IGNORED

A lovely bit of Oskar related news to end a cracking day

Dollymarie

Well anyone listening to 606 right now would have just heard the news that our very own Oskar is on the shortlist for the Captial one "Supporter of the year" he has won the nomination for the Championship across the whole country. 

He's off to a swanky do in a few weeks where the winner overall for the Championship, League one and League two will be announced. 

Needless to say he is very excited! 

I just tuned for only the second time this season and they were discussing Football League Fan of the Year Awards.

They then spoke to Bristol City's Oscar Pycroft who is the front runner for the Championship Fan of the Year!

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

Ah ok. Hope Oscar has a great day!

Don't worry, everyone says "there's Oskar" or "hello Oskar" to my lad, and I have to point it out to them, otherwise they think he's being rude / ignorant by not acknowledging them :P 

Sometimes though he does this though...:facepalm: 

Here they are together at Cardiff (away game)!

20151026_192911000_iOS.jpg

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And Joe is in the South Stand next to his embarrassing Dad, as per Sky Sports!

I am sure Joe is a unique special soul worthy of acknowledgment in his own right. Loved his smile on the Sky highlights when we scored the first.

45 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

Obviously we are all sure Oskar will go on to win this. I am sure he will. But who is he up against. Who are the other nominee's?

The three fans on the shortlist are: 

Oskar Pycroft (Bristol City) – Championship

Eight year-old Oskar never misses a Bristol City home match and his own home is awash with club merchandise and memorabilia. He has cerebral palsy but his devotion and passion for his club, along with the dedication he has shown in his long battle to walk so he could lead out his team, has made him an inspiration to his fellow fans and anyone fighting against a severe illness or disease. Not only has he become a totemic figure at Ashton Gate, his passion as a fan has resonated with others to the extent he even inspired fans of rivals Bristol Rovers to back his cause. 

Tommy Leggett (Colchester United) – League 1

Tommy is a Colchester United fan whose support for the club has helped him to make a difference. His son Alfie was diagnosed with a rare condition which will leave him blind and most-likely deaf as he grows older. In order to raise money for him and having to start at 4:30am, Tommy recently ran nearly 40 miles from his sides’ Weston Community Home Stadium to their Essex rivals, Southend United’s, Roots Hall Stadium, arriving in time for the derby. He raised over £3,500 for Alfie’s treatment, uniting two sets of supporters who for every other day of the year will be ardent rivals. 

Pat Custard (Yeovil Town) – League 2

Pat is a woman who would do anything for anyone and her selflessness has made her a massive part of Yeovil Town Football Club. Pat volunteers at the club to help improve matchdays for other supports and people visiting Huish Park – anything from arranging tickets for fans who cannot get to the ticket office to painting the ground during pre-season. Pat also follows Yeovil up and down the country, never missing a match and even insisting on paying for her season ticket despite her dedication to helping out at the club preventing her from catching the whole of games. 

Full details: http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2016/flawards-capital-one-supporter-of-the-year-shortlist-announced-3049978.aspx

Could be a messy awards night if people turn up with 'Custard Pyes cause mayhem and Leggett) :)

Everyone of the nominees are for different reasons already worthy winners, good luck to all of them, hope they all have a great night to remember....

- there will be no losers on the night, they are all already Winners!

On 9 April 2016 at 19:22, cityexile said:

Great news.

Out of interest, us That Oskar celebrating the first goal on the sky highlights in the other thread?

Probably best you ask @Davefevs as I can't find the clip easily now.

Adam Baker tweeted there will be a live stream of the event tonight on you tube, so we can watch and see if Oskar wins :) 

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Probably best you ask @Davefevs as I can't find the clip easily now.

Adam Baker tweeted there will be a live stream of the event tonight on you tube, so we can watch and see if Oskar wins :) 

Do you know what time it is on Dolly?

Archived