IGNORED

Recruitment...young and hungry...

spudski

10 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Shocking, isn't it spud, how some people just won't give a coach a chance. They can't help but show their antipathy in every post, defending their position repeatedly despite the evidence on the pitch to the contrary that's so obvious to the rest of us. I expect that Nogbad will still be banging on about LJ long after he's gone. I don't know what gets into these people......... 

Yeah...it is shocking when you think about it JD...

I voiced my like of SoD and LJ and dislike of SC.

Others voiced their like of SC and GJ...

We all have our different opinions....and I respect all those that banter and disagree with me....because they have their opinion, and however much I disagree with it...at least they have an opinion.

The one's who piss me off the most. are the clever ***** who stand in the middle, and try to be Mr diplomatic and sarcastic without rruffling feathers....when in fact they have nothing worth saying themselves...because it's like vanilla...tasteless.

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

We all have our different opinions....and I respect all those that banter and disagree with me....because they have their opinion, and however much I disagree with it...at least they have an opinion.

The one's who piss me off the most. are the clever ***** who stand in the middle, and try to be Mr diplomatic and sarcastic without rruffling feathers....when in fact they have nothing worth saying themselves...because it's like vanilla...tasteless.

What?!!!!

Vanilla's not tasteless you Luddite.

15 minutes ago, RedSA said:

What?!!!!

Vanilla's not tasteless you Luddite.

Luddite...now their is an under used word, which imo, should be used more often

My favourite word tonight, whilst out, was unctuous ....whilst describing the vanilla ice cream on the warm brownie :=_

Why do players have to be YOUNG and hungry? Wilbraham wasn't and did a hell of a job when we picked him up. Tomlin is 27(?) so not partiularly young either and is doing great. Get the right players, not worried about age.

18 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Why do players have to be YOUNG and hungry? Wilbraham wasn't and did a hell of a job when we picked him up. Tomlin is 27(?) so not partiularly young either and is doing great. Get the right players, not worried about age.

Presumably because the club wants resale value as well, Wilbraham has had one of his best season with us, after dropping 2 divisions, and Tomlin is at the start of his peak years. Players with the ability of Bryan, Smith, etc at their age will have a greater resale value for the club should we sell, whereas we would be lucky to get anything for Wilbs, though I expect we will be his last club

7 hours ago, spudski said:

I like Vanilla but hate Gooseberry.

Someone Young and hungry we should be certainly going for is Harrison Reed from Southampton. Not really broke through their first team and will be desperate for playing time. Would bring real quality to our midfield with smith as ball winning midfielders. Certainly fits the bill for a loan or maybe a cheeky transfer

52 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Philistine, not Luddite:whistle:

I think Spud must be a vanilla essence sort of chap, not a vanilla extract one. But when it comes to football, let's be clear: spud is no philistine, he is "educated" and here to improve our understanding for which we thank him deeply. 

On 15 April 2016 at 10:16, spudski said:

Indeed...harmony is needed.

Nothing worse in training, than having players go through the motions and not being hungry to impress and improve.

I remember being privy to a conversation, where David James said to another player... 'Apart from the money, I have no idea why you are a footballer...you have no interest in it at all'. To which the player replied...'Apart from you...neither has anyone else in this squad'.

Hard for many fans to understand...as we'd all love to be pro footballers...but for many footballers, it becomes just a job and the passion dwindles.

Was nice to hear Goldbourne say recently that LJ's training was the best he'd ever had and that it was refreshing. Had to make them think.

http://www.squawka.com/news/new-calling-in-life-needed-players-that-dont-like-football/337381

3 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think Spud must be a vanilla essence sort of chap, not a vanilla extract one. But when it comes to football, let's be clear: spud is no philistine, he is "educated" and here to improve our understanding for which we thank him deeply. 

We are not worthy!

Archived