IGNORED

Lee Johnson

redredrobin5

• Admin
14 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I often wonder how LJ sees his position here. Does he want to see it through to the end and possibly become a hero  at City or does he see it as a stepping stone to bigger and better things?

A bit of both would be my view.

Surely like anyone in any job - you want to achieve the best you can, and if that opens doors to better opportunities then so be it

43 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Here's hoping Lee won't even consider moving until he becomes the first English manager since 1992 to lift the cup as winner of the top division - for The City

Well there's no harm in hoping.

YOU gotta have a dream,if you don't have a dream,how you gonna have a dream come true.

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Here's hoping Lee won't even consider moving until he becomes the first English manager since 1992 to lift the cup as winner of the top division - for The City

I hope he'd stay to lead us to Champions League glory the following season... 

On 5/11/2016 at 16:02, Ivorguy said:

Rather than start a new Lee Johnson thread- I thought in the interests of recycling and the environment that this one would do nicely.

I did also like the "I love Lee Johnson" thread and better still the " Lee Johnson- potential England Manager ?"one.

@Red-Robbo was trying to make a point on the "Huddersfield boycott thread" so I thought I'd give him a helping hand.

14 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

When hope has long since fled, action is the only course to take

I wholeheartedly agree and cannot deny that I'm not becoming increasingly irritated that this hasn't happened where it matters.

The point I am continually trying to get across is that whilst Lee was never the messiah nor has he become the anti-christ - he's just the wrong Manager for this club at the moment, imo. What a difference a few months make, though?

And then there's good old SC who went from Double hero to less than zero in less than 5 months. It's what I said in another OP- it's feast or famine at BCFC so we shouldn't really be so surprised but are definitely not heading for 'oblivion'- more likely L1. Again.

43 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Rather than start a new Lee Johnson thread- I thought in the interests of recycling and the environment that this one would do nicely.

I did also like the "I love Lee Johnson" thread and better still the " Lee Johnson- potential England Manager ?"one.

@Red-Robbo was trying to make a point on the "Huddersfield boycott thread" so I thought I'd give him a helping hand.

Nothing to see here MRR I don't think. Football fans are fickle and we've probably all changed our minds or said something about players/the team/management that get proven wrong or are said in the heat of the moment.

A good example of that is the first post in this thread!

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Nothing to see here MRR I don't think. Football fans are fickle and we've probably all changed our minds or said something about players/the team/management that get proven wrong or are said in the heat of the moment.

A good example of that is the first post in this thread!

Yep.

Happy to admit MS turned out to be a wrong call on my behalf and have continued to be reminded every month or more since Dec 2014 .

The above thread was in response to Red-Robbo's comments about posters originally being happy enough with Lee  and since then - a certain amount of hypocrisy. I was highlighting that fact.

Everyone has a right to change their mind- particularly when  circumstances change but it doesn't give anyone the right to air-brush out their previous thoughts including that SL had probably made a good choice at the time.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yep.

Happy to admit MS turned out to be a wrong call on my behalf and have continued to be reminded every month or more since Dec 2014 .

The above thread was in response to Red-Robbo's comments about posters originally being happy enough with Lee  and since then - a certain amount of hypocrisy. I was highlighting that fact.

Everyone has a right to change their mind- particularly when  circumstances change but it doesn't give anyone the right to air-brush out their previous thoughts including that SL had probably made a good choice at the time.

I think it does in a way. We as supporters only get to see the 90 mins. It's a small snapshot on which to judge hours of planning and training sessions that we don't see. A week's great training can be undone through a silly mistake.

Because we only get to see the 'tip of the iceberg' it means fans have to make judgements quicker and often without context.

Take your Smith thread for example, at the time he almost certainly wasn't match fit which would've impacted his performance. When he got up to speed he was great. You had to make a quick judgement on a small snapshot. That's fine because it's all you see but you didn't necessarily know the context - you didn't know if he wasn't match fit or had a niggly injury that made him play poorly.

With LJ, at the time it looked like a good choice. We were in good form and playing well - I think it's perfectly reasonable for people to think SL had done well. When you factor in the context to the poor form (damaging rumours, poor signings, Pemberton, SL being defiant against fan opinion) it totally changes things - I think it's ok for people to backtrack on comments made last April after knowing more of the context.

Archived