IGNORED

Season tickets (merged)

gordie

2 hours ago, BCFC Jordan said:

We're not really attempting to market it this year either, which is surprising considering the stadium will be fully rebuilt. It does seem like the club is satisfied with it being half full.

Someone needs to bring out that 'More points than Chelsea' advertising hoarding again.

Can you please explain why the club would build a 27,000 seater stadium and be "satisfied with it being half full"?

What a ridiculous conclusion to come to.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Can you please explain why the club would build a 27,000 seater stadium and be "satisfied with it being half full"?

What a ridiculous conclusion to come to.

I said it seems like it, not that they are. Not really pushing the marketing out and ST prices only frozen. Need POTD prices to drop drastically now, if there's to be any hope.

11 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

I said it seems like it, not that they are. Not really pushing the marketing out and ST prices only frozen. Need POTD prices to drop drastically now, if there's to be any hope.

Hope of what? Filling the stadium I assume you mean.

There is an obsession on this forum with filling the ground. Whilst we'd all love to see that, the first priority HAS to be to maximise revenues. Filling the stadium does not equate to the same thing.

If you reduce season ticket prices, that will primarily encourage non-STH regulars to sign up. Therefore your POTD income falls through the floor, you lose out on more valuable match ticket sales, and existing STH who would have paid  £300-400 anyway generate you less money. Therefore reduced season ticket prices will have a limited impact in increasing the overall fanbase, because prospective new fans won't dive straight into a season ticket.

Furthermore, since all of our matches have made general sale this year, we know we are only selling about 1,500 member tickets a game. That doesn't suggest a huge second tier of support who might buy a season ticket if the price was right.

POTD prices are more relevant when it comes to increasing support levels. Cheaper prices would encourage regulars to come more often and entice new supporters as well.

37 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Hope of what? Filling the stadium I assume you mean.

There is an obsession on this forum with filling the ground. Whilst we'd all love to see that, the first priority HAS to be to maximise revenues. Filling the stadium does not equate to the same thing.

If you reduce season ticket prices, that will primarily encourage non-STH regulars to sign up. Therefore your POTD income falls through the floor, you lose out on more valuable match ticket sales, and existing STH who would have paid  £300-400 anyway generate you less money. Therefore reduced season ticket prices will have a limited impact in increasing the overall fanbase, because prospective new fans won't dive straight into a season ticket.

Furthermore, since all of our matches have made general sale this year, we know we are only selling about 1,500 member tickets a game. That doesn't suggest a huge second tier of support who might buy a season ticket if the price was right.

POTD prices are more relevant when it comes to increasing support levels. Cheaper prices would encourage regulars to come more often and entice new supporters as well.

Exactly. No wonder the high streets are full of empty shops with some of the entrepreneurial thinking round here.

• Admin
3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Bristol Rugby on the left if you're going from platforms 3/4 in direction of 5/7 and City on the right hand side.

The Football and rugby are all the way through the underpass , good to see us as you arrive into Temple Meads 

8 hours ago, adamc6203 said:

It's all well and good selling cheap season tickets so we have a large attendance, but THINK OF THE TRAFFIC!!! :sad26:

I often wondered how many people are put off attending ashton gate from bristol and the surrounding areas as we know it is a nightmare on match days. Mr Lansdown has a brown field site that he is making no money on, if this was turned into a car park even if it was just half of the site. £2-3 per car, probably £10 for coaches from the surrounding areas. At least they would have somewhere to park. This would create extra revenue for the club, what a waste of opportunity there. Unless it has been planned for housing like the other side has been. With thousands of new houses being planned the traffic is only going to get worse. 

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

People say it's expensive but it is not. It can be expensive if you would like it to be. Like Bristol. 

Very true. Ye Sweden always been one of those countries I would like to visit and if city toured there that would be a great excuse to go 

• Admin
3 hours ago, BCFC Jordan said:

At the moment we are still in the renewals only stage of sale, and for that every single eligible purchaser has had a flyer posted to the address held on file for them. I'm sure we will see a bigger PR push once we move into the General Sales period. 

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Ian M said:

At the moment we are still in the renewals only stage of sale, and for that every single eligible purchaser has had a flyer posted to the address held on file for them. I'm sure we will see a bigger PR push once we move into the General Sales period. 

Very true - it was pointless going for new sales before they could actually purchase them

Story is out now about 10k sales so it makes people listen

If I remember on the way to Brentford in the morning I'll get a pick of the posters - they are smart

29 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I never, not that it matters as I have already renewed tho

41 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

That's it be positive as usual! Nothing suggests it will be that low , I think it will around 15 k at least, could be more.

Well tbh I didn't realise season ticket holders still had until Monday to renew and then the swap seat and member deadlines are couple of weeks away.

I'm not stating the final figure will be over 10 k because it's obviously going to improve but if it doesn't beat last year's total then it's a bit poo 

It's looking as if 90% of Season Ticket holders will renew , which is PDG. Always going to lose a few along the way due to changing circumstances ( financial, occupational , health ,etc) . 

Some of those not renewing will go Forever Bristol/ POTD . 

Renewals though are the easy bit . It's getting new Season Tickets on board where the challenge lies . This is where Bristol Sport will show how good the marketing department is or isn't . If they can attract another 4000 , then they'll have done very well . 

Summer signings might then add a few more, and with good results and continued marketing should expect about 18,000 Home fans per game . 

3 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

I often wondered how many people are put off attending ashton gate from bristol and the surrounding areas as we know it is a nightmare on match days. Mr Lansdown has a brown field site that he is making no money on, if this was turned into a car park even if it was just half of the site. £2-3 per car, probably £10 for coaches from the surrounding areas. At least they would have somewhere to park. This would create extra revenue for the club, what a waste of opportunity there. Unless it has been planned for housing like the other side has been. With thousands of new houses being planned the traffic is only going to get worse. 

Apparently we can`t (same with the park and ride) as there isn`t a `safe` walking route to AG.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Apparently we can`t (same with the park and ride) as there isn`t a `safe` walking route to AG.

This could be an option for a plan, makes it safer for the fans to get to the stadium.

Ashton vale.jpg

Archived