IGNORED

And so it starts - FA v Leicester City

Aizoon

13 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Firstly, I must have watched something completely different to most people? Vardy didnt deserve the first yellow and the second definitely looked like a penalty to me. Admittedly I've only seen it once or twice.

Morgan foul on Reid, definitely a penalty though I agree its a complete lack of consistency as this happens 10 times a game.

Carroll foul at the end, definite penalty. No idea why Carroll went in so rashly like that and he's just wiped the Leicester player out.

As a player, there's a side you dont see or hear much about and thats the referee's conduct. I'd love mic's on refs just so that people would see/(hear) how badly some of them speak to us. I dont agree with the way ref's are spoken to and circled around after bad decisions but respect is a two way thing and so many refs, even more so at lower levels, will give decisions to the louder team.

There's nothing more infuriating in a game than a referee that firstly gets too many decisions wrong / inconsistency and then isnt capable of a conversation - leading to raised tempers.

The first yellow was given for persistent fouling. He was warned that his next one would lead to a booking. Although he didn't make contact, the intent was there.... Apparently. 

44 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Firstly, I must have watched something completely different to most people? Vardy didnt deserve the first yellow and the second definitely looked like a penalty to me. Admittedly I've only seen it once or twice.

Morgan foul on Reid, definitely a penalty though I agree its a complete lack of consistency as this happens 10 times a game.

Carroll foul at the end, definite penalty. No idea why Carroll went in so rashly like that and he's just wiped the Leicester player out.

As a player, there's a side you dont see or hear much about and thats the referee's conduct. I'd love mic's on refs just so that people would see/(hear) how badly some of them speak to us. I dont agree with the way ref's are spoken to and circled around after bad decisions but respect is a two way thing and so many refs, even more so at lower levels, will give decisions to the louder team.

There's nothing more infuriating in a game than a referee that firstly gets too many decisions wrong / inconsistency and then isnt capable of a conversation - leading to raised tempers.

Vardy moved his legs into the path of the defender to initiate contact with the defender.

1 hour ago, Cunnyfunt said:

The first yellow was given for persistent fouling. He was warned that his next one would lead to a booking. Although he didn't make contact, the intent was there.... Apparently. 

This. People have been banging on about how the first yellow wasn't deserved, without taking into the account it was about the 4th time in 20 minutes that he'd gone aimlessly lunging in

8 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Vardy banned for one game, likely to be increased to two.  3 difficult games in Leicester's run in.  I think Spurs will pip them.  Don't want them too - but I think they will.

Listening to Bull(shitter) Durham this afternoon, and he reckons most neutrals now want Spurs to win the tile because Spurs play great football and Leicester don't and they are a bit of a rough house ( that's a Big Tone condensed version!).

I'm not so sure, as I think most neutrals see Leicester as the proper underdogs ( Spurs are a big club , with big resources and has spent millions more on their squad than has Leicester). Also, for fans of a club like ours, I think Leicester's achievements still give cause for hope, if not optimism, that there is a still a whisker of a chance of a club coming up from the championship and having a tilt at the top end of the premier league, even if it might only happen once in a blue moon.

What do you al think?

8 hours ago, supercidered said:

I don't think its coz he looks a bit chavvy.... its because he is a chav! The quote from him on social media earlier this season says it all. 'Talk sh!t get banged'!!

You've got it wrong again here mate. Not only is it "chat shit, get banged", but the post was made when he was playing non league football.

1 hour ago, Kotsy said:

This. People have been banging on about how the first yellow wasn't deserved, without taking into the account it was about the 4th time in 20 minutes that he'd gone aimlessly lunging in

Yep. You could see the ref warning him. One more and it's yellow. 

11 hours ago, Cunnyfunt said:

The FA and the Premier League are two separate entities are they not? The FA would hardly care how the model of the EPL is portrayed around the word. Only Scudamore and Gill etc would. 

Er... No. It's technically the FA Premier League. 

On 19 April 2016 at 08:29, Cunnyfunt said:

The FA and the Premier League are two separate entities are they not? The FA would hardly care how the model of the EPL is portrayed around the word. Only Scudamore and Gill etc would. 

They are indeed two separate entities.

As I see it, one has all the money and when it says" jump" , the FA asks " how high?".

6 hours ago, downendcity said:

They are indeed two separate entities.

As I see it, one has all the money and when it says" jump" , the FA asks " how high?".

About as separate as, just to take an example at random, the Fox Corporation and Sky Television...

Archived