IGNORED

Season tickets (merged)

gordie

43 minutes ago, chowie said:

Less than 5k now up for grabs, got to be near the 14k mark now.

Stand       Capacity     Remaining     Allocated  % gone
South 5,706 1,191 4,515     79.1%
Atyeo 1,000 17 983     98.3%
Dolman 6,695 2,014 4,681        69.9%
West Lower 5,250 1,723 3,527     67.2%
West Upper 4,525 0 0  
West Boxes 180 0 180  
Away Fans 2,500 0 0  
Disabled 126 22 104  
  25,982 4,967 13,990  

Interesting, I though the capacity for the finished stadium was quoted as 27,000?

21 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Row 32 is the back row and is a fair old trek, especially with the shallow steps. I've been turfed out of my seat so they can give it away to school kids for free so have chosen to go down the front instead, behind a disabled section in S19. Should be able to abuse a few corner takers from there, but no I don't mean Freeman.

I'm glad someone else has commented about the steps, I often sit right up the top for the rugby, like to have a totally different view from my football seat. I thought it was just me missing the Dolman handrail that made me think the steps were quite hard going ( I don't use the handrail, but it's nice for it being 'there'). But you're right, the steps are too shallow, you climb the amount of steps yet when get to the top and feel you have done twice the amount as you can't walk up them like you would normal stairs.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

aha, that ups the capacity figures quoted by chowie to a total of 26,182 and I guess maybe 500 lost through segregation in the Atyeo?

Still not 27,000 though?

The Capacity is supposed to be in region of 26,500 to 27,000, the figures for Upper West stand are also an estimate at this stage. There is also Directors Box, Upper West Disabled, Press Box etc not in my figures. I believe the rest are very close to fact.

27 minutes ago, KnowleUtd City said:

I'd love it if we've sold nearly 14k season tickets already, but surely if we were only just over 10k with a couple of days renewal to go, and we haven't reached general sale yet, how is this possible??

The 14k includes Club/Hospitality Seats & Kids/School Seats. Members who were not Season Ticket holders this season (like myself) have also been able to buy since Wednesday, but I expect a few members have not yet bought.

I'm waiting because I can only buy one ticket, the other people in my group were not members last year. I expect another wave on Monday with the general sale and people being able to add others to block bookings.

3 hours ago, chowie said:

The 14k includes Club/Hospitality Seats & Kids/School Seats. Members who were not Season Ticket holders this season (like myself) have also been able to buy since Wednesday, but I expect a few members have not yet bought.

I'm waiting because I can only buy one ticket, the other people in my group were not members last year. I expect another wave on Monday with the general sale and people being able to add others to block bookings.

Sound! .. I hope you're right, i'm sure the club will update us soon. COYR

Just now, Kim_il_sung said:

Exciting stuff! Maybe we could top 15k season tickets? 

Out of curiosity, what's the highest number we've ever had? did we have many in the old first division days for example?

Not sure of season ticket numbers back in the day but could always get a ticket to any game . Not sure all the money got back to the club mind you .

In all of this it seems our ST sales have been excellent. Given many commented they were quite expensive it seems the proof is in the pudding; the club priced it well (coming from a cheap seat hunter of the Ateyo)

26 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Out of curiosity, what's the highest number we've ever had? did we have many in the old first division days for example?

Far less than now. 

Most fans preferred to pay at the turnstiles and stand on the terraces which was the norm in those days.

The Dolman and Upper Grandstand, the seated areas and only places where ST's were available, were seen mostly as the preserve of older and better off fans,

4 hours ago, chowie said:

You dont have to wait you can register them for the referral system and then phone up and get them today, did this with a friend on Tuesday. 

2 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

You dont have to wait you can register them for the referral system and then phone up and get them today, did this with a friend on Tuesday. 

you can register them for the referral system even if you did not have a ST last year? And also get the £20?

21 hours ago, WestonRobin said:

And there was me trying to give a good impression; you've gone and ruined that now!

I sit just in front of you C (won't put your full name as that's not fair) and two seats to the right...I'm the one who can't make it to the next game.

Enjoy your holiday. Real fans don't go on holiday during the season do they? :P

Had a conversation with somebody this morning about season tickets, which prompted me to renew my tickets for 2016/17, or so I thought. Tried to renew online, got error message for my account.

So phoned, and the very nice lady on the phone - this isn't her fault - said my seats had been sold!!!

Apparently the deadline to renew tickets was last week. I'm guessing most of you know that, but in my mind it was 29 April, that was a date I had seen somewhere.

In the past, "early bird" prices have been around this time, but anyone choosing not to do an early bird, had until some time in June to renew their seats, albeit at a higher price.

I asked the lady why the change in policy, all she could tell me was that I was sent a letter notifying me of the deadline. Maybe so, and if so, maybe I should have read it more closely. But, it didn't occur to me that it would be necessary to renew seats before this season had even finished.

I've just had a closer look at the website, it seems that Dolman season ticket holders had from 4 April to 17 April to renew seats. That is a complete joke.

Anyway I threw my toys out and told the nice lady I wouldn't bother.......

.... and after short reflection went back online (having figured out I need to purchase as a new rather than a renewal) and bought new seats elsewhere!!!

Has anyone else been caught out by the ridiculously short and early renewal period????

• The title was changed to Season tickets (merged)
2 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

In 1976, in anticipation of huge crowds, my mate and I bought newly introduced season tickets to stand in the enclosure (in front of the old Grandstand, later to be known as the Williams Stand). I've had a season ticket every year since.

The crowds in the old First Division were never quite as large as we thought they'd be and seemed to drop slightly after the first season when the novelty of seeing Liverpool, Everton and Arsenal wore off for some. POTD was always available - I can't recall an all-ticket match - although the queues to get in were very lengthy. I think that the largest crowd I've been a part of at AG was some 38,000 vs Liverpool or Leicester in the cup? That was a squeeze!

10 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Had a conversation with somebody this morning about season tickets, which prompted me to renew my tickets for 2016/17, or so I thought. Tried to renew online, got error message for my account.

So phoned, and the very nice lady on the phone - this isn't her fault - said my seats had been sold!!!

Apparently the deadline to renew tickets was last week. I'm guessing most of you know that, but in my mind it was 29 April, that was a date I had seen somewhere.

In the past, "early bird" prices have been around this time, but anyone choosing not to do an early bird, had until some time in June to renew their seats, albeit at a higher price.

I asked the lady why the change in policy, all she could tell me was that I was sent a letter notifying me of the deadline. Maybe so, and if so, maybe I should have read it more closely. But, it didn't occur to me that it would be necessary to renew seats before this season had even finished.

I've just had a closer look at the website, it seems that Dolman season ticket holders had from 4 April to 17 April to renew seats. That is a complete joke.

Anyway I threw my toys out and told the nice lady I wouldn't bother.......

.... and after short reflection went back online (having figured out I need to purchase as a new rather than a renewal) and bought new seats elsewhere!!!

Has anyone else been caught out by the ridiculously short and early renewal period????

Yes. See my posts elsewhere on this thread.

I can see from the receipt that last season I was able to renew my season ticket in early May.  Why this season -with a larger capacity to fill - the club decided to shrink that period down to three weeks and then not clearly communicate and warn fans about this change I cannot understand. 

I am still very pissed off with the club for forcing me to move from the seat I've occupied for 17 years and which my late father sat in before me. 

Yet more fan-unfriendly amateurism by BCFC. 

18 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I can see from the receipt that last season I was able to renew my season ticket in early May.  Why this season -with a larger capacity to fill - the club decided to shrink that period down to three weeks and then not clearly communicate and warn fans about this change I cannot understand. 

I am still very pissed off with the club for forcing me to move from the seat I've occupied for 17 years and which my late father sat in before me. 

The cynic in me wonders if these limited deadlines were a way of extracting championship wedge out of people where league one football was still a distinct possibility.

35 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yes, can see my new thread has been merged with this one, can see your posts. I'm fairly sure that it has been possible to renew seats up to mid June every year for like, ever.

I too am pissed off, on the principle of it. Why on earth should you not be given until the end of the current season, at least, to decide if you want to keep seats for the following season.

Looking more closely at the Bristol Sport website, I can see why I - and you no doubt - were caught out. Its poorly worded.

Period 2 - From 10am on Monday, April 4th
Atyeo, Dolman and South Stand season card holders can renew their existing seat or move to the new Lower West Stand.

A deadline is not mentioned in that section. Skimming through, the words "Atyeo, Dolman and South Stand" are not mentioned again, at all.

I read Period 2, skipped to the end, where it says:

Period 5 - From 10am on Monday, April 25th until Friday, April 29th
General sale

and assumed we had until then to renew.

What happens after 29 April??!!!

Looking more closely now:

Period 3 - From 10am on Monday, April 11th
Final week for seat renewals All reserved seats not purchased will be released for resale at the end of this week.

But what is the difference between Period 2 and Period 3. The latter seems to just be the second week of Period 2.

So, Bristol Sport, how about what it could have been:

PERIOD ONE - all season ticket holders have until end of season to renew seats.

PERIOD TWO - after that all seats will be released for general sale.

Nice and easy.

3 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Yes, can see my new thread has been merged with this one, can see your posts. I'm fairly sure that it has been possible to renew seats up to mid June every year for like, ever.

I too am pissed off, on the principle of it. Why on earth should you not be given until the end of the current season, at least, to decide if you want to keep seats for the following season.

Looking more closely at the Bristol Sport website, I can see why I - and you no doubt - were caught out. Its poorly worded.

Period 2 - From 10am on Monday, April 4th
Atyeo, Dolman and South Stand season card holders can renew their existing seat or move to the new Lower West Stand.

A deadline is not mentioned in that section. Skimming through, the words "Atyeo, Dolman and South Stand" are not mentioned again, at all.

I read Period 2, skipped to the end, where it says:

Period 5 - From 10am on Monday, April 25th until Friday, April 29th
General sale

and assumed we had until then to renew.

What happens after 29 April??!!!

Looking more closely now:

Period 3 - From 10am on Monday, April 11th
Final week for seat renewals All reserved seats not purchased will be released for resale at the end of this week.

But what is the difference between Period 2 and Period 3. The latter seems to just be the second week of Period 2.

So, Bristol Sport, how about what it could have been:

PERIOD ONE - all season ticket holders have until end of season to renew seats.

PERIOD TWO - after that all seats will be released for general sale.

Nice and easy.

Because period 3 is for members and referrals. Ultimately the 2 people who got caught out didn't read things properly. Take some responsibility for yourself.

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

Because period 3 is for members and referrals. Ultimately the 2 people who got caught out didn't read things properly. Take some responsibility for yourself.

No, incorrect, Period 4 is for members and referrals:

Period 4 - From 10am on Monday, April 18th until Sunday, April 24th
Seat moves for current season card holders (18th and 19th) Forever Bristol Members and Referred Friends to purchase (20th-24th)

Shows how easy it is to misread eh. It is unnecessarily complicated.

Why does there need to be a separate period for members and referrals anyway?

Why is it necessary to insist on renewing seats for next season before the current one has even ended? I think Bristol Rob is on the money.

Nevertheless dad, I will consider myself told off for not taking responsibility for myself.

17 minutes ago, NickJ said:

No, incorrect, Period 4 is for members and referrals:

Period 4 - From 10am on Monday, April 18th until Sunday, April 24th
Seat moves for current season card holders (18th and 19th) Forever Bristol Members and Referred Friends to purchase (20th-24th)

Shows how easy it is to misread eh. It is unnecessarily complicated.

Why does there need to be a separate period for members and referrals anyway?

Why is it necessary to insist on renewing seats for next season before the current one has even ended? I think Bristol Rob is on the money.

Nevertheless dad, I will consider myself told off for not taking responsibility for myself.

Actually I was going by memory and hadn't looked at it for a few weeks, oddly enough I was the one able to sort a ticket within the right time and without any issues, so getting it wrong now isn't exactly relevant as its now not needed information for me.

Why a separate time for referrals and members? Perhaps because members have paid to have priority over general sale, but aren't season ticket holders, so that makes sense, whereas a different system to how our tickets have been would be an unnecessary complication.

RE the timing I don't have a disagreement there, but the point is the club tried to make it so were made aware, the fact you blew it off isn't down to them.

Archived