IGNORED

Anyone bothered about Man City?

Jack Dawe

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I'm surprised people want an "English team" to go out, I love Hart so to see him drag them through all the way to final and then win it would be nice. 

English club. Globetrotter team. I neither wanted them to go out, or go through. I'm just not moved by the notion of one international collection of players beating another international collection of players. Where's the story in that?

This thread is so Ironic...

As a club we are striving to become Prem level.

I wonder how many foreign players we would have if we did? Or even a foreign manager! Wasn't Benny the last one?

Funny how the game moves so fast...Bournemouth saying they don't need the head scout we are taking off them, as they need higher profile players that he wouldn't know about from abroad.

2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yes I know some would actually not want success, I don't get it, but I realise it's how some might feel despite all the investment into the infrastructure, let alone the size of Bristol. But hey we are City the biggest club in the League that have never been in the Prem....nice.

We were in the top flight in the 70s.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

I wonder how many foreign players we would have if we did? Or even a foreign manager! Wasn't Benny the last one?

Funny how the game moves so fast...Bournemouth saying they don't need the head scout we are taking off them, as they need higher profile players that he wouldn't know about from abroad.

Don't think people are taking an issue with man city having foreign players, for me it's about not wanting us to become a team full of mercenaries like man city or Chelsea, 2 totally different issues.

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

Don't think people are taking an issue with man city having foreign players, for me it's about not wanting us to become a team full of mercenaries like man city or Chelsea, 2 totally different issues.

Isn't that the majority of Prem teams?

15 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

English club. Globetrotter team. I neither wanted them to go out, or go through. I'm just not moved by the notion of one international collection of players beating another international collection of players. Where's the story in that?

I know it's almost fashionable nowadays to have a distain towards the elite clubs in this country but the way I see it is that Man C are representing the premier league, and are therefore representing the country. I don't see why you wouldn't support them

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Isn't that the majority of Prem teams?

I don't think so, the wages are vastly higher at the premier league clubs, undoubtedly, but wouldn't say all prem clubs are full of mercenaries.

Perhaps a better way of showing my point is that I'd rather City got to the prem in a manner nearer Southamptons or Swanseas, aiming to push on from there, over going from mid table to competing at the top by spending just under 1 billion in a 4 year period.

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I know it's almost fashionable nowadays to have a distain towards the elite clubs in this country but the way I see it is that Man C are representing the premier league, and are therefore representing the country. I don't see why you wouldn't support them

I used to go and watch Man City when I lived in Rusholme, and standing on the Kippax watching Quinn, Holden and Phelan is a world different to this:
https://www.mcfc.com/mdhospitality/unique-experiences/harvey-nichols-box

Had a soft spot for them then.  Couldn't give a stuff about them now.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

I wonder how many foreign players we would have if we did? Or even a foreign manager! 

Then I would be interested, as it would be my club. But I find myself unmoved by Man City with their miscellaneous bunch of millionaires getting to the EC semis for the first time now. It would've been different years ago.

There are many older (over 40) City fans who do not necessarily crave or long for getting to the Prem. It's not the be all and end all, because of the way the game especially at the top has gone now. Much of it is a turn off and thoroughly disliked 

13 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Then I would be interested, as it would be my club. But I find myself unmoved by Man City with their miscellaneous bunch of millionaires getting to the EC semis for the first time now. It would've been different years ago.

There are many older (over 40) City fans who do not necessarily crave or long for getting to the Prem. It's not the be all and end all, because of the way the game especially at the top has gone now. Much of it is a turn off and thoroughly disliked 

Indeed...but you will be replaced...then you'll end up on a forum complaining about it. ;-)

16 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I used to go and watch Man City when I lived in Rusholme, and standing on the Kippax watching Quinn, Holden and Phelan is a world different to this:
https://www.mcfc.com/mdhospitality/unique-experiences/harvey-nichols-box

Had a soft spot for them then.  Couldn't give a stuff about them now.

Bring it on...would love that...making cocktails, whisky tasting and watching football...what's not to like.

Oh I know...standing in the rain, being pissed on, standing in piss...getting my head smashed in and seeing it all through rose tinted glasses ;-)

Actually...take away the many knob head fans I have to sit next to, especially the ones who steal from their own, and shout bollox, and let me chill with my mates and girlfriends watching footy in this environment...then i'd be more than happy.

44 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yes I know some would actually not want success, I don't get it, but I realise it's how some might feel despite all the investment into the infrastructure, let alone the size of Bristol. But hey we are City the biggest club in the League that have never been in the Prem....nice.

Don't confuse not wanting success with not wanting success at any price. We all want the club to succeed. However the way Cardiff achieved their "success" in reaching the Premier League, is certainly not something I would want for our club. Likewise many of us do care who owns the club and how they go about their business.

A foreign owner with no understanding or respect for the club or its traditions and values would concern many of us. Too many fans now feel a sense of detachment from their club. If you no longer feel a part of it, there is little enjoyment to be gained however well the team is doing.

Yes Ok they have invested heavily in players but also they have invested significant amounts in the whole Etihad Complex. Even their youth team has their own stadium that many league one or two clubs would envy!!

Eventually all that will bear fruits.

Chelsea I don't like at all. But Man City just feels different to me.

9 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Yes Ok they have invested heavily in players but also they have invested significant amounts in the whole Etihad Complex. Even their youth team has their own stadium that many league one or two clubs would envy!!

Eventually all that will bear fruits.

Chelsea I don't like at all. But Man City just feels different to me.

Haven't they just...and you're average fan would have no idea.

Chelsea are doing a Panini version of collecting players and putting them out on loan...it's totally nuts how many they have.

Archived