IGNORED

Anyone bothered about Man City?

Jack Dawe

Through to the CL semis for the first time. With Joe Hart, their one English player. Chelsea were positively bulldog with John Terry, Lampard, Ashley Cole.

I don't really care much whether Man City's expensively assembled collection of overseas talent triumphs in Europe, or if Chelsea's expensively assembled collection of overseas talent flops in Europe. Not bothered. I'm quite pleased though to see Paris' expensively assembled collection of overseas talent defeated by Man City's expensively assembled...lot. Don't know why. Can it be jingoism?

It's all very different from 1977 to 1984. Glory days, those were. 1967 and 1968 too.

The best bit about tonight, fer me, was the wonderful booooooing of the Uefa CL theme prior to kick off. For that alone, I would like to see Man City's expensively assembled collection of overseas talent make the final and hear the booooos ring out before all the expensively assembled free loaders and back hander bribing dignitaries of uefa, stood to attention in the vip seats.

We could lend Man City our very own @Thatch35 to boooooo moon the b******s....

43 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Don't give a monkey's about any European competitions.

It's not like we even have a sniff of entering them, despite David Russe's Reform Group's promises of "nights of European glory" down the Gate, 30 odd yeas ago.

I remember that. They were chucking leaflets out the windows of the bar in the Williams Stand to the car park below. 

All seemed very exciting at the time. Even renewed my passport in readiness. 

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Don't give a monkey's about any European competitions.

It's not like we even have a sniff of entering them, despite David Russe's Reform Group's promises of "nights of European glory" down the Gate, 30 odd yeas ago.

Was this the false dawn outfit that promised top flight football in 3 years and a trophy in 5?

28 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Judging by the empty seats on display, it seems their fans aren't overly arsed either. 

I was there (I like going and I like Manchester city to win when I do, although I'm never really arsed if they don't) and in fairness it was a 53,000 crowd.

Decent game with a decent atmosphere and I enjoyed myself.

4 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Pleased to see that arrogant Swedish **** Ibrahimovich go out of the competition.

Hope to God he doesn't sign for a club in this country.

Couldn't disagree more. I personally love players with arrogance. Great to watch. 

I am. Simply because our 4 champions league places are under threat. This article explains it.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/uefa-champions-league/story/2617221/could-the-premier-league-lose-a-champions-league-place

With Chelseas win dropping off of the points total we need to get as many points as possible to try and stay ahead.

With Leicester qualified and Spurs likely to qualify and even possibly West Ham then it's really not looking too good for this country.

7 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

I would like to see Man C win it; as that would certainly piss Man U fans off.

And then if Man U failed to qualify for the CL next year, it would be doubly hilarious !

Yes having gone to see cityv monchengladbach game in Germany with man city mates I met 25 years ago when they were league one on our level always gives you hope that we could get there although very unlikely in my lifetime cracking couple of days away stayed in cologne twenty of us three from Bristol will go to the final in San siro should they get there but doesn't give me the buzz like watching our boys

11 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Pleased to see that arrogant Swedish **** Ibrahimovich go out of the competition.

Hope to God he doesn't sign for a club in this country.

I honestly can't see how you can think this.  The guy is amazingly talented and hard-working.  From the backstreets of Malmo to winning 5 different European Leagues, the Puskas Award, and more team of the year awards than you can count.  He was awarded a trademark of his name and his name is a verb in the Swedish dictionary.  I'd say he's earned a little bit of confidence.  He'd be incredible in the Premier League.

Give this a read if you dare to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zlatan_Ibrahimovi%C4%87

6 hours ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Couldn't disagree more. I personally love players with arrogance. Great to watch. 

It's also refreshing that he's not just "The lads worked hard and at the end of the day we take each game as it comes" cliches.  He has the audacity to have something different to say.

I have no opinion on Man City.

I had a real soft spot for Man City, before the money

We know what it's like for a team in the same City to suffer in the shadows of their far superior neighbours, and Maine Road was a great, old fashioned stadium. Then the money come and I couldn't give a flying **** about them. Although there was a comment from Thaigo Silva yesterday that Zlatan shouldn't come to the Prem as it's a step down.....that irked me somewhat, so I'm glad City won last night

That said I'm hoping that Benfica or Athletico win the Cup, one in the eye for the big boys. If one of the big boys has to win it, I hope it's Bayern, I love watching them play

Looking forward to seeing Leicester & Tottenham in there next season, not that I subscribe, so I can't actually watch the games - but it will be nice to hear different names being spoken about

3 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Yes having gone to see cityv monchengladbach game in Germany with man city mates I met 25 years ago when they were league one on our level always gives you hope that we could get there although very unlikely in my lifetime cracking couple of days away stayed in cologne twenty of us three from Bristol will go to the final in San siro should they get there but doesn't give me the buzz like watching our boys

No problem with their fans, particularly the ones that go back to Maine Rd days. A loyal and good humoured lot, added much to the terrace culture of our game. It's just the team on the pitch. No interest or fondness for any of them

Archived