IGNORED

Missing flags again!

BCFCS82

pretty sad to read about these flags going missing knowing how much time and money was into them. I think some have gone missing through genuine mistake of thinking they could take them home. I did see on the way home on ashton road a very young boy with his old man with a flag in his hand. No idea if this came from the Atyeo or not or if it was his own flag, but his old man should have known better. 

I also saw a group of lads who were in front of me walking down the road, a lad between 17-20 had a st. George flag wrapped up by his side. Only noticed this because the flag was actually attached to a wooden stick which I thought was not allowed in the ground. I thought at the time it was his own flag but after reading this thread it is obvious he has taken it. Let's hope his 3 other friends remind him to take it back. 

As someone has already mentioned perhaps a sticker to remind people not to take flags home or even a label on the back of the flag. 

8 hours ago, WTMS said:

There was a fiftieth birthday party Saturday for a well known City fan. It was attended by people who are in the Atyeo. They also had a few negative things to say about the Atyeo. This included people who do help out in the stand,

Similar was said about the Eastend. Flags went missing in the Eastend. Effort wasted. That is the theme.

What you are attempting is something quite different, A quasi Ultra - ish style that was considered a step too far in the past for Bristol City. Its a new identity. People often do not like new and different.

Maybe, that is maybe you should be listening and liaising with others more thoroughly.

6 hours ago, UltraFaction said:

Efforts absolutely not wasted in S82 - 99% of the fans are loving it and the other 1% that's a shame but I don't like the BS advertising around the ground but I get on with it and watch the game. 

Surprised about the "It was attended by people who are in the Atyeo. They also had a few negative things to say about the Atyeo. This included people who do help out in the stand," seeing as though the 8/10 people that 'help out' didn't go to the party...maybe 1 if you're lucky.

I think better communication that the flags are not to be taken away from the stands is the learning here, things are only going to get bigger and better in the Atyeo so this is key. 

5 hours ago, WTMS said:

Send a pm? Phone call? Meet in Lions for a drink?

We can invite people who were present at that party to join in.

UF you have since logged in since the above post and read the thread. Reply?

Superb effort this season by S82 lads. Great displays and literally hours of effort. Don't let the flag issue dampen the spirits. It's part of the process. Next season every in the Atyeo will understand the vibe and it will be rocking, with passion, noise and colour. There will always be moaners and doubters. It's really put Bcfc on the fan movement map. Regularly contacted by other clubs with praise. 

A big thanks to everybody for their words of support regarding the missing flags, including the clubs help and evening post.

We are not accusing anybody of stealing the missing flags , however , We are aware people could of either taken then by mistake or are worried about bringing them back now due to some of the posts around social media.

At the end of the day we just want to get them back so that the lads can carry on setting things up in the stand.

Please be assured if anybody does have one and wants to return it they can either drop off at the club or contact any of us and we will be happy to collect or even pop them in to the Three Lions  or Spanish bar or pop them on to the garden box in the Atyeo..

Cheers.

I would be interested in supporting the Flag cause by donating some cash. I am actually based in Brazil, moved out of Bristol 15 years ago but I think its great what you are doing and I would be happy to dip into my pocket to support the effort. 

Thanks 

14 minutes ago, DanBrazil said:

I would be interested in supporting the Flag cause by donating some cash. I am actually based in Brazil, moved out of Bristol 15 years ago but I think its great what you are doing and I would be happy to dip into my pocket to support the effort. 

Thanks 

All we have to do is send £1,500 via western union to release the funds.

It’s actually a genuine offer. I am from Backwell originally moved to Switzerland at the age 20 and since age 30 been living here in Brazil running a Business I started. If someone is genuinely interested and involved in this I would be happy to support the cause please PM me.

12 minutes ago, DanBrazil said:

It’s actually a genuine offer. I am from Backwell originally moved to Switzerland at the age 20 and since age 30 been living here in Brazil running a Business I started. If someone is genuinely interested and involved in this I would be happy to support the cause please PM me.

Just joking buddy. Just being your first post and all...

20 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:

Can you perhaps put a "flag Bucket" out side the Spanish bar people like me can throw in their "loose Change" towards the flag fund, or set up the sticker table but have a donate pot along side

That is a great shout.

• SC&T Board Members
2 hours ago, Forza Revolution said:

Superb effort this season by S82 lads. Great displays and literally hours of effort. Don't let the flag issue dampen the spirits. It's part of the process. Next season every in the Atyeo will understand the vibe and it will be rocking, with passion, noise and colour. There will always be moaners and doubters. It's really put Bcfc on the fan movement map. Regularly contacted by other clubs with praise. 

I'd second that. Only contacted last week by someone saying "We are currently making new research films and are particularly interested in the phenomenon of Ultras and their place in modern English football" and asking how to get in touch with Section 82.

Doing a great job!

14 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

I'd second that. Only contacted last week by someone saying "We are currently making new research films and are particularly interested in the phenomenon of Ultras and their place in modern English football" and asking how to get in touch with Section 82.

Doing a great job!

Much more to come. This is only the start. Not sure about research films mind ;-) 

• SC&T Board Members
24 minutes ago, Forza Revolution said:

Much more to come. This is only the start. Not sure about research films mind ;-) 

Yeah, stay in the shadows! Just keep doing the good stuff and leave everyone wondering who's behind it all!

BTW, seen the Dortmund ultras' plan for Thursday night at Anfield? Pure class.

Your right. Sorry mate. I just re-read my post and on a 2nd more careful read it does sound a bit aggressive from me..... . As you rightly said its my first few posts, getting used to it..... I have in fact been an avid daily reader for years.However due to distance (Switzerland and Brazil) I have only be able to attend the odd game or whenever we are on TV. So hard to comment with any merit when I have hardly attended a game...in the last 10 years.

Anyway my point was I think you boys have done a great job and I bet it helps the atmosphere and therefore the team. Well done. If I can help anyway please PM me...

4 hours ago, DanBrazil said:

How's the coffee??

16 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Yeah, stay in the shadows! Just keep doing the good stuff and leave everyone wondering who's behind it all!

BTW, seen the Dortmund ultras' plan for Thursday night at Anfield? Pure class.

Got a link?

I'm sure we've all seen security marked pub glasses, holiday park/hotel catering utensils etc printed/engraved with slogans such as, 'stolen from the ........ Inn' ..... 'property of ...... Holidays' ......... 'Not to be removed from .......' etc

How about future flag designs include a small logo like printed stamp along the above lines? ...all similar design so as to be easily recognisable and located in a similar place on each item eg bottom left or right hand corner of flag, 

Something like  ' belongs to .... ., 'do not remove/not to be removed from Atyeo Stand/ Ashton Gate '....,  'if found -please return to the Gate' .... etc etc 

Would eliminate confusion/doubt about 'ownership' and only people I can think of who might still be interested in 'obtaining' one would be the odd 'trophy hunter' from rival teams, can't imagine any real City supprorter wanting to keep an item that obviously belongs to fellow fans and is printed on to that effect.

Render the pointless things to steal, and if 'accidently borrowed' most would surely be returned.

Just an idea..

im sure most people innocently took them home, not everyone is fully in the know as regards s82, or drink in the spanish bar, or even log on to otib !   if people see them on the seat  they might naturally assume the club pt them there ?   

i go and watch somerset and for the t20 game you can pick up a handheld flag, which most people take home, although my lad takes it to the next game .

it must be hugely frustrating for the s82  guys, who get no help from the club, i still dont understand why flags have to be put up before every game, to be taken down again ,  another needless hurdle placed in the way ,  is there anyway i can buy stickers as only get to about  10 home games inc cups, etc due to work and lokking after kids ! could an ebay account be set up, or a crowdfunding to bring in money  over the summer ? or ebay as lots of fans could use  

17 minutes ago, kivsy said:

im sure most people innocently took them home, not everyone is fully in the know as regards s82, or drink in the spanish bar, or even log on to otib !   if people see them on the seat  they might naturally assume the club pt them there ?   

i go and watch somerset and for the t20 game you can pick up a handheld flag, which most people take home, although my lad takes it to the next game .

it must be hugely frustrating for the s82  guys, who get no help from the club, i still dont understand why flags have to be put up before every game, to be taken down again ,  another needless hurdle placed in the way ,  is there anyway i can buy stickers as only get to about  10 home games inc cups, etc due to work and lokking after kids ! could an ebay account be set up, or a crowdfunding to bring in money  over the summer ? or ebay as lots of fans could use  

Can't imagine that many rugby fans get invited to a Flint party, and maybe he wants to avoid gatecrasher. 

That would be why they get put away.

And if Frankie Fielding isn't in the building during a rugby game, people will probably blame Bristol Sport for not telling the truth.

20 minutes ago, kivsy said:

im sure the rugger boys wont mind !  thought they didnt open the atyeo  , only get about 5 thousand anyway , could fit them all in the dolman !!

They all go in the upper tier of the West stand, where the tickets are free, they can stand up and the beer is subsidised.

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Any idea if any have been handed in since the appeal?

Only 3 that I know of which is 1 printed hand held of flint and 2 St. George flags on poles. Two said they would bring them back the next home game and one said could someone collect from Filton.

Archived