least.

There we are.. That's why I named him, not to attach blame but to make sure we get the flag back in the case he had it. He's rightly owned up to his mistake and will return the flag!

14 minutes ago, BCFCDEL said:

There we are.. That's why I named him, not to attach blame but to make sure we get the flag back in the case he had it. He's rightly owned up to his mistake and will return the flag!

It's complete chance that you got the right person - doesn't make it right to name him simply because he was pictured holding a flag. You didn't have any evidence apart from that!

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Given how few pay on the dayers there are that use that stand, and how pretty much everyone else knows it's a fan funded initiative, I'm amazed at how many flag were accidentally collected.

One or two over a season, can understand that, but 7 in one game?

I fear some deliberate dishonesty.

Totally agree - how anyone can think such flags are a freebie is beyond me - but some tannoy reminders would focus minds and , I suggest making anyone forming an idea to slide off with one , a little nervous as their claims of misunderstanding if caught are a little hollow ;)

Hopefully this "mis-understanding" will be resolved. I sincerely hope so. Can anyone tell me how much is the cost of each flag? No doubt it varies depending on design, size etc. I know this is not the answer to a potential issue but I would be more than willing to make donations toward replacement flags and the fund in general. I am one of the many who benefit from the input and work and free time of the few raising funds etc. I can assure everyone from my point of view it is very much appreciated. I make the occasional purchase of stickers but in no way contribute enough and I am sure there are many in a similar situation to myself. It is difficult for me to give my time to the cause but I would be happy to dig deep and help - on a regular basis too. 

As I have posted in another thread...

All of this is fan led, And works because of a hard core putting in lots of time and effort. 

I saw a couple of people chucking flags on the floor yesterday and others walking off with them. If you want this to continue and grow then a) respect the flags and display items and b) come and help us pre and post match. It would be quite easy for this to stop very quickly. All help and support very much appreciated. 

Next time a flag is walking out the ground in someone's arms, being thrown to the floor or stood on. Please remind that person to return or treat with respect.

How can people think they are free handouts ? Maybe you need to be clearer about handing them back in, or maybe spend 10 seconds on a quick mobile snap of each person as you hand out/collect the flags. If any flags go missing, simple to look back and find out. I know it's not ideal, but better than losing all the hard work/money.

14 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Perhaps a sign on the wall of Block H to tell people? Or maybe a couple of people stand in the Atyeo exit gates and collect as people get outside?

unfortunately septic we decided to try to spread it across the stand, so we placed flags in people's seats in the hope they would be used. We didn't think people would use them and then take them home! 

Might need to place signs all over the stand now but the flag count now is so low that nothing could be out for the next two home games.  Even all the hand held st Georges, plus various red and white flags were taken too. 

Massive hit on what was building up to be a good collection. 

This is a bit awkward.  I picked up a scarf against West Ham last year.  Waved it around and then took it home.

Obviously, if I was sat in the Atyeo again I'd have exactly the same approach to a large flag thinking the one on my seat must be mine ... :blink:

22 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I'm sure if these aren't returned, a funder could be set up. I know one surpassed £150 odd for the fella who'd lost his wallet at the gate, so I'm sure people would donate once knowing the costly nature of these flags. 

Keep up the hard work, doesn't go unnoticed by the fans, even if it is relatively ignored by the club. I saw people walking along the side road (name escapes me) to the left of the Atyeo with a few flags and they were mainly families who had clearly made an honest mistake, unfortunately I was in too much of a hurry to stop them, so sorry about that. 

Happy to donate if a fund is setup..  its great the end as it it currently.

Awesome display on Saturday as evidenced by the recent tweet. 

As others have said, how the **** anyone can think they're 'free' to take away is beyond any sane person's comprehension. 

Well done to the organisers. Impressive. 

2 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

We can set one up via the SC&T payment collection system if the S82 guys and girls would like that.

That would be a very good gesture and I would think the lads would apreshiate it.

I would need to go to Ashton gate to stock take as the figure of £150 quoted was just the small hand held flags and I have been made aware that a fair few St. George flags on sticks are missing.

Very disappointed and in the years we had the EastEnd open we never had problems like this, it takes the shine off of all the hard work and what was a very good display.

Archived