IGNORED

Missing flags again!

BCFCS82

Hope you don't let this minority get you down S82.I firmly believe most fans,including those not in the Atyeo, greatly appreciate what you have already achieved and will continue to achieve. As an ex EastEnd /Williams and now current Atyeo St holder,you have certainly improved my match day enjoyment.

Pardon the bad language but what sort of a c*** nicks a city flag, paid for by fellow city fans, from the city ground! Utterly reprehensible behaviour. I'm not particularly "pro-flag" per se but surely to goodness you'd reasonably expect them to NOT be bloody stolen! Karma will strike, no doubt. 

I'm guessing the people that take the flags aren't aware they are meant to be left behind, and therefore they probably won't realise the display has been cancelled for the Derby game. This means that anybody waving a flag at that game has brought them back and are easy to spot :)

I'll willingly donate....I love seeing the displays from the South Stand....helps build an atmosphere.

I suggest starting a new thread when the donation but gets set up.  Would any photos (both official and un-official) help jog people's memories?

Gutted for you (all).

Hi everyone,

Right a big chat has taken place, we are in the hope that this must be a big misunderstanding and that people are unaware that they are not meant to be taken out of the stand. 

We really welcome your support and offer of gratitude to replace the flags, but we would like to leave it a week to see if the flags are returned before any sort of fundraising. This gives everyone a chance to return them, no questions will be asked, no names taken, nothing passed onto the club etc. 

Thank you again, and hopefully they will be back for the derby game, it may help if the club could put a tweet or article up! 

Ive enjoyed having a season ticket in the atyeo this season, and have renewed for next season already, so im more than happy to donate to a fund to keep this going!! The section 82 lads create a awesome atmosphere, i liked the balloons against ipswich and the foils on the weekend!! I sit with 4 other mates, we'd all be happy to chuck in a tenner each to keep this going!!

8 minutes ago, REBS14 said:

Genuine question, would the stewards standing at the exits be persuaded or asked to keep a vigilant eye out for any flags or display material being removed form the ground ?

I would have thought this could be the easiest approach. Wouldn't be easy sneaking one out

12 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

This kind of thing really winds me up. I think you guys are too trusting, for so many to go in one hit suggests something more sinister. 

unfortunately it appears to happen at all clubs, we have had some fan groups contact us. Watford for example, even though they are club funded still had 300 flags stolen in one game. 

16 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

This kind of thing really winds me up. I think you guys are too trusting, for so many to go in one hit suggests something more sinister. 

I think you could suggest it, if it was still the same blocks as usual, however as it was extended further afield so you'd hope not.

Just bumping this up again. Maybe there was some confusion about the flags being free gifts, but flagpoles? I didn't realise these items were so expensive, guess other people didn't eather. Sadly if they have gone home they might not come back now, hopefully they will return on Tuesday.

You do need plans put in place though for it not to happen again, can notices be put up asking people to leave all items behind. Can bins or something be placed by the exits for people to put them in and some fans stood nearby to politely police it, and then stewards can step in if needed (l doubt they would want to be involved unless necessary). You need plans in place as you can't waste time and money each week.

14 hours ago, Forza Revolution said:

Yep hard to believe how some people treat others property. One lad even slagged off the display to me a couple of times with his gang of mates. I couldn't be bothered to respond. 

Please return the flags and in future treat with repsect

There was a fiftieth birthday party Saturday for a well known City fan. It was attended by people who are in the Atyeo. They also had a few negative things to say about the Atyeo. This included people who do help out in the stand,

Similar was said about the Eastend. Flags went missing in the Eastend. Effort wasted. That is the theme.

What you are attempting is something quite different, A quasi Ultra - ish style that was considered a step too far in the past for Bristol City. Its a new identity. People often do not like new and different.

Maybe, that is maybe you should be listening and liaising with others more thoroughly.

2 hours ago, WTMS said:

There was a fiftieth birthday party Saturday for a well known City fan. It was attended by people who are in the Atyeo. They also had a few negative things to say about the Atyeo. This included people who do help out in the stand,

Similar was said about the Eastend. Flags went missing in the Eastend. Effort wasted. That is the theme.

What you are attempting is something quite different, A quasi Ultra - ish style that was considered a step too far in the past for Bristol City. Its a new identity. People often do not like new and different.

Maybe, that is maybe you should be listening and liaising with others more thoroughly.

Efforts absolutely not wasted in S82 - 99% of the fans are loving it and the other 1% that's a shame but I don't like the BS advertising around the ground but I get on with it and watch the game. 

Surprised about the "It was attended by people who are in the Atyeo. They also had a few negative things to say about the Atyeo. This included people who do help out in the stand," seeing as though the 8/10 people that 'help out' didn't go to the party...maybe 1 if you're lucky.

I think better communication that the flags are not to be taken away from the stands is the learning here, things are only going to get bigger and better in the Atyeo so this is key. 

It's a little naive on my behalf I guess, but I can't believe there's city fans who think nothing of stealing off other city fans. I hope these pikey scrotes get their just desserts! I'd be happy to see them given a life ban, a public shaming and a good kicking in a dark corner. 

48 minutes ago, UltraFaction said:

Efforts absolutely not wasted in S82 - 99% of the fans are loving it and the other 1% that's a shame but I don't like the BS advertising around the ground but I get on with it and watch the game. 

Surprised about the "It was attended by people who are in the Atyeo. They also had a few negative things to say about the Atyeo. This included people who do help out in the stand," seeing as though the 8/10 people that 'help out' didn't go to the party...maybe 1 if you're lucky.

I think better communication that the flags are not to be taken away from the stands is the learning here, things are only going to get bigger and better in the Atyeo so this is key. 

Send a pm? Phone call? Meet in Lions for a drink?

We can invite people who were present at that party to join in.

• Admin
29 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

It's a little naive on my behalf I guess, but I can't believe there's city fans who think nothing of stealing off other city fans

The REAL tell tale will be if they bring them back against Derby - on the basis they thought it was ok to take them home

14 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

See I kind of go the other way, because so many went it makes me think people have thought they were free, if it had been one or 2 then I would agree.

I don't believe as many as 30 city fans would 'knowingly' steal from the ground. 

• SC&T Board Members
2 minutes ago, Malaggro is back said:

Story now on the Bristol Post website typically with quotes lifted straight off here.

I've also asked the club to run something on this, so hopefully that will all help in clearing up the misunderstanding and getting the flags back.

Maybe the people that make the stickers could make some to be attached to the flag poles explaining that they belong to other fans and need to be left behind after the game?

At least then no one would have an excuse for not knowing and you'd be able tell if it is just pikeys stealing them.

On 10 avril 2016 at 14:02, cider head said:

The chap that was named in this thread did take the flag home with him thinking they were free hand outs.

He is bringing it back next home game.

He has apologised - 1 flag back at least.

There we are all a big misunderstanding . 

Now don't some of you look a tad 

:blink:

2 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

Maybe the people that make the stickers could make some to be attached to the flag poles explaining that they belong to other fans and need to be left behind after the game?

At least then no one would have an excuse for not knowing and you'd be able tell if it is just pikeys stealing them.

Was just about to post the same thing. Seems a relatively simple solution that should get the message across to anyone that may think they're free flags

Archived