IGNORED

Season tickets (merged)

gordie

Here'sa question for anyone who managed to do it online.

We moved to the West stand, a mate got the tickets had my details then I rang to set up direct debit. All good.

What I can't see is , when I log into my Bristol Sport account I still don't have an option to buy tickets. Plus apparently I don't have a ST at all, this year or next. Do they show up for anyone else ??

EDIT: I mean in the list section, nothing showing.

I'm playing 229 squid for my Atyeo which decided by 23 will be roughly 10 per game. Living in London I can't make all matches but that is dirt cheap, compared with cinimas that cost 7 these days for a shit Hollywood flick (though I enjoyed spotlight) or upwards of 30-40 for a decent show. Plus Neil Young is 50 at the o2 and that is for the cheapest stalls! Can't complain and if they play like they have vs Bolton and Sheffield I'll be laughing as we go to the Prem! Oi @Fordy62 I think this is a positive post!

14 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think I saw somewhere they`ve sold 2500 for next season

You must've misread that!

250,000 sold for next season at least! I also heard they're expanding their car park so they have more room for those who are lucky enough to not get in the minimal ground

We're not really attempting to market it this year either, which is surprising considering the stadium will be fully rebuilt. It does seem like the club is satisfied with it being half full.

Someone needs to bring out that 'More points than Chelsea' advertising hoarding again.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

We're not really attempting to market it this year either, which is surprising considering the stadium will be fully rebuilt. It does seem like the club is satisfied with it being half full.

Someone needs to bring out that 'More points than Chelsea' advertising hoarding again.

I can't remember where, but I've definitely seen adverts for season tickets recently.

7 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

I've seen advertisements for City season tickets on North Street and in Cabot Circus.

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I've seen advertisements for City season tickets on North Street and in Cabot Circus.

Yep, I've also seen one on Bath road, by the Bris Hill traffic lights.

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Ah, good to hear. I've yet to see any, so hope they broaden it a bit more or I've just coincidentally missed them all! Would love to see AG as full as possible. Now is the best time.

Unfortunately I won't be renewing next season. Saying that though, the times I've had a season ticket we've always struggled!

actually the times I've had one, I don't think we've finished in the top half once!!

You can thank me later.

21 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

There's billboards on Bath Road, posters in the subway at Temple Meads. It's being marketed.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Yep, I've also seen one on Bath road, by the Bris Hill traffic lights.

7 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

There's billboards on Bath Road, posters in the subway at Temple Meads. It's being marketed.

The by Bains Fireplaces on Bristol Hill was up a few weeks back but was replaced last week - must admit not seen any at BTM thought they were all advertising the VR in Bristol / Bath (will look on the way home)

40 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So praising someone for buying a season ticket even though they can't make every game is wrong.

Apologies that my Dad had a stroke and can't make use of one of slarti's tickets....

think before you post.

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

The by Bains Fireplaces on Bristol Hill was up a few weeks back but was replaced last week - must admit not seen any at BTM thought they were all advertising the VR in Bristol / Bath (will look on the way home)

Also one up st george near kingswood.

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

Bristol Rugby on the left if you're going from platforms 3/4 in direction of 5/7 and City on the right hand side.

2 hours ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Can you please explain why the club would build a 27,000 seater stadium and be "satisfied with it being half full"?

What a ridiculous conclusion to come to.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Can you please explain why the club would build a 27,000 seater stadium and be "satisfied with it being half full"?

What a ridiculous conclusion to come to.

I said it seems like it, not that they are. Not really pushing the marketing out and ST prices only frozen. Need POTD prices to drop drastically now, if there's to be any hope.

11 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

I said it seems like it, not that they are. Not really pushing the marketing out and ST prices only frozen. Need POTD prices to drop drastically now, if there's to be any hope.

Hope of what? Filling the stadium I assume you mean.

There is an obsession on this forum with filling the ground. Whilst we'd all love to see that, the first priority HAS to be to maximise revenues. Filling the stadium does not equate to the same thing.

If you reduce season ticket prices, that will primarily encourage non-STH regulars to sign up. Therefore your POTD income falls through the floor, you lose out on more valuable match ticket sales, and existing STH who would have paid  £300-400 anyway generate you less money. Therefore reduced season ticket prices will have a limited impact in increasing the overall fanbase, because prospective new fans won't dive straight into a season ticket.

Furthermore, since all of our matches have made general sale this year, we know we are only selling about 1,500 member tickets a game. That doesn't suggest a huge second tier of support who might buy a season ticket if the price was right.

POTD prices are more relevant when it comes to increasing support levels. Cheaper prices would encourage regulars to come more often and entice new supporters as well.

37 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Hope of what? Filling the stadium I assume you mean.

There is an obsession on this forum with filling the ground. Whilst we'd all love to see that, the first priority HAS to be to maximise revenues. Filling the stadium does not equate to the same thing.

If you reduce season ticket prices, that will primarily encourage non-STH regulars to sign up. Therefore your POTD income falls through the floor, you lose out on more valuable match ticket sales, and existing STH who would have paid  £300-400 anyway generate you less money. Therefore reduced season ticket prices will have a limited impact in increasing the overall fanbase, because prospective new fans won't dive straight into a season ticket.

Furthermore, since all of our matches have made general sale this year, we know we are only selling about 1,500 member tickets a game. That doesn't suggest a huge second tier of support who might buy a season ticket if the price was right.

POTD prices are more relevant when it comes to increasing support levels. Cheaper prices would encourage regulars to come more often and entice new supporters as well.

Exactly. No wonder the high streets are full of empty shops with some of the entrepreneurial thinking round here.

• Admin
3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Bristol Rugby on the left if you're going from platforms 3/4 in direction of 5/7 and City on the right hand side.

The Football and rugby are all the way through the underpass , good to see us as you arrive into Temple Meads 

8 hours ago, adamc6203 said:

It's all well and good selling cheap season tickets so we have a large attendance, but THINK OF THE TRAFFIC!!! :sad26:

I often wondered how many people are put off attending ashton gate from bristol and the surrounding areas as we know it is a nightmare on match days. Mr Lansdown has a brown field site that he is making no money on, if this was turned into a car park even if it was just half of the site. £2-3 per car, probably £10 for coaches from the surrounding areas. At least they would have somewhere to park. This would create extra revenue for the club, what a waste of opportunity there. Unless it has been planned for housing like the other side has been. With thousands of new houses being planned the traffic is only going to get worse. 

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

People say it's expensive but it is not. It can be expensive if you would like it to be. Like Bristol. 

Very true. Ye Sweden always been one of those countries I would like to visit and if city toured there that would be a great excuse to go 

• Admin
3 hours ago, BCFC Jordan said:

At the moment we are still in the renewals only stage of sale, and for that every single eligible purchaser has had a flyer posted to the address held on file for them. I'm sure we will see a bigger PR push once we move into the General Sales period. 

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Ian M said:

At the moment we are still in the renewals only stage of sale, and for that every single eligible purchaser has had a flyer posted to the address held on file for them. I'm sure we will see a bigger PR push once we move into the General Sales period. 

Very true - it was pointless going for new sales before they could actually purchase them

Story is out now about 10k sales so it makes people listen

If I remember on the way to Brentford in the morning I'll get a pick of the posters - they are smart

21 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

That's a very poor number Imo especially after a brand new rebuild

That's it be positive as usual! Nothing suggests it will be that low , I think it will around 15 k at least, could be more.

29 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I never, not that it matters as I have already renewed tho

41 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

That's it be positive as usual! Nothing suggests it will be that low , I think it will around 15 k at least, could be more.

Well tbh I didn't realise season ticket holders still had until Monday to renew and then the swap seat and member deadlines are couple of weeks away.

I'm not stating the final figure will be over 10 k because it's obviously going to improve but if it doesn't beat last year's total then it's a bit poo 

It's looking as if 90% of Season Ticket holders will renew , which is PDG. Always going to lose a few along the way due to changing circumstances ( financial, occupational , health ,etc) . 

Some of those not renewing will go Forever Bristol/ POTD . 

Renewals though are the easy bit . It's getting new Season Tickets on board where the challenge lies . This is where Bristol Sport will show how good the marketing department is or isn't . If they can attract another 4000 , then they'll have done very well . 

Summer signings might then add a few more, and with good results and continued marketing should expect about 18,000 Home fans per game . 

3 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

I often wondered how many people are put off attending ashton gate from bristol and the surrounding areas as we know it is a nightmare on match days. Mr Lansdown has a brown field site that he is making no money on, if this was turned into a car park even if it was just half of the site. £2-3 per car, probably £10 for coaches from the surrounding areas. At least they would have somewhere to park. This would create extra revenue for the club, what a waste of opportunity there. Unless it has been planned for housing like the other side has been. With thousands of new houses being planned the traffic is only going to get worse. 

Apparently we can`t (same with the park and ride) as there isn`t a `safe` walking route to AG.

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:
31 minutes ago, redapple said:

Summer signings might then add a few more, and with good results and continued marketing should expect about 18,000 Home fans per game . 

Which ,oddly enough was where we were at when I first watched City in 65-66 !

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Apparently we can`t (same with the park and ride) as there isn`t a `safe` walking route to AG.

This could be an option for a plan, makes it safer for the fans to get to the stadium.

Ashton vale.jpg

10 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

The thing is with the P&R is First and Bristol Sport agreed a deal months ago, but BCC are failing to approve it. 

Won`t we contribute to Red Trousers`s re-election campaign or something? I would have thought a solution like this is exactly what the council want us to do but I suppose they`re against it because they didn`t think of it and there`s no money in it for them.

Tossers.

Guest clerk

I'm trying to renew online (Atyeo). A message comes up saying:  '' The following subscription(s) cannot be renewed online. It seems that your seats are already occupied ''.

What does this mean? Has anybody else had this message? It's the deadline tonight and the office is closed so can't ring them.....

38 minutes ago, clerk said:

I'm trying to renew online (Atyeo). A message comes up saying:  '' The following subscription(s) cannot be renewed online. It seems that your seats are already occupied ''.

What does this mean? Has anybody else had this message? It's the deadline tonight and the office is closed so can't ring them.....

just pick another seat in the atyeo. you probably currently have a seat that will be away tickets next season.

41 minutes ago, clerk said:

Just go to the map and pick different seats, the system has to give each person a seat, but the stand is unallocated seating so pick a random seat.

Guest clerk
38 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

just pick another seat in the atyeo. you probably currently have a seat that will be away tickets next season.

Just done it! Thank you mate! Nearly shat myself for a second there.....the thought of no season ticket next year. Thanks CITYAREREDANDWHITE as well.

Phew...

5 minutes ago, BCFCDEL said:

Anyone who has purchased a season ticket using the 10 monthly instalments option. Is there an upfront charge and when does the first payment take place? Cheers

Don't quote me on it ( ironic seeing I just quoted you) , I think the lady said the first payment would be next month. That I think is the odd ammount and the rest is broken into 9 equal payments.

16 minutes ago, BCFCDEL said:

Anyone who has purchased a season ticket using the 10 monthly instalments option. Is there an upfront charge and when does the first payment take place? Cheers

I think for the South stand there is a £35 extra charge for monthly payments

3 hours ago, Blazeyrobins said:

I think for the South stand there is a £35 extra charge for monthly payments

there is a £25 admin fee on ST's bought through DD, it's not stand specific.

So today renewed ST holders can transfer seats so I looked online to see what was now free, given how many have transferred to the Williams....and all I could see was a sea of red unavailable tickets.

I rang the ticket office thinking this was inaccurate, but the guy was adamant the online screen is correct.

So available seats before open sale are -

Atyeo - 96

Dolman - 2351

South - 1573

Williams - 1821.

Someone else can calculate how many seats this means we have sold.

But before the top tier is opened, we only have a maximum 3841 seats still available.

Not sure how many more ST sales we will get once they become available to members and general fans (and the seat options are pretty poor if there are more than two of you), but POTD numbers may be fairly small before triggering a need to open the sacred upper tier. It might well be a good call anyway, as not many people will want to pay for a ticket in the front rows or end wings.

Does suggest sales going well, regardless of your views on pricing?

27 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

So today renewed ST holders can transfer seats so I looked online to see what was now free, given how many have transferred to the Williams....and all I could see was a sea of red unavailable tickets.

I rang the ticket office thinking this was inaccurate, but the guy was adamant the online screen is correct.

Atyeo - 96

Dolman - 2351

South - 1573

Williams - 1821.

But before the top tier is opened, we only have a maximum 3841 seats still available.

Not sure how many more ST sales we will get once they become available to members and general fans (and the seat options are pretty poor if there are more than two of you), but POTD numbers may be fairly small before triggering a need to open the sacred upper tier. It might well be a good call anyway, as not many people will want to pay for a ticket in the front rows or end wings.

So about half the Dolman is available ?

33 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Atyeo - 96

Dolman - 2351

South - 1573

Williams - 1821.

Interesting point about buying front row tickets.  As a member who picks and chooses my games, I would probably save my money for another day if only front row was available - unless it was an unmissable fixture.  I would expect the club to open the top tier before it reached the stage of only front row tickets remaining - I think they know they would potentially lose ticket sales if they insisted on completely filling the lower bowl first.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, RedM said:

How do I see what's available.Do I have to log into my account or something, I don't really want to do this as knowing my luck I will somehow give my seat away!

Log back in and chose to buy another ticket - you can view from there

Guest Malaggro is back

Just been on the Bristol Sport site and as of 5 minutes ago there were 5749 seats available in the home sections before we include the West Stand Upper.

The numbers do not differ too much from what I was seeing at 10.00am. On thinking about it there are many areas Corporate and Community that are showing as none available that will be dealt with on a game by game basis this could account for anything from 500 to 1000 seats. So I think a very high percentage have renewed from last season. 

6 minutes ago, Malaggro is back said:

Just been on the Bristol Sport site and as of 5 minutes ago there were 5749 seats available in the home sections before we include the West Stand Upper.

Doing the maths, roughly 5k upper tier? Taking us down to 22k. 2.5k away roughly. Taking us down to 19.5k. 5750 available would take us to 13,750 sold so far. Unless they're saving some for POTD. I've got no clue about stuff like that.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Doing the maths, roughly 5k upper tier? Taking us down to 22k. 2.5k away roughly. Taking us down to 19.5k. 5750 available would take us to 13,750 sold so far. Unless they're saving some for POTD. I've got no clue about stuff like that.

27k - 3k (away fans as only 1k home in Ayteo) - 4k (Top Tier Guess) - 6k (available rounded) - 3k (Corporate and kids not for sale like central Williams) = 11k

They said we had passed 10k but seeing as it was all renewals and we capped tickets at what 12.5k last season? I'd put us somewhere between 11k and 12.5k.

Archived