IGNORED

Season tickets (merged)

gordie

I know that feeling of being caught out and it's horrible. So my sympathies - for what they are worth - to those who have. But to be fair to the club I've received emails and a letter to tell me what the deadlines were, I felt I had plenty of time to make plans and the system worked perfectly for me. Didn't seem at all amateurish....but that's just my experience which I share for balance. I hope the supporters caught out found tickets in the end. And if it's any consolation having had to move in the past I've managed, next season, to get back where I and my late brother sat for many years. 

14 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I know that feeling of being caught out and it's horrible. So my sympathies - for what they are worth - to those who have. But to be fair to the club I've received emails and a letter to tell me what the deadlines were, I felt I had plenty of time to make plans and the system worked perfectly for me. Didn't seem at all amateurish....but that's just my experience which I share for balance. I hope the supporters caught out found tickets in the end. And if it's any consolation having had to move in the past I've managed, next season, to get back where I and my late brother sat for many years. 

I had a letter with pricing information and a line saying "Season card holders can buy at the lowest price possible from Match 29 until April 29" but no mention of the tight and arbitrary deadline that they brought in to secure your seat this year. It isnt unreasonable to expect them to include this rather critical information.  If I treated long-standing customers so shabbily my company would probably go bust.

I had no emails about renewals from the club, despite the fact that overy the past couple of years I've received all sorts of pointless and unnecessary  e-communications from them - usually about the fricking rugby!

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I had a letter with pricing information and a line saying "Season card holders can buy at the lowest price possible from Match 29 until April 29" but no mention of the tight and arbitrary deadline that they brought in to secure your seat this year. It isnt unreasonable to expect them to include this rather critical information.  If I treated long-standing customers so shabbily my company would probably go bust.

I had no emails about renewals from the club, despite the fact that overy the past couple of years I've received all sorts of pointless and unnecessary  e-communications from them - usually about the fricking rugby!

Yes that is my point, I had the date 29 April in my head, probably got it from that or similar.

Maybe we should have realised Bristol Sport is the Supplier, and we are the Consumers, and read the small print.

24 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Yes that is my point, I had the date 29 April in my head, probably got it from that or similar.

Maybe we should have realised Bristol Sport is the Supplier, and we are the Consumers, and read the small print.

I don't wish to be churlish NickJ or towards Red-Robbo as I find myself often agreeing with each of you on very many matters but in this instance I think BS was pretty clear.

I agree that it's a tight renewal period as highlighted by Red Robbo but I think it was made reasonably clear enough by Bristol Sport.

Clearly there was an expiration to each period date so the presumption of being able to renew in light of early bird prices was (imo) misplaced given there were clear and defined stages to the sales process. I know OTIB is not representative but it does seem of all the posters most comprehended the deadlines... That it was a very short period I do agree, but I think well enough defined. 

On 21 April 2016 at 20:00, Ian M said:

Row 32 is the back row and is a fair old trek, especially with the shallow steps. I've been turfed out of my seat so they can give it away to school kids for free so have chosen to go down the front instead, behind a disabled section in S19. Should be able to abuse a few corner takers from there, but no I don't mean Freeman.

Just out of interest which block have they given the back row to school kids? 

14 hours ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Purchased 3 season tickets yesterday for first time for me & the 2 nippers (had been doing 5-10 games a season for c.25 years). Heady days.

@Out of his pie crust - if you have been bringing your two nippers to the Gate for 25 years, I am not sure that technically they qualify for kids seats.

At best, the free kids City shirt is going to be a tight fit.

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

@Out of his pie crust - if you have been bringing your two nippers to the Gate for 25 years, I am not sure that technically they qualify for kids seats.

At best, the free kids City shirt is going to be a tight fit.

Very good mad Cyril. Just me for 25 years, kids for last 3 or so....and who said anything about them getting the free top? (It will be a tight fit, no two ways about it).

22 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Anyone know how many ST we have sold so far.

Around this, this also includes Corporate tickets etc.

Stand      Capacity      Remaining       Allocated   % gone
South 5,706 1,174 4,532          79.4%
Atyeo 1,000 7 993    99.3%
Dolman 6,695 1,976 4,719    70.5%
West Lower 5,250 1,722 3,528    67.2%
West Upper* 4,600 0 0  
West Boxes 180 0 180  
Away Fans 2,700 0 0  
Atyeo Seg. 500 0 0  
Disabled 126 22 104  
  26,757 4,901 14,056  

*Estimated Capacity      

Around 250 tickets snapped up this morning. South stand tickets getting low for POTD availability. 

Stand    Capacity  Remaining    Allocated  % gone
South 5,706 1,058 4,648   81.5%
Atyeo 1,000 0 1,000   100.0%
Dolman 6,695 1,877 4,818    72.0%
West Lower 5,250 1,668 3,582    68.2%
West Upper* 4,600 0 0  
West Boxes 180 0 180  
Away Fans 2,700 0 0  
Atyeo Seg. 500 0 0  
Disabled 126 20 106  
  26,757 4,623 14,334  

*Estimated Capacity      

To be fair to the club, they were also making tannoy announcements about the deadline to guarantee keeping your seat in the last match or two before the deadline. The ST literature could have been worded slightly more clearly I agree - but they did at least give a fairly good effort in communicating the earlier than normal deadline if we only have two of us who missed it, no matter how frustrating it must be for you guys...

37 minutes ago, chowie said:

Around 250 tickets snapped up this morning. South stand tickets getting low for POTD availability. 

Stand    Capacity  Remaining    Allocated  % gone
South 5,706 1,058 4,648   81.5%
Atyeo 1,000 0 1,000   100.0%
Dolman 6,695 1,877 4,818    72.0%
West Lower 5,250 1,668 3,582    68.2%
West Upper* 4,600 0 0  
West Boxes 180 0 180  
Away Fans 2,700 0 0  
Atyeo Seg. 500 0 0  
Disabled 126 20 106  
  26,757 4,623 14,334  

*Estimated Capacity      

I make the actual number of available seats in the South Stand to be even less (about 750) due to the Family Corner taking up many seats. 

2 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

I make the actual number of available seats in the South Stand to be even less (about 750) due to the Family Corner taking up many seats. 

There are still 290+ available in S24 - S27, you can still POTD for the Family section right? But yes around 770 if you don't have a child to bring.

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 21:04, NickJ said:

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 21:27, 29AR said:

I don't wish to be churlish NickJ or towards Red-Robbo as I find myself often agreeing with each of you on very many matters but in this instance I think BS was pretty clear.

I agree that it's a tight renewal period as highlighted by Red Robbo but I think it was made reasonably clear enough by Bristol Sport.

Clearly there was an expiration to each period date so the presumption of being able to renew in light of early bird prices was (imo) misplaced given there were clear and defined stages to the sales process. I know OTIB is not representative but it does seem of all the posters most comprehended the deadlines... That it was a very short period I do agree, but I think well enough defined. 

I just came across the letter which gave me 29 April in my mind. Everybody would have had same, it says:

"Season card holders can buy at the lowest price possible from "March 29th until April 29th"

(Bold as in letter).

Detail on pricing and other stuff follows, but nowhere in the entire letter does it say that the deadline to renew existing seats was an earlier date.

So as I thought, I was right, cock up by Bristol Sport.

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

How many more than 11.5k ? 

If they mean a hundred or so more, the club will be soiling their pants right now as that is way under what it should be at this stage.

We had 12,500 to renew, we are now past the membership stage and into general sales.

Either the post is way out (the club stated over 10k in the first week or so) or the club has got the pricing dreadfully wrong...

I'll wait until the club states the figure - assuming they'll do that of course.

Well is was the EP.

10 minutes ago, cynic said:

How many more than 11.5k ? 

If they mean a hundred or so more, the club will be soiling their pants right now as that is way under what it should be at this stage.

We had 12,500 to renew, we are now past the membership stage and into general sales.

Either the post is way out (the club stated over 10k in the first week or so) or the club has got the pricing dreadfully wrong...

I'll wait until the club states the figure - assuming they'll do that of course.

Looking at the availability nearly all the 'good' seats are sold.

The three central SS blocks, The five Central WS blocks, the Five central Dolman blocks are very well populated.

The wings of the Dolman and SS are never going to sell out ST wise. Neither are the bottom rows because of the poor view and the chance of a soaking.

Time for the suits to tempt the new ST buyer by opening the central blocks of the top tier in the WS.

That would prompt some to move from central blocks below or from the Dolman making additional central seats available.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

I just came across the letter which gave me 29 April in my mind. Everybody would have had same, it says:

"Season card holders can buy at the lowest price possible from "March 29th until April 29th"

(Bold as in letter).

Detail on pricing and other stuff follows, but nowhere in the entire letter does it say that the deadline to renew existing seats was an earlier date.

So as I thought, I was right, cock up by Bristol Sport.

"Detail on pricing and other stuff follows, but nowhere in the entire letter does it say that the deadline to renew existing seats was an earlier date."

No, but the flyer that was enclosed had a very clear table which explains that Period 3 (11th April - 17th April) is the final week for the seat renewal period.

IMG_20160425_182038346.jpg

Hardly fair to call it a "cock up by Bristol Sport" because you didn't fully read the literature, when 99.9% of people seem to have understood the periods correctly.

1 hour ago, El Hombrecito said:

"Detail on pricing and other stuff follows, but nowhere in the entire letter does it say that the deadline to renew existing seats was an earlier date."

No, but the flyer that was enclosed had a very clear table which explains that Period 3 (11th April - 17th April) is the final week for the seat renewal period.

Hardly fair to call it a "cock up by Bristol Sport" because you didn't fully read the literature, when 99.9% of people seem to have understood the periods correctly.

Frankly I don't think that table could have made things any clearer!

4 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

Would not reading the flyer (I didn't, on the assumption it was ether promotional material I had no interest in, or confirmation of the 29th April referred to in the letter) be a defence? :)

In all seriousness, the letter doesn't refer to the flyer, the letter on its own is unnecessarily misleading. On the other hand, I would have to say that if 99.9% "got it", there may be some culpability on my part. :)

20 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

So we have only sold 11,500 ST's so far.

I did think people were getting a little carried away estimating 13-14k!

not really, they have only been on general sale for 2 days, up until the 18th the max we could of sold was 12k as it was the renewals period only not new ST holders

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

not really, they have only been on general sale for 2 days, up until the 18th the max we could of sold was 12k as it was the renewals period only not new ST holders

Which is why I thought it was impossible for us to have sold that money and thus some were getting a bit carried away. The pricing or our form on the pitch hasn't been good enough for us to have sold that many at such a rate. I think we'll sell about 12.5k overall.

1 minute ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Which is why I thought it was impossible for us to have sold that money and thus some were getting a bit carried away. The pricing or our form on the pitch hasn't been good enough for us to have sold that many at such a rate. I think we'll sell about 12.5k overall.

ahh, get where you are coming from now, We've sold 14k before I think we can hit it again, but still for the season we just had the figures are still pretty good whatever way we look at it,

and with the ground pretty much complete there is reason to be optimistic, some good movement in the transfer market could see his hit 14.5k

Archived