IGNORED

Season tickets (merged)

gordie

I'm a little bit confused about how someone who has purchased the most expensive (not corporate) seats in the stadium themselves can say that people won't pay that much..?

Bradford have to try and fill, what, 30k seats..? Maybe 25k as a mid table league one side. It works for them, surrounded by many other clubs, in a shitehole part of the country. 

We are in the Championship, with big plans and a beautiful new stadium with top notch facilities. 

You can't compare the two business models. 

If we sell 15k season tickets at average £250/300 and Bradford sell 18k at average £100/150, who has done the better business plan..? 

I think our tickets are reasonable enough. If I didn't, then I wouldn't opt for the most expensive seats available. 

8 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

No I didn't mean it to come across like that. 

It's pretty obvious though had we got a manager like Pearson, it would have boosted season ticket sales.

There are differenttypes of football fans. Fans like me and you, who go week in and week out, not matter how s**t it is. Then there's the fans who come when things are going well. Nothing wrong with that. That's people's choices 

It's a big summer for the club. We will know by September how serious Lansdown is about Premiership football. If he's serious...the fans will come 

Do you really think Pearson would have boosted season tickets (by the same token you are saying the LJ is keeping certain potential season ticket holders away) ? I'm not so sure.

I don't know anyone in my own circle who is 'hardcore' enough to want a season ticket but not so much a fan that the manager would have a bearing on their decision. In my experience you get a certain group who will always want a season ticket, regardless of league/manager/players (the likes of (probably) most of us here on OTIB), then you get the group who would really WANT a season ticket, but only if it works around their other commitments, who may or may not buy/renew, then the group that want a season ticket but have to see if they can justify the cost, then the group who aren't really interested enough to warrant buying a season ticket, and they plan on picking and choosing a handful of games they can/want to attend.

I'm not so sure that there's a group of supporters who want a season ticket but only if we have X manager or X player. Maybe I'm being naive about people's reasonings for going to the football, I just can't reconcile it in my head with my own feelings about the club. As much as I can be for/against player/manager/non-playing staff appointments, it wouldn't stop me from getting my season ticket.

People posting a lot about Bradford and their aggressive discount policy. 

Few questions.

I know that in recent year they've enjoyed some significant cup success, so income will be higher than a lot of similar clubs but...

Have these cheap tickets given Bradford an operating profit year on year?

Do Bradford have a competitive playing budget compared to other teams in that division?

If they reach the Championship are subject to FFP rules, do you think that 17,500 season ticket holders would be happy to pay what on the face of it might look like a huge increase in the cost of a ticket (by percentage) to be competitive?

We went to renew online and found one of us was still being charged full adult membership (should have been readjusted to fit into the new under 25 category), there was no way to alter this online. Checked the date of birth we had given years ago,and had about 15 years of season tickets with, and that was all ok. The details hadn't automatically been updated.

We phoned up about 7pm on Weds and got through straight away. A helpful Nick altered the details for us and we tried again, only the details hadn't been altered. The Adult membership Plus had just become an Adult. We phoned again and got through to Nick again straight away and we opted to do payment over the phone (once altered).

Moral of the story is, check any alterations have been applied AND DONT LEAVE UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!!!!

Sorry to 'shout' but I just want to help if people find themselves in a similar situation.

11 hours ago, tinman-is-god said:

Agreed - the remark was a little rash. But it demonstrates my frustration with football clubs that don't try and get more people through the gates, which i have explained later on. Quite enjoyed the debate though so glad i made the post!

I agree with your points tinman but realistically the club can't do it,

we want to compete at this level and our ticket prices reflect that,

its still cheaper then most at this level, if you want to blame some one for ticket prices being so high then blame the players, it's their stupid wage demands and there leeches fees (agents) that cause it,

not our board being greedy or not thinking it through, we still lose 10 million a season 

11 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Surely no one thought this season was going to be easy. 

Thinking back 12 months there was a huge wave of optimism and I think we all expected to be competing well in the top half with many hopeful of top six. Although our summer transfer dealings were ultimately a disaster the names being bandied about fuelled that optimism. With limited ticket availability people bought season tickets to ensure seeing us drive towards the top. With plenty of seats available for 16/17 and a more realistic view of our chances the need for a season ticket is not so great and I suspect this season has seen quite a few one off purchases.

While I'm that hopeful more tickets will be sold, that some members may upgrade and some new fans may get their first ST.  

We have sold 10,000 ST's so far , and members and general sell to go. The thing is , what is there to tempt anyone to buy when they have happily gone from game to game , picking and choosing or attending when commitments allow.  I can't see us selling too many more, I hope I'm wrong but talk of 15-20,000 are wildly optimistic. Where this year, and more so last, we struggled to get enough PotD tickets available. The coming year we will have plenty. My point is I got a ST because I struggled to get match day tickets, I have renewed but some may go back to picking games. I hope early , good transfer business may bump sales but I would guess beating last year in itself would be an achievement. 

7 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Make that 10002. Just done mine, as easy as ! On the phone ,5mins, bish bash bosh, jobs a good'un !:clap:

That's good to hear as it was your question earlier in the thread that prompted me to post my 'in case of problems don't leave it late' warning.

Here'sa question for anyone who managed to do it online.

We moved to the West stand, a mate got the tickets had my details then I rang to set up direct debit. All good.

What I can't see is , when I log into my Bristol Sport account I still don't have an option to buy tickets. Plus apparently I don't have a ST at all, this year or next. Do they show up for anyone else ??

EDIT: I mean in the list section, nothing showing.

I'm playing 229 squid for my Atyeo which decided by 23 will be roughly 10 per game. Living in London I can't make all matches but that is dirt cheap, compared with cinimas that cost 7 these days for a shit Hollywood flick (though I enjoyed spotlight) or upwards of 30-40 for a decent show. Plus Neil Young is 50 at the o2 and that is for the cheapest stalls! Can't complain and if they play like they have vs Bolton and Sheffield I'll be laughing as we go to the Prem! Oi @Fordy62 I think this is a positive post!

14 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think I saw somewhere they`ve sold 2500 for next season

You must've misread that!

250,000 sold for next season at least! I also heard they're expanding their car park so they have more room for those who are lucky enough to not get in the minimal ground

We're not really attempting to market it this year either, which is surprising considering the stadium will be fully rebuilt. It does seem like the club is satisfied with it being half full.

Someone needs to bring out that 'More points than Chelsea' advertising hoarding again.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

We're not really attempting to market it this year either, which is surprising considering the stadium will be fully rebuilt. It does seem like the club is satisfied with it being half full.

Someone needs to bring out that 'More points than Chelsea' advertising hoarding again.

I can't remember where, but I've definitely seen adverts for season tickets recently.

7 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

I've seen advertisements for City season tickets on North Street and in Cabot Circus.

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I've seen advertisements for City season tickets on North Street and in Cabot Circus.

Ah, good to hear. I've yet to see any, so hope they broaden it a bit more or I've just coincidentally missed them all! Would love to see AG as full as possible. Now is the best time.

Unfortunately I won't be renewing next season. Saying that though, the times I've had a season ticket we've always struggled!

actually the times I've had one, I don't think we've finished in the top half once!!

You can thank me later.

21 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

There's billboards on Bath Road, posters in the subway at Temple Meads. It's being marketed.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Yep, I've also seen one on Bath road, by the Bris Hill traffic lights.

7 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

There's billboards on Bath Road, posters in the subway at Temple Meads. It's being marketed.

The by Bains Fireplaces on Bristol Hill was up a few weeks back but was replaced last week - must admit not seen any at BTM thought they were all advertising the VR in Bristol / Bath (will look on the way home)

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

The by Bains Fireplaces on Bristol Hill was up a few weeks back but was replaced last week - must admit not seen any at BTM thought they were all advertising the VR in Bristol / Bath (will look on the way home)

Bristol Rugby on the left if you're going from platforms 3/4 in direction of 5/7 and City on the right hand side.

Archived