IGNORED

Season tickets (merged)

gordie

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Dolman A block appears to have been evacuated by ST holders? Over 500 seats available?

3 minutes ago, HLR said:

Guilty your honour. A fair old bunch have moved further over towards the South Stand end of the Dolman. I know the majority have headed over towards the Williams (can't bring myself to call it the west stand), as expected.

All trying to get away from the Atyeo S82 lot and the torrent of abuse evidently....

Not a criticism of those who have decided to move elsewhere, but this makes a mockery of the decision by the Atyeo group, who decided to stay put rather than move to Dolman because they didn't want to offend existing season ticket holders. As I suspected they've all gone elsewhere anyway!

Such a shame we didn't do the logical thing and move all home fans into three sides.

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not a criticism of those who have decided to move elsewhere, but this makes a mockery of the decision by the Atyeo group, who decided to stay put rather than move to Dolman because they didn't want to offend existing season ticket holders. As I suspected they've all gone elsewhere anyway!

Such a shame we didn't do the logical thing and move all home fans into three sides.

All this has been said with the benefit of hindsight though! 

It's harsh to say it makes a mockery of the decision made by the Atyeo group. 

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I appreciated some fans in the Atyeo didn't want to move, which is fair enough, however yes I do feel the logical thing to be done would have been A & B block of Dolman, giving ground 3 home sides and then the away end. I don't know if the club did their research beforehand but it was abundantly clear a while back, by speaking to those around us, the intention for most was always to move come the end of the season. Find it odd too the decision was made on the word of those representing the Atyeo when surely the logical thing to do would have been to ask those in Dolman A &B themselves what their plans were..

A block will probably get filled up with school bookings and the like next year now I imagine

23 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

All this has been said with the benefit of hindsight though! 

It's harsh to say it makes a mockery of the decision made by the Atyeo group. 

As I've said on other threads, it's effectively a fresh start with a new stadium. Now was the time to get things right in terms of distributing fans in the best way possible. With a three-sided bowl and one separate stand, the solution is obvious.

The compromise solution we now have requires segregation, spreads home fans over a larger area and creates complications for cup games. The only reason the Atyeo fans didn't move was fear of offending a relatively limited group in Dolman A/B. It's a weak reason for compromising on the best solution, even if the majority had intended to stay put. Now a lot of them have moved anyway, I maintain it makes a mockery of the decision. It should have been possible to canvas the intentions of existing Dolman STH and therefore predict this outcome.

Now we have a compromise solution that wasn't actually necessary.

2 hours ago, chowie said:

Few sources note the South Stand as capacity of 6,071, but a count up says 5,706 seats (not including disabled)

Stand       Capacity     Remaining       Allocated
South 5,706 1,249 4,457
Atyeo 1,000 31 969
Dolman 6,695 2,066 4,629
West Lower 5,250 1,744 3,506
West Upper 4,525 0 0
West Boxes 180 0 180
Away Fans 2,500 0 0
Disabled 100 2 98
  25,956 5,092 13,839

I thought the West Stand was a 11k seater.

1 minute ago, City1970 said:

I thought the West Stand was a 11k seater.

I thought so too, but lower is approx 5,250 not including disabled or directors box, the upper figure is just a guess right now. It going to be in the region of 10 to 11k I would think.

20 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

As I've said on other threads, it's effectively a fresh start with a new stadium. Now was the time to get things right in terms of distributing fans in the best way possible. With a three-sided bowl and one separate stand, the solution is obvious.

The compromise solution we now have requires segregation, spreads home fans over a larger area and creates complications for cup games. The only reason the Atyeo fans didn't move was fear of offending a relatively limited group in Dolman A/B. It's a weak reason for compromising on the best solution, even if the majority had intended to stay put. Now a lot of them have moved anyway, I maintain it makes a mockery of the decision. It should have been possible to canvas the intentions of existing Dolman STH and therefore predict this outcome.

Now we have a compromise solution that wasn't actually necessary.

Indeed it is. My money would be on the club simply deciding in a year or two to allocate the Atyeo to away fans with no consolation whatsoever.

34 minutes ago, HLR said:

I appreciated some fans in the Atyeo didn't want to move, which is fair enough, however yes I do feel the logical thing to be done would have been A & B block of Dolman, giving ground 3 home sides and then the away end. I don't know if the club did their research beforehand but it was abundantly clear a while back, by speaking to those around us, the intention for most was always to move come the end of the season. Find it odd too the decision was made on the word of those representing the Atyeo when surely the logical thing to do would have been to ask those in Dolman A &B themselves what their plans were..

A block will probably get filled up with school bookings and the like next year now I imagine

Dunno but you aint having my seat!  Good job the club always had a plan!!

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why would they do that in the future but not now?

I think - in fairness to them, and in good faith - they've been trying to accommodate everyone's views as the stadium has been developed. Will they continue to do that for a relative handful of supporters once things have settled…if it was me I'm not sure that I'd bother tbh. That said I'm not remotely ITK!

22 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why would they do that in the future but not now?

Line of least resistance.

The club don't want an organised group of singers unless it's on their terms.

The new terms are just two sections of the Atyeo, one of which will actually be beyond the perimeter of the pitch, with a front view of the end of the Dolman stand.

Some of the singers have cottoned onto this and have moved already, the rest will follow eventually, but should have taken the initiative now and moved this season.

The question I would ask is why isn't the family area in the Atyeo as it was a few years ago? Leaving the SS as a home stand as it should be, and as it was designed to be?

• Admin
51 minutes ago, ECA reds said:

Hi all. I'm trying to purchase 2 season tickets as a member. Problem is I'm not being shown a seating map and the seats are being chosen for me,which I'm not happy with. Any ideas on how I can get a seating map up? 

Which stand / section are you trying to select seats in? 

12 minutes ago, ECA reds said:

I'm looking at the south stand . I've tried all blocks but always selects the seats for me. Not sure if it's cause I'm doing it on a android phone. 

Yes I suspect it will be because you are on a phone. I previously found that the site didn't work fully on a iPhone. Works on an iPad mini provided I have it on its side view.

Well, according to the Bristol sport website I've never owned a season ticket and they have no trace of my name and address or email.

I must've imagined the last 18 years and the multitude of bumf they post and email to me all the time then!

Could a commercial ticketing website be designed worse than the BCFC and Bristol Sport ones? Could a company's customer database be more appallingly maintained??

I could get our work experience girl to do a better job.

Every ******* year I get some problem or other when I renew.... :grr:

7 minutes ago, eardun said:

Yes I suspect it will be because you are on a phone. I previously found that the site didn't work fully on a iPhone. Works on an iPad mini provided I have it on its side view.

Ok thanks. I'll have to try a bit later on. 

6 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well, according to the Bristol sport website I've never owned a season ticket and they have no trace of my name and address or email.

I must've imagined the last 18 years and the multitude of bumf they post and email to me all the time then!

Could a commercial ticketing website be designed worse than the BCFC and Bristol Sport ones? Could a company's customer database be more appallingly maintained??

Did you get it sorted? Can pass on an email address to contact if not? 

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I HAVE a new ST, and I've set up DD, and yet according to the website ........ nothing.  I'll wait to see if it actually comes.

9 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

If you had one this season you'd definatly be on the system

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Did you get it sorted? Can pass on an email address to contact if not? 

Thanks Doll. I shall try the telephone first.

2 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

If you had one this season you'd definatly be on the system

I have the card in my hand as we speak. Why it insists I don't exist is anyone's guess.

Archived