IGNORED

Missing flags again!

BCFCS82

11 minutes ago, cider head said:

Very disappointed and in the years we had the EastEnd open 

Lots of similar things happened. Flags stolen. Poles snapped. Flags vandalised ( holes burned in them with cigarettes), flags chucked in puddles .. And on.

It goes with the territory.

Amusing at times e.g Random individuals getting in contact asking who the owner of the flag and landing net handle they discovered in the back garden months after it went missing was.

Nine years on a missing eighteen foot wide Poland flag has still not been sighted.

8 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Lots of similar things happened. Flags stolen. Poles snapped. Flags vandalised ( holes burned in them with cigarettes), flags chucked in puddles .. And on.

It goes with the territory.

Amusing at times e.g Random individuals getting in contact asking who the owner of the flag and landing net handle they discovered in the back garden months after it went missing was.

Nine years on a missing eighteen foot wide Poland flag has still not been sighted.

A fair bit of that was taken to flag days and some of our own designated flag users breaking stuff, puddles and not putting stuff away properly but most going missing I experienced from flag days.

yeah a few flags got fag burns but I don't think we ever had the amount go missing as in the Atyeo .

I believe the big Poland flag was taken back by the bloke who came up with the Forza name ;)

4 minutes ago, cider head said:

A fair bit of that was taken to flag days and some of our own designated flag users breaking stuff, puddles and not putting stuff away properly but most going missing I experienced from flag days.

yeah a few flags got fag burns but I don't think we ever had the amount go missing as i;)n the Atyeo .

I believe the big Poland flag was taken back by the bloke who came up with the Forza name

Yes flags at £180 at time and more were deliberately burned, several flags just disappeared from the stand - Stolen.

That is the way it is .. And it is no worse or better than it is at other clubs.  

23 hours ago, Forza Revolution said:

As I have posted in another thread...

All of this is fan led, And works because of a hard core putting in lots of time and effort. 

I saw a couple of people chucking flags on the floor yesterday and others walking off with them. If you want this to continue and grow then a) respect the flags and display items and b) come and help us pre and post match. It would be quite easy for this to stop very quickly. All help and support very much appreciated. 

Next time a flag is walking out the ground in someone's arms, being thrown to the floor or stood on. Please remind that person to return or treat with respect.

People are throwing Bristol City flags on the floor and standing on them?

I need to let that sink in a moment...

What is wrong with people...where has all the respect gone these days... And fans wonder why certain parts of the population tar football fans as scum. So sad...

2 hours ago, cider head said:

That would be a very good gesture and I would think the lads would apreshiate it.

I would need to go to Ashton gate to stock take as the figure of £150 quoted was just the small hand held flags and I have been made aware that a fair few St. George flags on sticks are missing.

Very disappointed and in the years we had the EastEnd open we never had problems like this, it takes the shine off of all the hard work and what was a very good display.

A stock take would need to be taken your right ciderhead, from a rough count nearly half the two poles have been taken, nearly all the st Georges plus nearly all the smaller red and white hand held flags. Some were only purchased Saturday!!

I think many on here are more than happy to support S82,but the question seems to be,once the flags are replaced,how to prevent theft and misuse of the flags.Some people make me truly despair.Your hard work is greatly appreciated S82.

6 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I think many on here are more than happy to support S82,but the question seems to be,once the flags are replaced,how to prevent theft and misuse of the flags.Some people make me truly despair.Your hard work is greatly appreciated S82.

You never know the club might put a bit in the letter that comes with season tickets for the atyeo stand saying "Flags are fan paid and activity in this stand is not club funded" etc 

Or I think we will have to print leaflets out to tape up around the stand saying "please do not take flags" etc. 

I'd perhaps station a couple of people on the turnstiles at the next home games (Derby and Huddersfield). Chances are people who took them, will bring them back to wave again. That way, you can explain who they really belong to and spread the word a bit. Some may also turn up as well on Sat at Brentford so might be worth keeping an eye out there too.

8 minutes ago, BCFCS82 said:

You never know the club might put a bit in the letter that comes with season tickets for the atyeo stand saying "Flags are fan paid and activity in this stand is not club funded" etc 

Or I think we will have to print leaflets out to tape up around the stand saying "please do not take flags" etc. 

Your enthusiasm is a credit to you mate.Could be a good idea with the season ticket reminder.No excuses then.

Simple.

Report the 'theft' to the club, ask them to review CCTV (if the flags aren't returned or replaced by the end of the next home game or by prior appointment).

And see what comes back to you. People aren't going to risk being named and shamed (or denied entry) for the sake of a flag.

A bit extreme, possibly. But unless this is nipped in the bud I can see the problems continuing. 

• SC&T Board Members
33 minutes ago, BCFCS82 said:

A stock take would need to be taken your right ciderhead, from a rough count nearly half the two poles have been taken, nearly all the st Georges plus nearly all the smaller red and white hand held flags. Some were only purchased Saturday!!

I suggest you ask Adam Baker to run a piece on the OS about this. It sounds like the fairly recent experience of finding a free scarf on their seat has led some people to think that the flags were a similar gift from the club. I'm sure most will come back if the people are made aware of their mistake. The OS will be a good vehicle for doing that.

In the meantime, I'll sort out a donation button this evening. Do you have a good image of the Section 82 'logo' that you could send me?

21 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

I suggest you ask Adam Baker to run a piece on the OS about this. It sounds like the fairly recent experience of finding a free scarf on their seat has led some people to think that the flags were a similar gift from the club. I'm sure most will come back if the people are made aware of their mistake. The OS will be a good vehicle for doing that.

In the meantime, I'll sort out a donation button this evening. Do you have a good image of the Section 82 'logo' that you could send me?

Did you not see the new logo in this thread?

• SC&T Board Members
7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Did you not see the new logo in this thread?

Yeah, I've seen photos of the banner. What I could do with is the original image from which the banner was made. No probs if nobody has access to it.

39 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Hello Blagdon,

Thanks for offering this, I've just running it past the others to see if they are happy to accept the gratitude of everyone as they may already have some plans for the replacements, so wouldn't want to take anyone's hard earned money etc

We have already asked the club to put a tweet out regarding the flags but it appears this has been overlooked. 

From Section82

It is with much regret that the planned flag display for the Derby County match on the 19th , has had to be cancelled .

Following the lose of 7 X 2 pole flags and virtually all St Georges cross flags , we do now not have enough flags to complete the display
Whilst I'm sure some were taken by mistake and are being returned , there are still too many missing to fulfil what is required
It is a great disappointment , firstly for those that give up their time both before and after any home game to prepare the stand , but also for those who believe these displays add to the atmosphere we are trying to develop .

I hope everybody understands the decision

Thanks and sorry

http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/LionsBS3/slideshow/Hand%20Held%20Flags?sort=3

Archived