IGNORED

And so it starts - FA v Leicester City

Aizoon

2 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Chelsea will be playing for nothing, apart from stopping Spurs winning the title. 

Can't see Chelsea players wanting to see Leicester celebrating the title at Stamford Bridge, they'll be doing their best to stop that happen.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Will Chelsea roll over to stop Spurs winning the title?

People said that When Liverpool played Blackburn on the final day years back. if Leicester need a win at chelsea final day they won't do it.

It's ironic really that any other season, lots of people would have been rooting for Spurs to win the prem, rather than Chelsea, and the Manchesters. If they win it this year they will be seen as the villain of the piece though. Shame really because they look a cracking side to watch, some of their football tonight was terrific. 

The defender had his hand on the shoulder of a player who was past him did he not or am I off base in thinking that combined with a nudge with his hip on Vardy was enough to knock him down due to the fact the bloke was running at high speed. 

If you are the country's leading striker I don't see the sense in taking a dive when on a booking and there was a chance of a shot! Just my thought!

The reaction as soon as it happened I thought was going to turn this into a bigger saga. Wasn't wrong there! 

We will see what happens but I did think the stuff going on in the box was nuts and the ref is not going to look back on it as one of his better ones. However who cares as long as we win tomorrow!

I'm happy for either Leicester or Tottenham to win it. Obviously Leicester is more of a fairytale and would be amazing to see, but Spurs would have been just as incredible any other season. The young English core and the job Poch has done is also mightily impressive.

It's just been a refreshingly enjoyable season of Premier League football with how it isn't the same old teams dominating. Hopefully with the TV money spread out, the league will continue to go down the same path. Although it's bad news for us lower league (non parachute payment) lot.

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Got to be honest, I'm hating this whole Leicester love in, who gives a shite who wins that league, I certainly don't. i'm only concerned about how we are doing ourselves.

Disagree re not caring, for once the Premiership is absolutely compelling given the title is going to one of two teams who wouldn't have been given a prayer at the start of the season instead of Man City or Chelsea who have effectively bought the title in recent years.

I am with you on getting weary somewhat of the Leicester love-in, however. Don't get me wrong it will be a fantastic story if they pull it off but I think conspiracy theories if they collapse when it matters are wide of the mark - they've had their fair share of decisions go their way (which of course any successful team needs so fair play) - a couple of handballs that could've been given, Sunderland missing a sitter at 1-0 last week are a couple that spring to mind off the top of my head and may well of changed the entire complexion of the title run-in.

They were pretty fortunate to salvage a point yesterday IMO. The red card was justified - it was an outrageous dive. 

I can see why most neutrals want them to win but I'm of the view that a Spurs title win would be no less remarkable for those of us without a vested interest. There's no doubt who play the better football - Tottenham, hands down. Plus, as an England fan I am excited by the crop of good young players they have blooded.

Also, a Spurs championship would drive bedwetting Arsenal types and their odious  manager spare.

Spurs needed to deliver tonight or Leiceater were practically home and dry, and boy did they lay down a marker. Five points is still a nice cushion with four games to go but How many times have we seen teams with no experience of winning titles capitulate (One of the reasons why I refused to contemplate us as League One champs until it was actually confirmed!) when it looks like they could not possibly throw it away. Difference is of course the other title challengers haven't won it in half a century either.

Leicester will drop more points between now and the end of the season with the run-in they have got, I'm convinced of that. Psychologically this Vardy incident might just gnaw away at them, he's a talismanic figure even though they are by no margin reliant on his goals.

Spurs seem to be finding that extra gear to sprint for the line just at the right time. They'd be worthy champions (as would Leicester). I have a sneaking suspicion they might just do it. Whatever happens, it will likely go down to the final day.

Gripping stuff.

36 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The defender had his hand on the shoulder of a player who was past him did he not or am I off base in thinking that combined with a nudge with his hip on Vardy was enough to knock him down due to the fact the bloke was running at high speed. 

If you are the country's leading striker I don't see the sense in taking a dive when on a booking and there was a chance of a shot! Just my thought!

The reaction as soon as it happened I thought was going to turn this into a bigger saga. Wasn't wrong there! 

We will see what happens but I did think the stuff going on in the box was nuts and the ref is not going to look back on it as one of his better ones. However who cares as long as we win tomorrow!

Some bloke at work earlier put his hand on my shoulder and, weirdly, it didn't make my legs shoot out at a 45 degree angle to my right hand side.  

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Some bloke at work earlier put his hand on my shoulder and, weirdly, it didn't make my legs shoot out at a 45 degree angle to my right hand side.  

I suspect it didn't. But we're you traveling at high speed and also got a push from the defenders hip as clearly you weren't playing premier league football. Or did you get the foul for illegal contact before your legs were able to shoot out. 

Its easy to be glib but there was stupid holding the entire game. The Huth incident was insane and the foul had already been committed by the bloke holding Vardy by the shoulder. That is completely clear. 

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Long suffering? All those relegations like the rest of us? 

Different expectations though. You could laugh for saying not winning the European Cup for 30 years would qualify as "long suffering" - Real Madrid fans in the 70s, 80s and 90s would beg to differ, though.

We'd say all those near misses for promotion circa 2000-2007 would make us "long suffering" but try telling that to fans of a club like Stockport, Hereford or Darlington...

48 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I suspect it didn't. But we're you traveling at high speed and also got a push from the defenders hip as clearly you weren't playing premier league football. Or did you get the foul for illegal contact before your legs were able to shoot out. 

Its easy to be glib but there was stupid holding the entire game. The Huth incident was insane and the foul had already been committed by the bloke holding Vardy by the shoulder. That is completely clear. 

You can fool some of the people some of the time.  Shame you aren't Jonathan Moss for Vardy's sake.

Its as clear dive.  

Yeah there can't be any complaints about the second yellow, he moved his legs over to initiate contact, whether you call that a dive or deliberate contact whichever way its not a penalty and a yellow. 

Are Leicester allowed to appeal the first yellow? If they can appeal on that basis and get the red overturned they can at least get 1 game taken off and then only whatever Vardy gets as a result of his antics after being sent off.

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It's ironic really that any other season, lots of people would have been rooting for Spurs to win the prem, rather than Chelsea, and the Manchesters. If they win it this year they will be seen as the villain of the piece though. Shame really because they look a cracking side to watch, some of their football tonight was terrific. 

I want Spurs to win it as they play much better football than Leicester. They would be more worthy Champions in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Will Chelsea roll over to stop Spurs winning the title?

Could happen. Gerrard put Drogba through on goal once to stop Man Utd winning it. However I may add that was one of Gerrards major traits,  putting the opposition through on goal, so maybe not.

10 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Agree, he looks an angry young man, he should be enjoying his football at the moment, but he obviously can't.

Got to be honest, I'm hating this whole Leicester love in, who gives a shite who wins that league, I certainly don't. i'm only concerned about how we are doing ourselves.

To a point but if a team like Leicester wins it then it opens right up and literally means when, not if, we go up we have as a good a chance as any other team; surely that theoretical fact makes going up a whole lot more interesting.

12 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Someone at the FA has finally realised that it will be a disaster for Sky, the Big Clubs and the Plastics if Leicester win the Prem :(

Alan Shearer and Ian Wright on referee Jon Moss in Leicester draw
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36068462

Leicester's Jamie Vardy charged by Football Association over dismissal
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36075748

Anyone surprised? Anyone?

12 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Someone at the FA has finally realised that it will be a disaster for Sky, the Big Clubs and the Plastics if Leicester win the Prem :(

Alan Shearer and Ian Wright on referee Jon Moss in Leicester draw
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36068462

Leicester's Jamie Vardy charged by Football Association over dismissal
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36075748

Anyone surprised? Anyone?

The FA and the Premier League are two separate entities are they not? The FA would hardly care how the model of the EPL is portrayed around the word. Only Scudamore and Gill etc would. 

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

To a point but if a team like Leicester wins it then it opens right up and literally means when, not if, we go up we have as a good a chance as any other team; surely that theoretical fact makes going up a whole lot more interesting.

Not sure this is true.  Leicester winning it would be a one off IMO - like Blackburn.  I certainly don't think it would signal any shift in power - be back to the big 6 again next season.

12 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Why so negative about an English player who has been fantastic all season for an unfashionable club? His story has been sensational doesn't matter if he looks a bit chavvy or not. Great to see his rise from non league

I don't think its coz he looks a bit chavvy.... its because he is a chav! The quote from him on social media earlier this season says it all. 'Talk sh!t get banged'!!

I'm in agreement on the consistency argument, but on this occasion I think it is hard to lay the blame at anyone's feet (or mouth) other than Vardy's.

If he'd not done is best Diego Costa impression when getting sent, he'd not be following that up with an even better Costa impression that will be played out in the stands next two games.

Worst thing for them is it gives Spurs the boost they need to keep chasing them down, and it will be tight.

That said; this season has been so bonkers, I can see someone like Okasaki stepping up and banging in some crucial goals now, despite only a handful so far.

Either way; someone is winning the Premier League for the first time, so I don't think the fix is in here.

Firstly, I must have watched something completely different to most people? Vardy didnt deserve the first yellow and the second definitely looked like a penalty to me. Admittedly I've only seen it once or twice.

Morgan foul on Reid, definitely a penalty though I agree its a complete lack of consistency as this happens 10 times a game.

Carroll foul at the end, definite penalty. No idea why Carroll went in so rashly like that and he's just wiped the Leicester player out.

As a player, there's a side you dont see or hear much about and thats the referee's conduct. I'd love mic's on refs just so that people would see/(hear) how badly some of them speak to us. I dont agree with the way ref's are spoken to and circled around after bad decisions but respect is a two way thing and so many refs, even more so at lower levels, will give decisions to the louder team.

There's nothing more infuriating in a game than a referee that firstly gets too many decisions wrong / inconsistency and then isnt capable of a conversation - leading to raised tempers.

Archived